• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Mania |OT| Dreams Come True

Jazzem

So is it worth getting in the Switch?

Also just had a look see and the review for the CE are pretty bad on Amazon

GFNeXMo.png

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sonic-Mani...e=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews&sortBy=recent

Yikes...can any GAFers attest with similar reports?

It's probably made similar to the generations statue looks good but it's just made of plastic, people seem to think it was more then that I guess.

When you think that the game is £16 that makes the figure a £50 item really along with the gold ring, again the same sort of thing the generations edition came with (don't polish it you scrub off the gold coating and it's silver underneigh)

To you and the others in here with XBO with not as much stuttering. Do you guys have a kinect hooked up?
Don't have a Kinect. You guys running anything in the background are in a party? Anything that would be taking resources? Not sure - I literally noticed no issues while playing and I'm fairly sensitive to framerate drops.

Kinsei

Banned
I take back what I said about Press Garden act 2 being my favorite Sonic stage, that honor has to go to Mirage Saloon act 2. It also has the first fun boss in the game.

https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/GFNeXMo.png[IMG]
[url]https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sonic-Mania-Collectors-Edition-PS4/product-reviews/B01MA31B2C/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_show_all_btm?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews&sortBy=recent[/url]

Yikes...can any GAFers attest with similar reports?[/QUOTE]I got a Wario64 notification that it was available and almost pulled the trigger, buuuuuuuut then I realized that I don't have room, so now I'm glad I held off.

I hope it's just hyperbole for the sake of those who bought it. The contents do look very nice in the photo.

Jazzem

My PS4 code doesn't even work, and the paper slip was UNDER the plastic by thr statue instead of on top. Not sure if code was stolen by worker?

Ah damn, sorry to hear Curler :( Hope you can get a replacement code

I got a Wario64 notification that it was available and almost pulled the trigger, buuuuuuuut then I realized that I don't have room, so now I'm glad I held off.

I cancelled mine only a few days ago for budgetary reasons...lucky save there. Certainly would make me wary of future Sega collector's editions.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Ah damn, sorry to hear Curler :( Hope you can get a replacement code

I sure hope so. I'll bug Amazon first (does Sega even have CS?) Maybe I can get credit for just a code instead of making a full exchange. I was really looking forward to it tonight :(

Tubie

Why the fuck did it take them so long to make another good Sonic game.

I can't believe how good this is and it also reminds me how good Sonic 1 and 2 were.

The Sum of Zero

Gold Member
Only just finished Stardust Speedway, but damn that boss fight was amazing.

Only have two emeralds, more focusing on learning how to get through the levels on this playthrough.

zeioIIDX

Just got mine a couple minutes ago and yeah...the power button and the volume slider are both very cheap feeling. I actually cannot play the SEGA jingle by simply flipping the power switch. I have to actually hold the entire statue/console down with one hand because the power switch does not slide smoothly at all, it's very rough. Same with the volume slider (which does nothing other than slide up and down).

I also noticed that the very bottom of my label on the Sonic Mania cartridge repro keeps coming up as if it no longer wants to stick to the cartridge. It's not a huge deal but I wish the label were stickier. Overall, I'm satisfied despite this although I think an art book or even downloadable OST would have been awesome inclusions too lol.

Berordn

I love Dimension Heist but it's really different from the other special stages where you actually do have to learn the layout of the track first. Blue Sphere and Half Pipes are at least designed to be finishable sight unseen.

Branduil

I was so not ready for
that background "gimmick".

Strong DKCR vibes from that.

I first noticed the
badniks and smaller level elements in the background and thought "That's a neat and unusual art design," and then I used one of those see-saws and went "OH..."

Robin64

Tch, just realised the official Sonic Twitter account spoiled one of the unlockables. I mean, not a massive deal, but if you didn't know and you wanted to be surprised..

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
so is the level design more reminiscent of 1 & 2 or CD? if it's the former i'll probably buy it today

Eggman is absolutely despicable in this game, in
Metallic Madness
Zone he's using a
gacha machine robot
. Truly one of gaming's greatest villains.

The people expecting anything greater than cheap plastic were fooling themselves. What were they expecting? You can tell the 'statue' and genesis are cheap hollow plastic from the product photos and unboxings.

Besides those folk, the reports of broken pieces, difficult switches, broken sound and missing contents are indeed worrying. If they're going to ship fragile plastic they should at least package it well enough that it can survive the trip.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The levels are super dense like CD (and 3&K), but with a great sense of intuitive flow. You won't be getting lost like in CD.

ok good. CD just never gave me that feel of momentum that i wanted but the look and sound was always super on-point

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
PC version was delayed to the 29th, so you won't be getting anything PC version related until then at the earliest.

But the people in the Sonic Youtube channel said that the CE will be delivered, and the code on Steam will grant Sonic 1 as "an apology" for that delay.

Just finished the game! That was amazing, but i'm a bit disappointed by the final boss...

would have hoped for a final form or a third act with a bigger machine

also what are the extra that you can unlock with medals?

Hmmm that Chemical Plant Zone boss fight. Not a fan.

]I most certainly prefer tetris to Puyo Puyo. The problem is the colors are too similar. The yellows and greens are too similar and the blues and purples are too similar

Its messing me up

Are your TV colours off or something?

The lack of a proper Dpad on the joycons and the Pro Controller's shitty Dpad makes me want to by this game on PS4.

Seriously, Nintendo really dropped the ball on their Dpad's this time around. I'll never want to buy a Dpad centric game for the Switch because of this.

Joycon "dpad" is actually perfectly fine.

Want to get this but still not sure for which console..I have the PS4, Switch, and XBOX ONE..should I get it on the Switch..seems the switch one is more limited

Top Bottom