• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces partnership w/ KojiPro, New IP, 1st game "console exclusive to PS4"/PC

PZUhgAF.jpg

Back from the dead, armor in honor.

stryke

Sony is the platform they are releasing the game out on first, I would have to believe Sony is handling most if not all the publishing/PR for this game. Usually publishing on exclusive's or timed works in that nature.

Microsoft paid money to SE for TR timed exclusive deal, more than likely funded the whole PR campaign when using in the "Best lineup in Xbox history". I would assume that's close to what this deal is. Kojima's game is being made by them, they are funding some of it, Sony is giving them money for the exclusive deal and taking care of all PR/campaign duties. As in stage demo's for E3, TGS, and lead up to it's release with TV AD's.

They also worked out a deal to have a time frame for when PC version would come after PS4. Unless it get's moved up to release same day as Console version, which has and could happen.

How do you know there's no cross play? We haven't even seen the game, or know what it's about. Who knows at this point. I was just saying Sony doesn't have anything clause or legality wise issues having a PC version release for games on their system. Unless it's a timed deal where PC comes out at a later date. They allow PC versions to talk to console versions, which to me shows they don't have issues with developer's looking out for themselves.

I feel like we're talking about different things here. Did you realise my post was about Dragon Quest Heroes?

Smash88

Banned
Super excited to see Kojima landing on his feet. Hope him and his team a lot of success in the future. I'm super excited for Guillermo del Toro to potentially get back at it with him -maybe get the P.T. that never was. I'm also surprised to see Kojima/Sony thinking of the PC at all; usually it's a tertiary in the list of potential considerations. Getting whatever he puts out Day 1 on PC.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yeah, I also had to disable Twitter notifications on my devices, because the tweet I made with the gif got retweeted so often.

I don't even think that it's particularly funny apart from House's goofy face at the end. lol

The Fuck Konami head not was so perfect, I am still laughing, hahaha.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Thanks to everyone that dismissed us as "fanboys" that were just wishing this would happen. In February we begin our 10th year, and we have many close relationships in the industry. Also, when the new officially broke and proved that we were right, thanks also for not shooting us an apology for the attacks...

Original Article

Also, we predicted all of this on November 24th on Episode 450 of our podcast

We work harder than anyone apparently knows, and it sucks when you're not given a fair shake. We don't post "rumors" on our site or other clickbait BS you see on many other sites, but we're still treated like we do because we focus on a specific platform. Never change Internet.

You get props from me here Glenn. But then again, we know each other, and you always have been a straight shooter since MLB The Show CE's. /respect

That self-promotion = ban

Please, with all the port begging, drive-by shit posts that go on here, and well known shills that still are dodging the ban hammers, this is light in comparison.

Let them have their salt rubbing, especially with some of the shit people said to warrant this post, lol.

Rajang

Thanks to everyone that dismissed us as "fanboys" that were just wishing this would happen. In February we begin our 10th year, and we have many close relationships in the industry. Also, when the new officially broke and proved that we were right, thanks also for not shooting us an apology for the attacks...

Original Article

Also, we predicted all of this on November 24th on Episode 450 of our podcast

We work harder than anyone apparently knows, and it sucks when you're not given a fair shake. We don't post "rumors" on our site or other clickbait BS you see on many other sites, but we're still treated like we do because we focus on a specific platform. Never change Internet.

JN9HJYV.gif

Venom Fox

Banned
Kojima and Kojipro looking badass in that photo. Looking forward to his new game announcement. It'll be refreshing and extremely interesting to see Kojipro work on a new IP.

how can I work for these people

Can I just compliment them in Japanese for minimum wage? Where do I apply?

This ain't Dramafever man. Get a degree in computer science focusing on video game design and/or digital art, work your way through the industry and develop a resume as a hard working, intelligent employee with great ideas, get some quality references and some great games under your belt, follow Kojima on twitter and express your taste of global esoteric design and giant robots and then maybe, just maybe he'll let you handle the Estonian launch of his next title.

Just kidding bro. Just answering silly with silly 😜

Someone set the timer for 5 years and wake me up when it's finished.

The Gekko was a pretty freaky thing when it was first introduced. I'd like a game that has creepy weird bio-mech things like that, with PT-inspired gameplay.

Kojima-plan:

Hire Kiefer Sutherland as the voice for Snake because Kojima knew this was coming.

Go independent

Make new game with David Hayter voicing the new character with revived Kojima Productions as the best gut punch ever!

Top Bottom