• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic announced for 9/29, $80, 21 games, has Star Fox 2 [more units than NESC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

ive only played the arcade version of ghouls and ghosts which is admittedly rad, does the snes version hold up

Definitely holds up.

I played the crap out of that one too growing up. Never could quite beat it. Got to love that magical golden armor (if you can get it).

Man I still have every level memorized. Every piece of armor, every weapon chest. My brothers and I could pretty reliably beat the game on easy but it was unforgiving for sure. It's actually the game I'm most excited to play again on the whole list.

Kadin

Absolutely, it runs 8 and 16 bit era games pretty flawlessly, and you can even run MAME , CPS2 and Neo Geo roms. Basically the majority of NES games will load up on it with no external emulators required, whereas for other systems you upload additional emulators.

You can also straight up run Retroarch on it, it's pretty awesome.
This sounds amazing. This little machine is gonna be so great to dabble with provided I love the SNES controllers as much as I remember.

Dr.Acula

Banned
81914.jpg

gweemz

I'm getting scared that the only way I am going to get one of these is by buying the eventual "gamestop bundle" like I had to do with the nesc.

Cepheus

What order will you play these games in? Zelda would be my first choice if I hadn't beaten it so many times.

1. Super Metroid™
  2. Star Fox™
  3. Star Fox™ 2
  4. F-ZERO™
  5. Yoshi’s Island™
  6. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars™
  7. Mega Man® X
  8. Final Fantasy III
  9. Super Punch-Out!! ™
  10. Donkey Kong Country™
  11. Contra III: The Alien Wars™
  12. Kirby’s Dream Course™
  13. EarthBound™
  14. Kirby™ Super Star
  15. Super Castlevania IV™
  16. Super Mario World™
  17. Secret of Mana
  18. The Legend of Zelda™: A Link to the Past™
  19. Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts®
  20. Street Fighter® II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
  21. Super Mario Kart™

For me, in this order.

1. Street Fighter 2
2. Super Castlevania 4
3. Super Mario Kart
4. F-Zero
5. Donkey Kong Country
6. EarthBound
7. Star Fox
8. Star Fox 2
9. Super Metroid
10. Mega Man X
11. Kirby Super Star
12. Kirby's Dream Course
13. Super Mario World
14. A Link To The Past
15. Yoshi's Island
16. Contra 3
17. Secret of Mana
18. Super Mario RPG
19. Final Fantasy 3/6
20. Super Ghouls n' Ghosts
21. Super Punch-Out

While I keep popping up in the thread and have all my notifications setup, seriously people. I would legitimately be shocked if ANY major US retailer has pre-orders up within the next month or so, if ever.

480p

while the US SNES mini might not go up today, i'm hoping the JPN famicom does. thats pretty much the one im looking for anyways

Super Castlevania IV and Final Fantasy 3/6 make this thing a must buy for me. Please god let Nintendo do the right thing and make enough so the scalpers don't go ham.

Poppy

did you guys ever stop and think maybe they will release preorders when we hit the thread limit???? maybe we need to KEEP POSTING

480p

did you guys ever stop and think maybe they will release preorders when we hit the thread limit???? maybe we need to KEEP POSTING

preorder date extends with each post on this thread

july 2020 3:30AM preorder date confirmed

I don't blame the retailers.

NOE, being competent, was probably ready for the announcement and had provided expected stock numbers to European retailers ahead of time.

NOA, being incompetent, was probably not ready for the announcement and hasn't provided expected stock numbers to North American retailers ahead of time.

Just a guess based on past NOA performance vs NOE.

For whatever reason a TON of people think the NES Classic didn't go up for pre-order in the US but it did in a bunch of places. The SNESC will as well, most likely.

I don't blame the retailers.

NOE, being competent, was probably ready for the announcement and had provided expected stock numbers to European retailers ahead of time.

NOA, being incompetent, was probably not ready for the announcement and hasn't provided expected stock numbers to North American retailers ahead of time.

Just a guess based on past NOA performance vs NOE.

I don't think NOA actually wants pre-orders at all in this case. Same with the NES.

I go on a week long vacation tomorrow.

And, whaddya know, there won't be any wi-fi or phone reception where I'm going.

Haha.

Uh oh.

RedZaraki

Banned
It's hilarious and sad that if Nintendo just like......made more of their product , that they would probably sell ten or 20 times as many of those products.

Money on the table.

WHY?

It's like they WANT this thing to be insanely hard to find.

mazillion

Hmmm at this point I feel like pre-orders for the US are going to start randomly weeks/months from now.

Edit: 100 pages of anxiety!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom