• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Special Metal Gear Solid V: TPP stream announced for gamescom, hosted by Keighley

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJRB

Gold Member
mw4ZpfS.png

Haha, always one of the highlights.

R-User!

Don't worry, all is well. You're still accepted.

Cool, thanks!

Idea: Spell "MGS V" with our avatars, AND create images of Big Boss in the "M", Liquid as a kid in the "G", and either a big question mark image in the "S", or a Metal Gear image of Solid Snakes Codec avatar?

Might be hard to pull off and be discernible, but it would look cool I think.

Oh yeah, in the "V" we could put.....?

Palpable

I don't know if someone else took the reigns, but I live in Las Vegas, 4 hours away from L.A. so I would be down to print the picture and have it mailed to Tora. It shouldn't take long at all to get to him.

Also, another Idea: should the rear of the picture have a list of all the forum names of the avatars included? Kind of like a signature sheet.

Dawg

I don't know if someone else took the reigns, but I live in Las Vegas, 4 hours away from L.A. so I would be down to print the picture and have it mailed to Tora. It shouldn't take long at all to get to him.

Also, another Idea: should the rear of the picture have a list of all the forum names of the avatars included? Kind of like a signature sheet.

You have no idea how much that would help, Infinity Patriot. We'd have more time to make the picture as well :)

Palpable

You have no idea how much that would help, Infinity Patriot. We'd have more time to make the picture as well :)

Alright cool, I'll take printing duty then.

What we need to do is figure out a picture and then all agree on it. Strawpoll it if we have to. Then we need to figure out a size for said mosaic and also if we're going to have our names printed on the rear of the poster.

Dawg

Alright cool, I'll take printing duty then.

What we need to do is figure out a picture and then all agree on it. Strawpoll it if we have to. Then we need to figure out a size for said mosaic and also if we're going to have our names printed on the rear of the poster.

This was my exact idea. Try and find a couple of high res pictures (previous ones were 3-4k px) and then use strawpoll to settle things.

Palpable

This was my exact idea. Try and find a couple of high res pictures (previous ones were 3-4k px) and then use strawpoll to settle things.

I have plenty of MGS Shinkawa art in high res. I'll host them and post them here with a stawpoll. Give me a few minutes.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to use this post as a small F.A.Q so I can quote this to people who need more info.

What is this MGS-NeoGAF mosaic?

Well, all of this started when I won some tickets to attend the Metal Gear Solid V event near gamescom. This included a signing session with Hideo Kojima. Because I didn't really have anything special to get signed, MGS-GAF came together and created a pretty cool looking mosaic image in just a few hours To my surprise, once it was printed... a lot of people told me they didn't know we were doing this and kinda wish they could have been included.

So, what happened?

Unfortunately, the stream lasted longer than expected with the Q/A and Silent Hills bit. There was no time left for a signing session. Fortunately, Diamond Dawgs never give up and now we decided to simply send this to Kojima. Well, not straight to the man himself. ToraShiro will help us with this. It just needs to reach him before TGS and then we're fairly sure Kojima will get it!

What does this mean?

We could just send him the print(s) we already got, but I decided it would be a good opportunity to gather more NeoGAF users this time. More people, more avatars... an even better mosaic picture! We just want to give more people a chance to be included this time.

How do I participate?

Just fill in ths form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Hufdakz0o02Uy8RaJyXhZAwlbYIqYkNv1ToLKOH37HE/viewform

What will the final result look like?

This was the print we did earlier: http://i3.minus.com/i1znvpOsiLdAr.jpg

You know the lengths I'd go to in support of this venture.

alt-noscale.jpeg

WITH MY FLIES UNDONE, DAWG.

Dawg

Here are a few off the top of my head. Will these suffice?

HERE IS THE POLL!

Colors and GAF logos to be discussed later!

It's really late here, so I'll check everything tomorrow. That said, did you vote for #7? That one is only 900x900px at full size. That's quite small. The other pictures seem to be a tad better, but still on the low side of things. Resolution will be important because it has a big influence on the quality of the final picture. So the bigger you go, the better. Of course, it gets more difficult to find decent stuff at the really big sizes (up from 3000x3000). The one we used before was quite big and that's why the result was so good.

Also, I *think* we should wait until immortal-joe chimes in and gives his own opinion. Personally, I'd try and find bigger pictures, pick a few most people in this thread agree with and then make the poll once we know the size is OK for Joe.

I wish I knew how these guys got their art, I really liked this piece: http://www.metalgearsolid.be/images/a101215-mgs-portable-ops-big.jpg

Palpable

It's really late here, so I'll check everything tomorrow. That said, did you vote for #7? That one is only 900x900px at full size. That's quite small. The other pictures seem to be a tad better, but still on the low side of things. Resolution will be important because it has a big influence on the quality of the final picture. So the bigger you go, the better. Of course, it gets more difficult to find decent stuff at the really big sizes (up from 3000x3000). The one we used before was quite big and that's why the result was so good.

Also, I *think* we should wait until immortal-joe chimes in and gives his own opinion. Personally, I'd try and find bigger pictures, pick a few most people in this thread agree with and then make the poll once we know the size is OK for Joe.

I wish I knew how these guys got their art, I really liked this piece: http://www.metalgearsolid.be/images/a101215-mgs-portable-ops-big.jpg

Shit I didn't even notice the resolution on that one. I'll try and see if there is anything higher of it, or if Tora can provide us with one.

I've always loved the art in number 3 but will all that orange, it would just be Dawg's avatar over the whole thing. Although, he is basically our leader so maybe it's fair....

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Signed up!

Also, Paramedic's voice actress is in the live stream chat. :D

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
mgshypexnohy.png

S-Sn4ke_911?

lol no that's not me. I don't even visit 4chan. Why the fuck are people always acting like they are me on forums and twitch chats? wtf...

Edit: Oh and for the new MGS mosaic i would love it to be a MGSV related picture.

Palpable

Edit: Oh and for the new MGS mosaic i would love it to be a MGSV related picture.

I agree, but not a ton of MGSV related artworks have been released. I'd count that Big Boss pointing like uncle sam is V related. Just need a larger res version.

Also, we can use the old google doc for more avatars right? This new one not as many will see due to us not being able to make a new thread for it.

Palpable

Posting for new page:

I'm going to use this post as a small F.A.Q so I can quote this to people who need more info.

What is this MGS-NeoGAF mosaic?

Well, all of this started when I won some tickets to attend the Metal Gear Solid V event near gamescom. This included a signing session with Hideo Kojima. Because I didn't really have anything special to get signed, MGS-GAF came together and created a pretty cool looking mosaic image in just a few hours To my surprise, once it was printed... a lot of people told me they didn't know we were doing this and kinda wish they could have been included.

So, what happened?

Unfortunately, the stream lasted longer than expected with the Q/A and Silent Hills bit. There was no time left for a signing session. Fortunately, Diamond Dawgs never give up and now we decided to simply send this to Kojima. Well, not straight to the man himself. ToraShiro will help us with this. It just needs to reach him before TGS and then we're fairly sure Kojima will get it!

What does this mean?

We could just send him the print(s) we already got, but I decided it would be a good opportunity to gather more NeoGAF users this time. More people, more avatars... an even better mosaic picture! We just want to give more people a chance to be included this time.

How do I participate?

Just fill in ths form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Hufdakz0o02Uy8RaJyXhZAwlbYIqYkNv1ToLKOH37HE/viewform

What will the final result look like?

This was the print we did earlier: http://i3.minus.com/i1znvpOsiLdAr.jpg

Some choices for our new mosaic. Immortal-joe to make it and Infinity Patriot will be printing & sending it to Tora to be forwarded to Kojima.

MetalGearSolid2Sonso.jpg

MetalGearSolidHDColl.jpg

mgs2Snakecoverart.jpg

RX5WQv0.jpg

wallpaper236140.jpg

wallpaper769520.jpg

1396074467120.jpg

HERE IS THE POLL!

Colors and GAF logos to be discussed later!

I PM'd Tora about high res MGSV artworks. Hooefully he can provide us with some.

SJRB

Gold Member
Totally voted for #4.

It's Phantom Pain time, it should be Big Boss. And #4 is just freaking badass. The scar, the cigar. Veteran Big Boss, cool as fuck.

So, apparently someone (I guess, a mod) changed my avatar

from this:
image.php
to this:
image.php

And that's why I made a new avatar,

image.php

shouldn't be taken down.

So Dawg, I signed in again for the Mosaic. I actually thought the mods were ok with my previous avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom