• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2015 Press Conference Dated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lyrics for Beat It works pretty well in this situation.

tumblr_m3h2h7IC6H1rv63c0o1_500.gif

KoopaTheCasual

You're heading for the Worthy Edge of the cliff before we even get close to E3. A month is too long if you're already losing it on the first day.
Please, at least this new guy already regrets opening his mouth. WorthyEdge just kept going about "Gigatons" and relishing the spotlight, even though mods and users alike kept telling him to knock his shit off.

Glad he's gone.

It's always somewhat important, imo, to exercise some amount of discretion whenever possible. We, as a community, generate a ton of noise, and while self-censorship isn't great, we should be aware that there's aplenty of D-tier gaming sites who will make stories out of anything.

Even something that's actually news-worthy, got Mark Healey (MM Creative Director) in trouble. I'd wager he was not supposed to be openly talking about how MM's game was going to be revealed this year on Twitter, but alas.

LM78qMh.jpg

It's always somewhat important, imo, to exercise some amount of discretion whenever possible. We, as a community, generate a ton of noise, and while self-censorship isn't great, we should be aware that there's aplenty of D-tier gaming sites who will make stories out of anything.

*cough* gamingbolt *cough*

mejin

In terms of exclusive content this is what I'm expecting:

Unnanounced First Party E3 announcements:

1. Horizon. Possibly game of the show and a new standard for ingame visuals. Narrative chops from the writer of Fall Out: New Vegas, tech from Guerilla Games, and an incredible never before seen art direction.

2. Sony Bend's Game. This was mentioned by Shu Yoshida and described as "Panic!" at the PlayStation Launch Event with Keighley on Spike TV. The last game they made was many moons ago on the Vita. It'll be nice to see what they can on the PS4.

3. Quantic Dream's new project. These guys have sporadically shown up at the PS4 unveil and the following E3 2013. It's no secret Sony has a close relationship with them and it's been quite a few years since the release of Beyond: Two Souls.

-- This makes three unannounced games. That's a damn good number and something that would keep us all talking for a minute. Also- from what we know/seen:

4. Uncharted 4- I expect this to be the first game shown. I'm sure they'll choose a level which will be a both a technical and marvelous set piece. E3 2009 building collapse flashbacks ya'll.

5-10. Rime, WiLd, Until Dawn, Hellblade, and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture: Will all have two minute trailers and release dates.

11. No Man's Sky will be dated and shown alongside Morpheus.
----

New 2nd Party Partnerships:

12. Ratchet and Clank will finally be shown off. It will melt faces and be a nice counter offer to whatever new IP Rare is offering.
13. Capcom will show an updated build of Street Fighter V.
14. Level 5 wil show off their unannounced game- Ni No Kuni 2, and possibly a Ni No Kuni PS4 HD Remaster.
15. Square Enix will have one notable announcement, possibly related to Star Ocean PS4.
16. Persona 5 will be dated from North America.

This is an awesome conference and we haven't even talked about third party stuff yet. I think this is a sane estimation of what to expect. Bring on E3 2015.

This would be an awesome press, too perfect. :)

But if Sony would do something like that, I'd imagine they would have little to show on their future press this year.

Yup and then C-tier sites will pick up on it and then the B-sites will follow etc etc and then we arrive at IGN's article of The Last Guardian officially confirmed to be shown at E3...

Legit insiders should repost my "Micheal Jackson Moonwalker" PS4 boxart I posted on the E3 Predictions thread so that we have rumours of a HD Remaster of the old Sega Genesis MJ game for current-gen. /jk

A mess?

That's a bit hyperbolic there. A few very small websites report on a " rumor " from a verified leaker from a site that is notorious for having a stable of verified leakers. Not surprising.

I laughed about the part where they stated the dudes name had some deeper meaning with an animal clinic LOL. That part was funny.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Everybody can make a website. I doubt that any of those has more readers than this thread.

Man

All my attention is on the Morpheus details.

Though I'm sure Guerrilla's new IP will be pretty interesting.

I just want to caution GAF before diving into the deep end.

1. Keep the hype in check.

PSX was a nightmare because the hype reached levels never seen before on GAF, and in a blaze of glory - fell through the floor. It was an awesome event that was blighted because a lot of people were expecting a Shenmue 3, Crash Bandicoot, and FFVII remake. You owe it to yourself to dial the "Hype" notch back down to sanity.

2. !?The Last Guardian showing up!? We've heard this before every major conference in the last two years. I'm not a glutton for punishment- so I will not expect this game to show up this year or any year- EVER. If it does? Awesome. If it doesn't? Well you never expected it, so it never bothered you in the first place.

3. I would appreciate it if the 'real' insiders kept information to themselves. It'll be fun if we don't know anything before hand. Speculation is half the fun ^_^.

People should really look at the past couple conference and see that there's no precedent for the amount of announcements they expect. Then again, it's way less fun that way.

PFD

Now this may be reaching, but the name Zoetis may even be a bit of a clue. Zoetis Inc is a a medical company that provides health care to animals. The Last Guardian is a story about a boy and a great big animal who, from what we saw during the initial reveal (and in the image above) is injured and goes on an adventure with the young boy. Coincidence? Maybe, but it’s worth thinking about.

lol

kevin1025

Banned
Now this may be reaching, but the name Zoetis may even be a bit of a clue. Zoetis Inc is a a medical company that provides health care to animals. The Last Guardian is a story about a boy and a great big animal who, from what we saw during the initial reveal (and in the image above) is injured and goes on an adventure with the young boy. Coincidence? Maybe, but it’s worth thinking about.

lol

Oh wow... Kojima making The Last Guardian! These guys want clicks. I'll give them this, they can extrapolate like nobody's business!

Bousf

Amazing how sites are lurking around taking anything from here as news, even users' first posts now xD

Whether he tells the truth or not, folks need to take rumors with A PINCH OF SALT. Making an article based in the "evidence" presented here is unwise at best, self-damaging at worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom