• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiderman (PS4 Exclusive) from Insomniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

BokehKing

Banned
God you know what I would want more than a hyphen in the thread title?

The ability to swing through Brooklyn and Queens, let me swing from the Bronx to the Queens/Long Island border and I'll pay $100 for this game.

Greyvvolf

I'm always surprised at how fast they can make these cosplay suits without all of the details.
7F77F844-0798-46FB-B3EB-CF08B2297974_zpse7iicx3s.jpeg

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
Why is anyone even discussing cameos of Sucker Punch game characters in a PS exclusive Spider-Man (!) game made by Insomniac.

I ummmm... have to admit that I thought this was a Sucker Punch game for a week. It felt natural after Infamous. Then after reading it's Insomniac for the umpteenth time I realised that...oh, OOOOOHHH! I misread! The Ratchet & Clank guys. Doh! Stupid me.

So maaaybe that's where it comes from?

bunkitz

Here's to the Marvel games having the same quality as the MCU movies.

If this happens... what a time to be alive!

Long as we're not talking about the Thor films then I'm good.

Man, it looks damn good! I really hope we get this for the game. The more I see the suit the more I like it. Although, the dream is still the sexy-ass The Amazing Spider-Man 2 suit. Mmm, mmm, mmm.

I can't tell if there's any difference from the Civil War suit, though. I think, the lines on around his legs, maybe? Regardless, I'm happy with it as I don't want it changing.

KingParappa

Neo Member
Man, it looks damn good! I really hope we get this for the game. The more I see the suit the more I like it. Although, the dream is still the sexy-ass The Amazing Spider-Man 2 suit. Mmm, mmm, mmm.

I can't tell if there's any difference from the Civil War suit, though. I think, the lines on around his legs, maybe? Regardless, I'm happy with it as I don't want it changing.

It looks identical to the one in Civil War. Guess the sites are happy to see it actually on Holland and not CGI (minus that one scene in Civil War)

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I ummmm... have to admit that I thought this was a Sucker Punch game for a week. It felt natural after Infamous. Then after reading it's Insomniac for the umpteenth time I realised that...oh, OOOOOHHH! I misread! The Ratchet & Clank guys. Doh! Stupid me.

So maaaybe that's where it comes from?

Well, that at least explains it :)

Wollan

Started my re-watch of the original Spider-Man trilogy.

The film/video quality is noticeably old now. The Green Goblin suit is still as stupid as it was back in 2002. The CG effects were never really good (fake looking at premiere date).

But it's a Cool movie. I actually like that it sort of feels a bit outdated.

Will watch Spider-Man 2 and 3 soon enough.

bunkitz

It looks identical to the one in Civil War. Guess the sites are happy to see it actually on Holland and not CGI (minus that one scene in Civil War)

How much of it was CGI in Civil War anyway? I don't really bother with knowing CGI details and stuff, but I'm interested if it's Spider-Man, haha.
Man that's pretty sweet. Wouldn't mind a cartoon with that outfit

It actually reminds me of Spectacular Spider-Man, albeit less... stylized. Man, I miss Spectacular Spider-Man...

Ploid 3.0

Yeah the white spider looks good. Though I'm not a die hard Spider-Man fan so the Venom thing isn't tripping me up, or the legacy of the black spider logo isn't making me feel sad.

Also, man we talk about supermodels being photoshopped, but that movie Spider-man is going to be touched up from head to toe, every frame. The legs look weird with those plain black lines. It looks like there's going to be a lot of stuff done in post.

DKHF

Watching some videos of Spiderman 3 and ASM2 games and wow how did it take us this long to get a decent Spidey title?!
Activision. Thank god they're no longer involved.

Though to be fair they did give us Shattered Dimensions which was decent, but they then proceeded to milk the license with Beenox making progressively worse games yearly after that.

Flipyap

Watching some videos of Spiderman 3 and ASM2 games and wow how did it take us this long to get a decent Spidey title?!
Watch some Ultimate Spider-Man and Spider-Man: Web of Shadows videos instead.

Ultimate Spider-Man nailed the characterization and story, Web of Shadows finally got Spider-Gameplay right before Activision shut down Shaba games and threw away everything they achieved with that game.

I am kinda expecting some additional news out of San Diego comic con later this month
oooh...yeah that would be a good spot..might be too soon though we’ll see.

I’m eager to see Insomniac’s big game. Sunset just felt weird having to borrow an X1 just to play it, I can’t see this being a bad though with how fun travel was in Sunset. Insomniacs! I welcome you guys back to PS by pre-ordering this gem as soon as I can.

PS I know you never left just business stuff

bunkitz

Watch some Ultimate Spider-Man and Spider-Man: Web of Shadows videos instead.

Ultimate Spider-Man nailed the characterization and story, Web of Shadows finally got Spider-Gameplay right before Activision shut down Shaba games and threw away everything they achieved with that game.

I wish we could get combat that takes notes from the Arkham games, Web of Shadows, and may Shattered Dimensions too. The first two especially because the Free Flow Combat system is really fitting for a character like Spidey, and Web of Shadows really did well to let players properly experience Spidey's potential as a fighter. God, I loved using that Symbiote whip thing so much.
I am kinda expecting some additional news out of San Diego comic con later this month

Yeah, and it also sounded like Insomniac might be giving out some information every once in a while, so I wouldn't expect it to be like Andromeda or something, where we very rarely ever hear anything from the developers.

black070

I’m eager to see Insomniac’s big game. Sunset just felt weird having to borrow an X1 just to play it, I can’t see this being a bad though with how fun travel was in Sunset. Insomniacs! I welcome you guys back to PS by pre-ordering this gem as soon as I can.

PS I know you never left just business stuff

Sounds like someone slept on Ratchet & Clank. Jump on it my friend, you won't regret it.

Despite being super hyped by this and it being my game of show (even going out and buying Spidey 2 and 3 for the PS2 and 3 respectively), the more I watch the trailer (a lot), the more I start questioning gameplay.

Like flipping through the diner. Is that a QTE-fest or an auto-running sequence a la AC3 through windows? I hope not. If we're in control, what prompts the flips and why? Unless they're incorporating a parkour/trick system in the vain of Tony Hawk to make us want to jump and flip instead of running in a straight line?

Same with some of the close-ups, zooms, pans, and slow-mo during webslinging... I hope they have a hero shot mechanic for a photo mode or in game photo taking instead of just being used during cinematics and loading transitions mid-gameplay.

Basically, I need more footage!

I actually thought the combat in Web of shadows was very poor. It was just a lot of button mashing and kind of messy. The best part about it was Web strike but that made every battle just revolve around it at that point.

I feel like the only Spiderman game with decent combat is still Spiderman 2. Really felt like a precursor to the Batman Arkham gameplay of attack and dodge. Sure you could button mash early in the game but you were forced to use your webs, spider reflexes, Dodge and use combos later on in the game. Spiderman 3 on PS3 ruined that flow with its new setup for the combat and just made it entirely based around button mashing like God of War. Shattered Dimensions was fine as a beat em up but that's about it.

Ultimate Spiderman was very good but it was short lived and felt like a gimped Spiderman 2 gameplay wise. Web of shadows was okay at first but really goes into the deep end with its awful story, voice acting and derivative gameplay. Hoping this game takes more from Spiderman 2 more than anything else for now.

Best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom