• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Special Metal Gear Solid V: TPP stream announced for gamescom, hosted by Keighley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palpable

#7 is the popular choice so far. I agree, it should be an image of something from MGSV for our mosaic (#7 was drawn for recruiting KojiPro staff for V, so it counts!). Only problem is that we won't be able to use it unless Tora can provide us with a high resolution version. I haven't been able to find one online, but you guys are more than welcome to check.

Dawg

So, apparently someone (I guess, a mod) changed my avatar

from this:
image.php
to this:
image.php

And that's why I made a new avatar,

image.php

shouldn't be taken down.

So Dawg, I signed in again for the Mosaic. I actually thought the mods were ok with my previous avatar.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

You didn't have to sign in again, Psycho. I have your profile URL and that means I'll have your new avatar as well.

#7 is the popular choice so far. I agree, it should be an image of something from MGSV for our mosaic (#7 was drawn for recruiting KojiPro staff for V, so it counts!). Only problem is that we won't be able to use it unless Tora can provide us with a high resolution version. I haven't been able to find one online, but you guys are more than welcome to check.

Let me know if/when Tora responds. I'll go look for a couple of high-res MGS V pictures later today.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I find the 4th the best overall, especially since it's the only one which represents MGSV.

Well no, they used #7 to recruit people for MGSV.

AmOulFxCMAESWUO.png

#Team7

Hopefully Tora can hook us up with a higher-res quality version.

Dawg

This is what I found:

8556 × 3859 (holy shit, this is huge) This is actually big enough to just pick one of the three faces, cut it out and use it.

352630MetalGearSolidVGroundZeroes2014030614022.jpg

2400x3500

IgIb5oV.jpg

3500x2000

metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-galvez-wallpaper.jpg

So it looks like Stephanie Lemelin joined the MGSV cast early this year. I wonder who she will voice. Maybe a young Sniper Wolf? or a new character?

Stephanie-Lemelin.jpg

2014-08-2315_50_02-ste5kfo.png

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=15556

https://twitter.com/StephyLems/status/502925935968931840

This is the first time I see Kris Zimmerman. She doesn't get enough recognition for what she does. :)

I wonder whom Stephanie will be playing. She's a little old to be playing either kid Sniper Wolf or Naomi Hunter, considering they're doing performance capture (or is it just facial capture ?). But maybe it's actually not a problem, I don't know.

edit: Christ, I didn't even think about it, but I guess Paul Eiding should be in TPP, right ? Stephanie tweeted about him and he was in the video.

Betty

Banned
It's really dissapointing how they didn't bother to show any reflection oh him aging by 9 years. Especially since all the PP concept art like this:

Show him looking more like he should.

Well his body does undergo a severe change in that he loses a lot of weight and muscle mass, but the answer as to why he looks as good as he did 9 years ago is simple.

Some people age better than others.

Example

Kevin Bacon (27 on the left, 54 on the right - 27 year difference)
Kevin-Bacon_510x383.jpg

dc89

Just watching the trailers and wondering. Why does GZ Snake look exactly the same as PP Snake, apart from a few scars?

It's really dissapointing how they didn't bother to show any reflection oh him aging by 9 years. Especially since all the PP concept art like this:

Maybe it would take too long to redo all the assets. I dunno about you but I'd like this game before 2016 haha.
I honestly don't mind the fact he looks similar.

Raynes

Well his body does undergo a severe change in that he loses a lot of weight and muscle mass, but the answer as to why he looks as good as he did 9 years ago is simple.

Some people age better than others.

Example

Kevin Bacon (27 on the left, 54 on the right - 27 year difference)
Kevin-Bacon_510x383.jpg

He looks very different, wrinkles, thin skin, grey beard and receding hairline.
And BB looks more rugged in the concept art. There's not even a slight change to BB's character model. You can tell it's the same model just with scars slapped on.

Just watching the trailers and wondering. Why does GZ Snake look exactly the same as PP Snake, apart from a few scars?

Kinda disappointed by that too. Weird how he has a thinning, receding hairline and aged features in the artwork, yet he looks exactly the same as in GZ in-game, apart from the new hair, scars and dildo sticking out of his head. Maybe he'll age as the game progresses, ending up with him rocking the slicked back look?

big_boss.jpg

Also he has a normal ponytail in the artwork, but a different one in-game.

I dunno, I think he looks to have aged a little bit if you compare the final models.

As for why they haven't gone and made him gray, I suppose they wanted to avoid comparisons to Old Snake? Or maybe they're waiting so that when they jump forward to MSX era Big Boss he looks dramatically different.

Raynes

I dunno, I think he looks to have aged a little bit if you compare the final models.

As for why they haven't gone and made him gray, I suppose they wanted to avoid comparisons to Old Snake? Or maybe they're waiting so that when they jump forward to MSX era Big Boss he looks dramatically different.

Not seeing any difference. And you can clearly see his face is out of focus there.

I already had my avatar originally signed for the pic so, will I have to do it again or is it covered? haha

I should rephrase that I signed for the original picture and had my avatar on the picture that Kojima wasn't able to sign because of the conference being longer than expected.

Also, I voted for 2 as well.

His hair is literally an identical model except for at the back. But I think they made the model with TPP in mind, and didn't de-age it for GZ.

So, which one you liked the most MGS-GAF?

http://strawpoll.me/2405860

Oh Hai!

My thoughts on this operation thus far:

- If you listed your name in the previously shared list, you'll be in this mosaic as well.
- Of the artworks shared so far, I say we go with #3 above, or the one we already did (refined with more avatars)
- Will need a link to Dawg's new list to grab the avatars I don't already have (whenever you decide to close it)
- Final artwork will only be worked on once we definitively agree on an artwork
- Final files to be shared with Infinity Patriot
- Whats the final deadline??

But I think they made the model with TPP in mind, and didn't de-age it for GZ.
Yeah. For some reason, I've always assumed they started developing TPP first and then Ground Zeroes came up later. It would explain some of the decisions we've seen made, as well as the fact the stuff with Afghanistan/Africa and Diamond Dogs were the first stuff to leak out.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Oh Hai!

- If you listed your name in the previously shared list, you'll be in this mosaic as well.
- Of the artworks shared so far, I say we go with #3 above, or the one we already did (refined with more avatars)
- Will need a link to Dawg's new list to grab the avatars I don't already have (whenever you decide to close it)

#7 or riot, there is a reason we have a strawpoll. Seriously please use a MGSV releated pic and not MGS2 lol.

Ah nvm, sorry joe you're talking about the other 3 options.

Dawg

Oh Hai!

- Good idea, I didn't see the previous list so it's a good thing for people who entered that one and might miss this one.
- I chose #3 as well (I am assuming you meant the pic with three faces I shared)
- Will share the list I have, I still see a lot of people joining it so I'll probably wait a few days still. Nearly at 100 avatars now.
- Agreed
- Yep
- Not sure, Tora said he should get it before TGS. Because Infinity Patriot will do the printing, we have a looooooot more time to send it though.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I signed up on a that Google list link thing... Am I in? D:

Chinner

Banned
He looks very different, wrinkles, thin skin, grey beard and receding hairline.
And BB looks more rugged in the concept art. There's not even a slight change to BB's character model. You can tell it's the same model just with scars slapped on.

yeah i agree, a little disappointing there isnt any visible aging to his character over 9 years.

unless big boss is actually grey fox but with face surgery..... it all makes sense now.

SJRB

Gold Member
Anyone have a download link for the IGN video? Their web player is shit and I don't want to visit their site everytime.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Heeeeey

Where's the MGO reveal at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom