• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2015 Press Conference Dated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumblr_inline_nmzbhhsf0J1r53rlu_500.gif

Thats some reach

CREMSteve

Cmon GAF, we really should know better by this point.

Stuff I'm shamelessly hoping will show up but know full well doesn't exist, hence I am bound to be disappointed by... Syphon Filter, Parasite Eve, Tomba and TLG.

Every year I know I am setting myself up for tears. :(

coughlanio

lWk22tF.jpg

The hype is real.

Sony and Bethesda are the only two I'm really hyped about (although I hope Microsoft brings it). Sadly, they're both on at really crappy times here in Europe, so think I'll take the two days off work and make the most of it.

BrunoM

Amazing how sites are lurking around taking anything from here as news, even users' first posts now xD

Whether he tells the truth or not, folks need to take rumors with A PINCH OF SALT. Making an article based in the "evidence" presented here is unwise at best, self-damaging at worst.

That's true and a sad part about some of our "members" they are just around for the only reason to "report" on some info we happen to know or run into ..

I happen to make a post about something to do with black ops 3 ..
With in an hour I had some "big" youtubers pm me on twitter and other forms to report on it others just reported with out mention as the ester date for something

In other words even when we know things we should be careful around here not to just say them because even tho we are a private selective community others do stay around to take and use plus some of us may lose some friends and contacts in the industry because of it

In any case we here know to take things with a lot of salt lol but click bait sites youtubers etc... Just want one thing so the story being fake don't even matter to them

Blobbers

Now this may be reaching, but the name Zoetis may even be a bit of a clue. Zoetis Inc is a a medical company that provides health care to animals. The Last Guardian is a story about a boy and a great big animal who, from what we saw during the initial reveal (and in the image above) is injured and goes on an adventure with the young boy. Coincidence? Maybe, but it’s worth thinking about.

rxjZ0FT.gif

DieH@rd

Banned
3. Quantic Dream's new project. These guys have sporadically shown up at the PS4 unveil and the following E3 2013. It's no secret Sony has a close relationship with them and it's been quite a few years since the release of Beyond: Two Souls.

Well, not really. Beyond Two Souls came out at the same time as Killzone Shadowfall, in late 2013. I see them starting their marketing campaign for "Singularity" at Paris Games Week 2015 [it makes sense that big French game would be debuted there], targeted for mid or late 2016 game launch.

thuway

Well, not really. Beyond Two Souls came out at the same time as Killzone Shadowfall, in late 2013. I see them starting their marketing campaign for "Singularity" at Paris Games Week 2015 [it makes sense that big French game would be debuted there], targeted for mid or late 2016 game launch.

Damn your right. That makes a ton of sense to debut it there. Also it could help punctuate that conference with one big AAA game reveal. So I guess Media Molecule will take their place :).

So is this safe to assume for new 1st Party announcements?:

1. Guerilla
2. Media Molecule
3. Sony Bend

Nah. Bend isn't a sure-fire reveal, for one. Last we heard, they only came out of pre-production not too long ago. Not to mention new IP. We have to be contextually aware that even though it's been long since Golden Abyss, they probably were stuck in development hell of cancelled Vita projects.

Media Molecule too, in the sense of "do you reveal the marquee studio project at the same time that you're still promoting another game coming out soon?"
For me, PGW is the perfect timing for MM's new IP. Get Tearaway shipped, then boom, out the gate, showcase what the main team has been working on for the past 5 years.

DieH@rd

Banned
So is this safe to assume for new 1st Party announcements?:

1. Guerilla
2. Media Molecule
3. Sony Bend

I would say they should leave Media Molecule for late 2015 at PSX where they use that game to better promote imminent arrival of Morpheus.

For this E3 they should unveil the big gun - Gran Turismo 7 [and Logitech wheel support :D ].

Andrew House looks so different in that video. Anyway, I'm not even sure if we'll like what we might see on The Last Guardian, but I never believed it was dead. I was pretty confident that it would resurface one day, but now that it might be this year, it's pretty crazy to think about.

bombshell

I would say they should leave Media Molecule for late 2015 at PSX where they use that game to better promote imminent arrival of Morpheus.

For this E3 they should unveil the big gun - Gran Turismo 7 [and Logitech wheel support :D ].

Aye, I can agree to the bolded.

thuway

GT6 came out not too long ago it might be a little optimistic to assume GT7 hits. Polyphony Digital time is on their timeline. Whatever Kaz may have said about them creating GT6 with future iterations in mind, I still believe they won't be ready before Fall of 2016 or even 2017.

I also think it's too early for Santa Monica to show off God of War.

le-seb

GT6 came out not too long ago it might be a little optimistic to assume GT7 hits. Polyphony Digital time is on their timeline. Whatever Kaz may have said about them creating GT6 with future iterations in mind, I still believe they will won't be ready before Fall of 2016 or even 2017.
Yeah, I'm with you here.

We know they're redesigning the UI and sound system.
I feel like it's still too early for the game to be shown at this E3.

Now, I wouldn't be surprised if at the end of the year, during PGW or PSX, they announce that GT7 is coming out next June or July, and that the usual GT Academy demo will run on the PS4.

Bousf

In other words even when we know things we should be careful around here not to just say them because even tho we are a private selective community others do stay around to take and use plus some of us may lose some friends and contacts in the industry because of it
Absolutely agree on this. You can't say something you know and state it as fact and expect everyone to shut up and not spread it. Even sites make articles from what people say here xD

Even if you choose to simply tease something you have to be careful, it can pretty easily get out of hand and escalate, just like this TLG rumor did, and that puts the 'insider' in a compromised position with the person he got the info from.

If I had contacts in the industry and access to information, I'd probably just keep it to myself and laugh at everyone getting their predictions wrong or at those being spot on without knowing it xD

ZarKryn7

I know I'm being vague, maybe selfish and really silly, but here's what I have to say.

I really, just want a conference that speaks to the PlayStation fans. The hardcore fans. And I want a conference to showcase to the new fans what we've experienced in the past PlayStation iterations. If there's a word I use to describe PlayStation, its variety.

We've seen rhythm based games, epic, adventure, cartoon style, quirky, emotional, beautiful, gruesome and many other kinds and types of games.

This is why I sticked with PlayStation. And I want them to take what they learned from gamescom and PSX, and apply it and maybe expand it from there.

I wanna see OLD franchises make a return or old skool styled at the least,(knack, in a visual sense, reminded me of spyro and crash, but gameplay wise it didn't.) But at the same time, I wanna see new franchises, new ideas, something fresh. That's all I ask.

Anyway, I'm done with my stupid speech.

I feel that if TLG does eventually get released it has no chance of living up to the ungodly levels of hype surrounding it, which is a shame.

Would love to be wrong though.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I'm honestly still waiting for my Beyond: Two Souls remaster. I pretty much wanted to wait it out and get the better version.

I'm still surprised that there hasn't been an announcement, even when we've had PS4 trophy lists pop out, and that was months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom