• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Special Metal Gear Solid V: TPP stream announced for gamescom, hosted by Keighley

Status
Not open for further replies.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
We need a big MGSVTPP anticipation thread with a dope ass OP.

mgs5bcdefk6u2t.gif

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I think that thread should be created after we get a solid release date.

Nah, we have hype threads for asscreed unity and other games so why not for MGSV? I mean we're still in a Gamescom thread, this is a derail fest now since the event is long over.

Nah, we have hype threads for asscreed unity and other games so why not for MGSV? I mean we're still in a Gamescom thread, this is a derail fest now since the event is long over.

I had no idea those kind of threads were created long before. Well, in that case, why not! The GZ Thread and OP was great, the same person should do the new one.

Dawg

I had no idea those kind of threads were created long before. Well, in that case, why not! The GZ Thread and OP was great, the same person should do the new one.

That was BurnOutBrighter. He's currently banned. For two weeks.

I know this because he asked me to post his Infamous: First Light OT :p

Nibel

Someone make that thread now.

Well, first off we should ask a nice mod if such a thread is possible. Remember: there is already a MGS community thread where similar discussions can take place.

Personally though I think that MGSV deserves its own thread just as Smash Bros. or others do, especially since Kojima uses Twitter a lot to tease stuff and fans themselves already unravel new things almost every day.

Sn4ke_911

Well, first off we should ask a nice mod if such a thread is possible. Remember: there is already a MGS community thread where similar discussions can take place.

Personally though I think that MGSV deserves its own thread just as Smash Bros. or others do, especially since Kojima uses Twitter a lot to tease stuff and fans themselves already unravel new things almost every day.

Well i see no reason why we can't have a MGSV hype thread. I understand why the Hayter thread got locked because it was more a poll thread without a poll with no discussion but a hype thread should be perfectly fine. As you said, same as the Unity, Destiny or Smash Bros thread.

Just get all the latest info, screenshots and trailers in it and we should be good to go.

I wonder what the tagline would be. This and GZ's tagline 'Kaz, I'm already a demo' were brilliant.

Probably too early for that, what if a new trailer has the perfect tagline for the OT.

OT's go live i think 1 week before the game releases so we have plenty of time left ;)

Probably too early for that, what if a new trailer has the perfect tagline for the OT. OT's go live i think 1 week before the game releases so we have plenty of time left ;)

Probably next trailer then, if we haven't already gotten a good one. :)

With GZ, there were those demo arguments and then that line from the E3 2013 trailer was perfect. Something creative like that.

But yeah, we need a hype thread. I think the Metal Gear Community Thread doesn't count since that belongs in the Gaming Community forum.

Dawg

The community thread does't count because it's about every MGS title in history, not just MGS V. And I don't like posting in this thread because... well... it's supposed to be just a thread about the stream.

Sn4ke_911

But yeah, we need a hype thread. I think the Metal Gear Community Thread doesn't count since that belongs in the Gaming Community forum.

Yeah i agree, we really do. So is anyone doing it? when i have to do it, it will be pretty basic meaning screenshots and trailers. I can't do any fancy banners or stuff like that :/

The community thread does't count because it's about every MGS title in history, not just MGS V. And I don't like posting in this thread because... well... it's supposed to be just a thread about the stream.

Same here. We need a MGSV only thread.

OP with 39 posts. oO

leuhkiktmk96.gif

atr0cious

Dawg, a poster robbed of his thread.

SJRB

Gold Member
If Kojima accepts our poster, nothing will be able stop me.

I'll make that thread. With or without approval. The world needs to know what Diamond Dawgs did.

I won't scatter your poster to the heartless sea. I will always be with you.

Has anyone tried the Big Boss burger at Burger King ? I'm driving there to try it before going to see Sin City. I'll give you some feedback on it later.

Sn4ke_911

Can anyone explain me why Big Boss has black hair in most of the art and in MGS V as well, but then he looks like an old fart with gray hair in GZ?

It's the lighting. Kojima explained it on twitter.

RK9039

Can anyone explain me why Big Boss has black hair in most of the art and in MGS V as well, but then he looks like an old fart with gray hair in GZ?

I think they said it's because of the lighting during that cutscene. They showed the same cutscene but during the day and he didn't have grey hair.

Dawg

Sn4ke_911

All right. Crazy how I think he looks older than TPP Big Boss just because of that lighting :p

Man i remember the crazy crazy theory talk we had here before Kojima revealed it. That was fun.

Dawg

Confused the hell out of me when it was revealed

Man i remember the crazy crazy theory talk we had here before Kojima revealed it. That was fun.

I wasn't part of Diamond Dawgs back then :(

I remember talking to Sn4ke_911 before this thread, he accused me of being a tag fisher in that off-topic mod thread and he's been my enemy ever since... well, until I started posting here.

RK9039

I think Big Boss should have looked a bit more older in TPP, Ocelot looks older than him now. In the hospital section that Kojima played at GDC it looks like he has grey hair. It's probably the lighting again.

He probably dyes his hair anyway.

Nibel

I wasn't part of Diamond Dawgs back then :(

I remember talking to Sn4ke_911 before this thread, he accused me of being a tag fisher in that off-topic mod thread and he's been my enemy ever since... well, until I started posting here.

And now you are diamond, Dawg. *salutes*

Sn4ke_911

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom