• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic announced for 9/29, $80, 21 games, has Star Fox 2 [more units than NESC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinokill

So, nothing. I can't be in front of my laptop all day long for this shit. Fuck Nintendo!.

I hope my order from UK is not cancelled. If I get lucky and order a US version I will sell my EU version(if i get it) for $500 shipped to any lucky gaffer.

What order will you play these games in? Zelda would be my first choice if I hadn't beaten it so many times.

1. Super Metroid™
  2. Star Fox™
  3. Star Fox™ 2
  4. F-ZERO™
  5. Yoshi’s Island™
  6. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars™
  7. Mega Man® X
  8. Final Fantasy III
  9. Super Punch-Out!! ™
  10. Donkey Kong Country™
  11. Contra III: The Alien Wars™
  12. Kirby’s Dream Course™
  13. EarthBound™
  14. Kirby™ Super Star
  15. Super Castlevania IV™
  16. Super Mario World™
  17. Secret of Mana
  18. The Legend of Zelda™: A Link to the Past™
  19. Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts®
  20. Street Fighter® II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
  21. Super Mario Kart™

1. Super Mario World
2. A Link to the Past
3. Super Metroid
4. Contra III
5. Donkey Kong Country
6. Yoshi's Island
7. Secret of Mana
8. Super Mario RPG
9. Star Fox
10. Star Fox 2
11. Final Fantasy III
12. Super Castlevania IV
13. Kirby's Dream Course
14. Kirby Super Star
15. EarthBound
16. Mega Man X
17. F-ZERO
18. Street Fighter II
19. Super Ghouls n' Ghosts
20. Super Mario Kart
21. Super Punch-Out

SNES launched a couple months after my birth, but it is still the console I grew up with.

Every weekend my parents dropped me off friday-sunday at my grandparents house. There wasnt much to do there but my uncle did own a SNES.

I owned a Genesis and N64 but those weekends with the SNES were my best gaming memories. ALTTP, SMW, SMK, Super Metroid, Gradius III, Super Mario RPG, Rampart, and DKC3 will always be some of my favorite games.

Even years later I doscovered more awesome SNES games like Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, and most recently FF6 became one of my favorite RPGs. I'm excited to try Secret of Mana for the first time if I can get this!

ameleco

This needs to hurry up and happen. I'm tired of being shackled to my computer :'( I missed out on stuff yesterday and probably again today because of this :( On the plus side, I went to PT and work without it going up and have the rest of the day to chill.

Fox Mulder

Reggie be like "SHOW ME. HOW BAD DO YOU REALLY WANT IT"

3038845.gif

Lee

You guys should really move Super Ghouls & Ghosts higher on your lists. Haven't seen any hype in there but man, what a great game.

Let's all pretend US pre-orders went up and we all got one so we can watch people come in here and freak out when it says now unavailable.

This needs to hurry up and happen. I'm tired of being shackled to my computer :'( I missed out on stuff yesterday and probably again today because of this :( On the plus side, I went to PT and work without it going up and have the rest of the day to chill.

You're likely going to be shackled to your computer until September 29th.

T8SC

I was lucky enough to get one. Gonna be a lot of nostalgia when it gets delivered. A few of those games I never played as I wasn't into RPG's at that age and can't deal with emulators so Secret Of Mana, Mario RPG & Final Fantasy VI will be great to finally play with the correct controller too.

Hope those who genuinely want one, get one. The amount of scalpers who picked up the NES classic was disgusting, I missed out on that one, would've been even more nostalgia.

Blader

I never had (but always wanted) an SNES as a kid. I managed to play a few of the big games -- Super Mario World, A Link to the Past -- in handheld ports down the line, but otherwise missed out on 99 percent of the system's catalog. At $80, I'd definitely grab this, but I know there's gonna be no chance it doesn't sell out before I can get to it. :\

"Day 57. Dear Diary,

As many of you know, I still remain shackled to my computer. I continue to miss out on stuff. I blame GAF."

Poppy

You guys should really move Super Ghouls & Ghosts higher on your lists. Haven't seen any hype in there but man, what a great game.

ive only played the arcade version of ghouls and ghosts which is admittedly rad, does the snes version hold up

KingBroly

Banned
I'll probably play Star Fox first. Just to unlock 2 and see if it holds up. Then I'll play Yoshi's Island and all of its' Original Majesty.

tesqui

Best Buy keeps updating there page switching between "No Release Date" to "09/29/2017".

It's been happening on and off the whole day. It's really weird.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member

I played the crap out of that one too growing up. Never could quite beat it. Got to love that magical golden armor (if you can get it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom