• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2015 Press Conference Dated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Everybody is so burned by false hopes, false predictions, false rumors, and false insider info, that everybody is downplaying the possibility of the game being shown for the first time. That's a good sign, right?

Javin98

Banned
GBI8PvV.gif
Dude, your GIF's are the best on GAF. I still remember The Lord Of The Rings one. Good times. XD

thuway

Everybody is so burned by false hopes, false predictions, false rumors, and false insider info, that everybody is downplaying the possibility of the game being shown for the first time. That's a good sign, right?

After PSX and watching the Final Fantasy VII announcement get me legit shook, I think it's a good thing we've all put on some level headed hats.

KAL2006

Banned
So is this safe to assume for new 1st Party announcements?:

1. Guerilla
2. Media Molecule
3. Sony Bend

Guerilla is a definite
Media Molecule I think they will wait until Tearaway releases
Bend had a few scrapped projects after Uncharted so it's too soon

I predict Guerilla Games, Gran Turismo 7, Level 5 JRPG. And some new indies.

After PSX and watching the Final Fantasy VII announcement get me legit shook, I think it's a good thing we've all put on some level headed hats.

PSX was just a test for the waters. Square was simply seeing what kind of reaction a FF7 Remake would have among the gaming community. Now that they know, they're preparing a announcement of an actual Final Fantasy 7 remake this e3. Why do you think we haven't even seen the PS4 port they promised? It's because that was never even the full goal.
If only this was true.

PSX was just a test for the waters. Square was simply seeing what kind of reaction a FF7 Remake would have among the gaming community. Now that they know, they're preparing a announcement of an actual Final Fantasy 7 remake this e3. Why do you think we haven't even seen the PS4 port they promised? It's because that was never even the full goal.
If only this was true.

"We're currently working on a full FFVII remake but, in the meantime, the port that we announced at PSX is available worldwide, right now.... and it's free to all PS+ subscribers."

thuway

If only this was true.

The PSX conference content wise was amazing. The list of games announced and developers there was an absolute smorgasboard. The problem was we were expecting CRAZY things. FFVII Remake? Shenmue III? Crash Bandicoot PS4? O-o

With those sorts of expectations its hard to imagine not being disappointed no matter what is shown. I think this E3 will be amazing, but it requires a person to be in the frame of mind to expect nothing.

I would kill for a 60 FPS 1080p Ni No Kuni PS4 version. Can someone make this happen O_O.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I still can't believe people actually thought that Crash was going to show up.

Hype does terrible things to people.

EDIT: Aw, I don't see my previous Ezio avatar in there :(

Boke1879

I just really hope nothing gets majorly spoiled for Sony this E3. I think this time everyone doesn't know what to expect thus expectations are in check. Could potentially walk away feeling very surprised.

I feel like for MS with the GoW leak we kinda already know what will be there barring some surprises and that's unfortunate.

if The Last Guardian is actually still alive in a meaningful way then it is probably a huge ass mess that either resembles an aged frankenstein's monster of the game you saw years ago stitched together with more modern stuff, or it'll resemble the $15 downloadable indie artsy sad titles that ate Team ICO's lunch in the last decade but Sony will hope that everyone is too hyped by it being alive to notice that because selling it as anything less than a $60 retail title after all these years would freak out fans

SDCowboy

if The Last Guardian is actually still alive in a meaningful way then it is probably a huge ass mess that either resembles an aged frankenstein's monster of the game you saw years ago stitched together with more modern stuff, or it'll resemble the $15 downloadable indie artsy sad titles that ate Team ICO's lunch in the last decade but Sony will hope that everyone is too hyped by it being alive to notice that because selling it as anything less than a $60 retail title after all these years would freak out fans

Or it could just be great, too. lol

The PSX conference content wise was amazing. The list of games announced and developers there was an absolute smorgasboard. The problem was we were expecting CRAZY things. FFVII Remake? Shenmue III? Crash Bandicoot PS4? O-o

With those sorts of expectations its hard to imagine not being disappointed no matter what is shown. I think this E3 will be amazing, but it requires a person to be in the frame of mind to expect nothing.

I would kill for a 60 FPS 1080p Ni No Kuni PS4 version. Can someone make this happen O_O.

If SFV wasn't leaked like it was, it would have been HUGE. I mean Street Fighter is one of the most beloved fighting franchises, and is basically the father of them all, and is coming off its best version yet in SSFIV. So yeah, it would have been huge. And it WAS huge, and awesome to see, but it was leaked pretty early. So people got the chance to start going, " well thats awesome and all ... but anything else? ". So that " anything else " took over the conversation over the already massive and unprecedented announcement leaked. Same thing with Project Beast. Was leaked so early, it gave people time to calm down over the megaton and then wonder about whats next.

I think the best show of 2014 was Gamescom. That show was littered with projects no one had heard of or even thought of. With people like Ancel coming out on stage to announce exclusive, ambitious projects. Had more from Rime and it brought The Tomorrow Children to the fold. Was an AMAZING show.

Hell they could fill E3 with tons more footage from the games just at Gamescom and I'd be insanely happy.

We can start updating this one soon.

s3L4bk9.gif

Hot damn thats awesome. Yangus needs a seat! Speaking of ... may need an avatar change soon ...

Yeesh. I thought it could turn out to be a charming, fun experience. I don't know what to believe anymore

Based on two games? What even is Team ICO anymore? If you think it's all the same people, you wouldn't be right.

2/2 son...and they are exceptional games with a style not seen in gaming. Team ICO is the team behind the games and yes hey are still at SCEJ. Only people noted to have left are 2 producers and Fumito Ueda who is still working on the game as a freelance.

I love ICO and Shadow of the Colossus.

And yet this is exactly how I see it. I'll be so surprised if it's something I want.

When The Last Guardian was announced, I was upset how derivative it was of their other two titles. I can't see how development hell, some salvaged project can improve on it. It'll be delivering on lip-service only.

Or it could just be great, too. lol

if The Last Guardian™ ever comes out, then I think there are like 1.5:1 odds that there will be at least one prominent review or editorial or thinkpiece that will say that the story about the birdthing or the boy dying made them feel absolutely nothing after they played [insert major storydriven indie title here]

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
if The Last Guardian™ ever comes out, then I think there are like 1.5:1 odds that there will be at least one prominent review or editorial or thinkpiece that will say that the story about the birdthing or the boy dying made them feel absolutely nothing after they played [insert major storydriven indie title here]

That probably happens with every game nowadays heh.

I love ICO and Shadow of the Colossus.

And yet this is exactly how I see it. I'll be so surprised if it's something I want.

When The Last Guardian was announced, I was upset how derivative it was of their other two titles. I can't see how development hell, some salvaged project can improve on it. It'll be delivering on lip-service only.

tumblr_lrjhiofp841r3opg1o1_250.gif

Salaadin

Based on two games? What even is Team ICO anymore? If you think it's all the same people, you wouldn't be right.

Its not that they just made two good games. They made two good games that many consider to be some of the best ever created. I know thats how I feel and thats why I have such high hopes for TLG.

I understand that its ridiculous to get hyped for it year after year but the past games mean so much to me that it is literally impossible for me to not get excited. It doesnt matter if we have rumors or leaks or anything beforehand. When I sit down to watch a conference or show, theres a small part of me that is ALWAYS hoping that TLG will be there.

AmanoBuff

If only this was true.

I'm pretty confident we will see this someday. But we well hear nothing about it until FFXV release and/if it proves to be a huge success.

We can start updating this one soon.

s3L4bk9.gif

I always wanted to be a part of this Theoden E3 gif. If you update it, I'd love a ticket pls.

thuway

I hate to agree, but you are right :(. It's hard to believe any one studio can match the expectations that have been lain out before the Last Guardian. It's like asking a studio to create the impact of Zelda 64 all over again.

If SFV wasn't leaked like it was, it would have been HUGE. I mean Street Fighter is one of the most beloved fighting franchises, and is basically the father of them all, and is coming off its best version yet in SSFIV. So yeah, it would have been huge. And it WAS huge, and awesome to see, but it was leaked pretty early. So people got the chance to start going, " well thats awesome and all ... but anything else? ". So that " anything else " took over the conversation over the already massive and unprecedented announcement leaked. Same thing with Project Beast. Was leaked so early, it gave people time to calm down over the megaton and then wonder about whats next.

I think the best show of 2014 was Gamescom. That show was littered with projects no one had heard of or even thought of. With people like Ancel coming out on stage to announce exclusive, ambitious projects. Had more from Rime and it brought The Tomorrow Children to the fold. Was an AMAZING show.

So much agreed with in this post.

pswii60

It may be shown but I'm struggling to be excited about a game that has been in development hell for a decade. I can't remember when a game turned out well after this situation.

I did adore both ICO and SotC though, but I also adored Duke Nukem 3D!

Salaadin

I hate to agree, but you are right :(. It's hard to believe any one studio can match the expectations that have been lain out before the Last Guardian. It's like asking a studio to create the impact of Zelda 64 all over again.

I feel like the reason TLG hasnt been shown yet is because of the insane hype around it. Whatever is shown is going to have to be perfect and, if they dont have perfect, they arent showing it.

Its not that they just made two good games. They made two good games that many consider to be some of the best ever created. I know thats how I feel and thats why I have such high hopes for TLG.

I understand that its ridiculous to get hyped for it year after year but the past games mean so much to me that it is literally impossible for me to not get excited. It doesnt matter if we have rumors or leaks or anything beforehand. When I sit down to watch a conference or show, theres a small part of me that is ALWAYS hoping that TLG will be there.

Why though? You don't even know what type of game it is. I don't think it even knew what type of game it was meant to be.

It's not on this site. It's on Eurogamer, part of a group called Team ICO Gamers. I have been posting there since 2007 on the subject of what comes next from Team ICO. I assure you, I am at least as qualified as you to comment on The Last Guardian.

2/2 son...and they are exceptional games with a style not seen in gaming. Team ICO is the team behind the games and yes hey are still at SCEJ. Only people noted to have left are 2 producers and Fumito Ueda who is still working on the game as a freelance.

A lot more than two people have left, and a lot more people have had their hands on TLG than ICO and Shadow combined.

As I said to the guy above, what game are you even excited for? The odds are stacked against this title. It's clear Ueda would have left if it weren't for contractual obligations, otherwise he'd still be an employee.

RexNovis

Banned
Since the topic of TLG has been drudged up again I'm just gonna quote my post from another thread about it's development

RexNovis said:
Nah. I can confirm TLG has had a troubled development path for sure. There has been a non trivial amount of outsourcing involved which is odd for a first party Sony title. But it is absolutely still in development.

to be clear I'm not claiming to be an insider with intimate knowledge but I heard this through the grapevine and have already discussed this with BishopTL a while back*

I have no idea whether or not it will be appearing at E3 but with the development it has endured its hardly something you should be hyping up beyond all logic or reason. Time to get real guys: this aint the same beloved focused and coherent Team Ico of SoTC acclaim. Keep those expectations in check and aligned with reality.

Also,
This is fantastic! DX12 at the end got me good.

" Team Ico " = team under Ueda

All of Team Ico is just another team within Sony Japan, or Japan Studios. The people who helped put together shadow of the colossus has worked on a number of other projects within Japan Studios since shadow of the colossus.

I doubt you walk into Japn Studio and they have a floor with a door leading into it with a Team Ico banner lol.

Its just whatever team is currently under Ueda at the time. Which has probably changed a dozen times since the game was announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom