• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiderman (PS4 Exclusive) from Insomniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shin-Ra

I'm glad we're getting adult/veteran spider-man. But, I still think the outfit is ghastly and lack of a PC version is disappointing- for preservation and backwards compatibility more than anything else.
This line still cracks me up.

Well we got 2 facts to take into account regarding this matter...

1st: Marvel said officially that this new one and the future Spider-man games are exclusive to Playstation.

2nd: This game is published by Playstation/SIE. Don't expect this game on any other platform.

So exclusivity is still up in the air?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
The costume doesn't bother me even though I'm not really a fan. There will most likely be multiple costumes to pick from, including store exclusive preorder costume DLC because that's what gamers want.

Neoxon

Okay.... but you will put hot Ms. Marvel into the game, right????? Black Cat and Ms. Marvel, please! Toss the guys who want some fanservice a bone!
Wait, Ms. Marvel as in Kamala Khan or Ms. Marvel as in Carol Danvers? Because the latter goes by Captain Marvel, now. And while Kamala doesn't look bad, I'm not sure if she constitutes as hot. Cute maybe, but not hot.

Mediking

Wait, Ms. Marvel as in Kamala Khan or Ms. Marvel as in Carol Danvers? Because the latter goes by Captain Marvel, now.

The gorgeous Carol Danvers of course I wanna see sexy next gen Carol Danvers and Spidey team up. Or at least be a romantic option in the game.

Neoxon

The gorgeous Carol Danvers of course I wanna see sexy next gen Carol Danvers and Spidey team up. Or at least be a romantic option in the game.
Then yeah, you should probably refer to her as Captain Marvel to avoid confusion with the current Ms. Marvel. Also, Carol would more than likely look like this.

Captain-Marvel-4.png

She hasn't worn the black one-piece costume in years.

Neoxon

Neoxon... you're a great guy but THIS SHOULD BE CAROL'S DEFAULT OUTFIT:

latest

GO BIG OR GO HOME.
I mean, I love that costume just as much as you do. But given how the MCU is pushing for the Captain Marvel mentioned in my previous post, they're probably gonna sweep that suit under the rug (plus, as stated earlier, she hasn't worn that costume in years). And they aren't gonna call her Ms. Marvel anymore since that name is now taken by Kamala Khan (pictured below).

GBFZoyH.jpg

Mediking

I mean, I love that costume just as much as you do. But given how the MCU is pushing for the Captain Marvel mentioned in my previous post, they're probably gonna sweep that suit under the rug (plus, as stated earlier, she hasn't worn that costume in years). And they aren't gonna call her Ms. Marvel anymore since that name is now taken by Kamala Khan (pictured below).

latest

The only big way I would consider picking up this Spiderman PS4 game if it would have romantic interests/options of like Gwen Stacy, Mary Jane, Black Cat, and Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers).

But forget this if this is just another typical Spiderman story.

GO BIG OR GO HOME.

LET ME BE THE SPIDERMAN I WANNA BE.

Neoxon

The only big way I would consider picking up this Spider-Man PS4 game if it would have romantic interests/options of like Gwen Stacy, Mary Jane, Black Cat, and Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers).

But forget this if this is just another typical Spider-Man story.

GO BIG OR GO HOME.

LET ME BE THE SPIDER-MAN I WANNA BE.
But wouldn't Gwen already be dead during the events of this game?

Mediking

But wouldn't Gwen already be dead during the events of this game?

Ehhh.... good writing can address that. Maybe Spidey still holds her in his heart or maybe Gwen is still alive in some form. Just let a diehard Spidey fan be the Spidey he wanna be. Sprinkle some romance in this dang game or I'm outta here.

The white hands complaints baffle me.

It's what makes it stand out to me and not appear as some Halloween/pajama suit that a traditional spidey outfit can sometimes seem like when in a realistic medium.

The God

Bro there's no "Spidey universe", this ain't the movies. :p

But still, Spider-Man characters should make up the majority of the supporting cast. All I really want is at least an acknowledgement of other heroes and groups existing.

I definitely expect some cameos

When asked about whether Marvel's console games will have cross-overs and cameos like the films do, he states "The world's full of surprises. You never know."

curb

Banned
Ehhh.... good writing can address that. Maybe Spidey still holds her in his heart or maybe Gwen is still alive in some form. Just let a diehard Spidey fan be the Spidey he wanna be. Sprinkle some romance in this dang game or I'm outta here.

This is also a different universe than mainstream Marvel, is it not, Gwen doesn't necessarily have to be dead here.

more importantly are the webs gonna stick to buildings???

This is the real question we need answered.

Either way day zero.

Not played a good Slidey game since PS1 where we fought against Carnage and Venom at the end, plus all the bad ass Spidey alt costumes with different abilities.

Flame web costume ftw.

Mediking

Boy, it'd be great if we could keep all the "waifu" bullshit away from this game.

Yeah!!! Who cares if really good games can make romance gameplay options so good??? Let's just fight Shocker and Rhino and Venom for the millionth time!!! Generic Spiderman game, baby!!!!

21XX

Banned
Yeah!!! Who cares if really good games can make romance gameplay options so good??? Let's just fight Shocker and Rhino and Venom for the millionth time!!! Generic Spiderman game, baby!!!!

You're right. Can't wait for Black Cat, Mary Jane and the rest to be knock-kneed!!!! Weeaboo anime game, baby!!!!

Mass Effect and Fire Emblem does it well, ya know.
Completely disagree. It's terrible in FE. I'd rather we keep that stuff out of games that don't need it.

Exploring Peter's personal life sounds interesting but I hope it's not too big of a distraction over what I'm really here for.

Mediking

You're right. Can't wait for Black Cat, Mary Jane and the rest to be knock-kneed!!!! Weeaboo anime game, baby!!!!

Adding OPTIONAL romance options doesn't make it weeaboo. One of the big reasons why Mass Effect is huge is because of romance options. Heck, good ol' Fable: the Lost Chapters from Xbox really does optional romance good too.

I just don't want a Spiderman game doing nearly the exact same formula just on next gen.
Completely disagree. It's terrible in FE. I'd rather we keep that stuff out of games that don't need it.

Exploring Peter's personal life sounds interesting but I hope it's not too big of a distraction over what I'm really here for.

It'll prolly just be him struggling with having a job and being a superhero. He'll get yelled at by Jameson like always. I highly doubt we will see him have a identity crisis even though I really want a well written identity crisis moment in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom