• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike VGX 2013 |OT| DON'T BE CRANKY [Over]

Status
Not open for further replies.
me right now:

geeeofofofryfun.gif

Jason Schreier favorited this on Twitter and I couldn't agree more:

They were the worst pairing ever, Joel tried to approach it like an entertainment thing whereas like always Geoff treated it like business. He even said it straight out "we have business to do".

It was a piece of shit and at least the Odd Future guys saw it for what it was, a joke.

Banderas made me laugh. Well done Naughty Dog ^^

The show overall was quite weak imo. Liked seeing new stuff, but it all was so short. Presenter was more annoying then helpful and you could just read it of geoff's face from time to time. Not sure if he actually wrote the 'jokes' himself though, but sometimes he was just straight up rude to people, which was all on him.

This show made me a lot more interested in seeing more from Quantum Break/The Division and The Witcher 3 though. Also curious for more Titanfall gameplay, but too bad they had to push this music in between.

Having no real audience really hurt the show also. The silences (besides one person clapping) after an award/reveal really made it seem so amateurish.

Wow an actual comment devoid of hyperbole.

But you are right. I think last year was on the right track and could have gotten even better. I appreciated the scope of it so it didn't make it look so lackluster... Although I'm glad we got this one, it was something to see...

Wow. This song...

Goddamn I watched 'only' 1 and a half hours of it but... this is atrocious. I hope they don't do this again next year. And if they do, I hope they bring proper music to the event, and not... this stuff. Christ :|

yes... please lets see an award show with no diversity

but yeah, Geoff needs to teleprompt everyone once they get better telepromt writers

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The only thing i really hated about GTA V is the music, fucking hate it.

alterno69

Banned
For all those complaining about Joel, imagine this show without him, yeah. He's at least keeping it interesting cause so far it has been almost three fucking hours full of nothing.

I just wish they had something big to finish on, sadly its just some more Titanfall ain't it? Don't get me wrong I'm looking forward to it but would have liked a big surprise finish.

This preformance really feels out of place on a non-televised event. Shit, the entire show felt out of place. Terrible, terrible show. They've done better than this, and should've been able to not fuck this up.

ugoo18

Ugh Ali Bomaye....

This damm terrible song, of all the songs for the Game to do it had to be Ali freaking Bomaye one of his worst songs in recent memory.

I feel like im back in the sixth grade reading these anti hip hop posts. Lemme guess, ya'll like "all music but rap and country"
Nah I like country.

I also listen to hip-hop at times, was half-kidding with my previous post (I definitely don't get why how many shitty hip-hop songs top the charts and it does tend to sound like shit when performed live compared to studio recordings, but that's true for many other genres though), but loved the reactions! Especially the not liking hip hop = ignorance ones lol

Geoff: "So Sony you're going to come my event right?"

Sony: "Yes, Yes Of course"

Geoff: :D "Thanks" - leaves

Sony:
Shaking_head.gif

Note: Sony is not a real person but a representation of the company as a whole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom