• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces partnership w/ KojiPro, New IP, 1st game "console exclusive to PS4"/PC

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
It's a shame it is console exclusive. It was a shame for Tomb Raider and it is a shame for this.

That will go against the group think but there it is.
You right, this will hurt like TR did.

Probably not though. Good thing you have a PS4 or PC right?!

FATALITY

Banned
And this thread turned out about how I expected.

Will they even have anything to show by then? 6 months doesn't seem like enough time to get something substantial running since they probably haven't even started yet.

a lot people said the same thing about gears 4 and bam gameplay at e3.
6 months is enough to make some cgi trailer.

Gator86

It's a shame it is console exclusive. It was a shame for Tomb Raider and it is a shame for this.

False equivalencies aren't useful. Tomb Raider deal was completely different. I don't know how people always manage to dredge up old, tired, inaccurate talking points like this.

Markoman

Not coming to Xbox? Good thing I've never enjoyed a single one of his games.

Obligatory....

4300175.jpg

Man, I see this and wonder if they had the announcement planned for PSX before Konami pulled their nonsense. Place would have gone crazy.

I think the bickering over the term console exclusive versus multiplatform is pretty silly. While it is technically multiplatform only calling it that does a really poor job of explaining the game's release situation. But I guess it makes some PC players feel better?

Where as Console Exclusive to PS4 implies it's not coming to XB1 or the Wii U, but is almost certainly coming to PC, though probably not right away.

Same as No Man's Sky, FF VII Remake, Shenmue 3, etc.

Koobion

Unlike Tomb Raider with Xbox, Kojima's biggest audience is on Playstation. This makes a lot more sense than most exclusivity deals.

lol shaolin getting put on blast

You right, this will hurt like TR did.

Probably not though. Good thing you have a PS4 or PC right?!

For reference, there was a 70/30 split in sales favoring the PS4 for MGS V in the US alone. It was definitely more in Sony's favor in the ROTW. So yeah, if it was a choice between MS and Sony, it was a pretty obvious one. Though it was likely that Microsoft never had an opportunity regardless given the history between Sony and Kojima.

a lot people said the same thing about gears 4 and bam gameplay at e3.
6 months is enough to make some cgi trailer.

That's about all I'm expecting.

I think the bickering over the term console exclusive versus multiplatform is pretty silly. While it is technically multiplatform only calling it that does a really poor job of explaining the game's release situation.

Where as Console Exclusive to PS4 implies it's not coming to XB1 or the Wii U, but is almost certainly coming to PC, though probably not right away.

Same as No Man's Sky, FF VII Remake, Shenmue 3, etc.

Console Exclusive, Holiday 2018.

The comma makes it better! :p

prwxv3

haha getting a last word in is derailing, the game was delayed so many times..
it's showing it's age...

don't know why that's hard to swallow.

This has been explained many times . The game could not run on PS3 with a acceptable framerate. So they had to port it to ps4 and that took a long time due to the complicated nature of the PS3 . The game was never delayed it never had a good release date established ever until now.

Tankard

I'm hyperventilating over this, so excited to see a new Kojima project in colab with Sony.
Please contact Del Toro, let's make P.T. a thing.

evilr

Banned
Ironic since the announcement was mellow and professional.

Huge for the PlayStation fanbase.

All the stupid fanboy or consoke wars comments were hard to sift through but ignorance and childish emotion isn't worth the quotes.

Great day for gaming as this is the best fit on the most successful platform.

PS4 is the closest thing we've had to the PS2.

Andrew House is perhaps the most professional and skilled executive in the entire industry. Without doubt PlayStations dominant strategy is partly down to him.

Glad for him, and it's actually happening @ NewIP!!! I hope its something completely different. Definitely going to get it.

On the other hand, I'm really sour about it being console exclusive. I'd feel the same way if Microsoft snatched it too. It's a shame that this game isn't going to reach everyone. Although I'm willing to bet that if it was the other way they'd be a much bigger outrage.

Yeah you guys are right. I'm so fucking passionate about the video games I've played over the last 8 years. Whether it's Braid, Mass Effect, Alan Wake, Halo, Splosion Man, Fez or Max Payne 3 or Bioshock or Rock Band, etc... I've had unforgettable moments and I will continue to have that with games like Quantum Break or the next Halo or whatever.

I just feel like staying XB1-only for me is just not possible anymore. There are too many exclusives for me to ignore. And I feel this huge attachment to my gamertag that makes me want to play every game on an Xbox platform but I don't think so anymore.

I'm in Canada and PS4 Uncharted bundle shows up as $430 on bestbuy.ca. I might wait until Boxing Day depending on my itch. And honestly, I'm getting excited because getting a PS4 means I'll finally play Journey, Uncharted, and Last Of Us (I tried Last Of Us on my brother's console but didn't get far). I fucking love quirky indie games like Fez and Braid; Journey is always one game which I never played but always was intrigued by its praise.
Yeah trophies and gamer tag will keep you locked in, but there's no harm in jumping in now, and just playing all the PS games you missed. Just get ps4 for the exclusives and keep gaming on your platform of choice. Its just a momentum shift, usually happens every Gen in some form or another.

Top Bottom