• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces partnership w/ KojiPro, New IP, 1st game "console exclusive to PS4"/PC

vpance

He made two last generation. MGS4 and Peace Walker.

Never did play it so it doesn't register in my mind, lol

Nonetheless, I'm sure he's eager to prove himself a great creator again with new IP that he must have had in his head for years. Fully expecting it to be released, spilt, episodic or otherwise before end of 2018.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Please make a JRPG!

I want to see what this guy can do it an RPG game lol

I don't think Kojima is the "JRPG" type guy personally. Yeah he made ZOE,which is basically an anime game, but that was an action game...

delta_reg

Two years from now (Q4 2018) would be wildly optimistic. We are just a few weeks from being in 2016 as it stands and he doesn't even have a team in place.
Q4 2018 is 3 years from now, not two. I could see him having a game out by then. It just might not be in the same scale as something like MGS 5 is all.

Zee-Row

Banned
Did Shinkawa join Kojima? I know he made the logo for the company but is he going to be doing the artwork for this new game?

Amir0x

Banned
I have to admit the last MGS I liked at all was MGS3, and that the story in the series is such convoluted garbage and some of the direction of characters so grotesque in MGSV that I will admit to being concerned about any game Kojima helms. That said, he's a visionary and it should be interesting to see for a bit at least. Should be a curiosity if nothing else.

So with all the praise I've seen Kojima do, you think he would attempt to make a more stylized open-world game with say a Japanese city?

Top two picks are
1) Open world game
2) RPG

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Well it can be something similar to Lost Odyssey. JRPG doesn't necesarily needs an anime style.

I know that, i'd be the first person to say Dark Souls/Demons Souls ect are JRPGs.

My thing is, he seems like he likes direct action games as opposed to RPG mechanics in the titles he's made so far.

Please make a JRPG!

I want to see what this guy can do it an RPG game lol
That's too much hype

For the people that want him to make an open world game..
200.gif

Nevadatan

So with all the praise I've seen Kojima do, you think he would attempt to make a more stylized open-world game with say a Japanese city?

Top two picks are
1) Open world game
2) RPG

a massively open japanese city could be good.
but i cannot avoid picturing persona when i think about it. so yeah.

Torgo

Thanks to everyone that dismissed us as "fanboys" that were just wishing this would happen. In February we begin our 10th year, and we have many close relationships in the industry. Also, when the new officially broke and proved that we were right, thanks also for not shooting us an apology for the attacks...

Original Article

Also, we predicted all of this on November 24th on Episode 450 of our podcast

We work harder than anyone apparently knows, and it sucks when you're not given a fair shake. We don't post "rumors" on our site or other clickbait BS you see on many other sites, but we're still treated like we do because we focus on a specific platform. Never change Internet.

Did Shinkawa join Kojima? I know he made the logo for the company but is he going to be doing the artwork for this new game?

As of now Shinkawa (artist), Ken (producer), and Ayako (assistant) are the three people that we know have rejoined Kojima. I've checked Murata's (ZoE2 director) twitter and he hasn't updated it in a week or so.

As of now Shinkawa (artist), Ken (producer), and Ayako (assistant) are the three people that we know have rejoined Kojima. I've checked Murata's (ZoE2 director) twitter and he hasn't updated it in a week or so.

nice!

i posted about Ken early this morning but nice to see updates about other staff members:)

Thanks to everyone that dismissed us as "fanboys" that were just wishing this would happen. In February we begin our 10th year, and we have many close relationships in the industry. Also, when the new officially broke and proved that we were right, thanks also for not shooting us an apology for the attacks...

Original Article

We work harder than anyone apparently knows, and it sucks when you're not given a fair shake. We don't post "rumors" on our site or other clickbait BS you see on many other sites, but we're still treated like we do because we focus on a specific platform. Never change Internet.

That self-promotion = ban

Original Article

We are kinda but not really sorry
-GAF

I would be surprised if he didn't join him. And I figure Konami wouldn't be happy if Yoji Shinkawa was busy making logos for another studio...seeing at the vice grip they have on their employees is tight..

New Kojima Production team looking utterly badass

That pic is like years old.

Hypereides

Gold Member
Honestly, I never imagined something like this to be concieved. With Sony's reputation for sharing tech, between studios, this exchange can bring some good things. Besides, both parties have a common factor of producing cinematic games.

Kojima, getting away from the MGS Saga has been long overdue. He needs to create something new.

On another note, its good they aren't neglecting the PC platform, which is a benefit for the gaming industry.

Original Article

...do you want a hug or something? Somebody give Torgo a hug.

Subtilia

Neo Member
O this so beautiful!
And he kept the company name!
Also a stechhelm for logo!

Everything is awesome!

Expept for that terrible monocase type.

Top Bottom