• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT| Fresh Squids 2 Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJoRu

Waiting impatiently for Annie's store to have the Inkfall Shirt with a better primary ability than Respawn Punisher. I love that shirt, but why oh why did it have to be that ability included? :/

correojon

The ๖ۜBronx;245766538 said:
By calling out holier-than-thou advice for a problem that no one is complaining about. The literal basis for your post was to counter the complaints you saw here, but the advice you dispensed wasn't related to any of those actual issues.
We must be reading different topics because I see people complaining about bad teammates in Turf War all the time. But anyway, I just wanted to share something that helped me enjoy a lot the game, you're free to ignore the advice. The smartass comments however, you can keep them all to yourself.

Not sure about those so some questions:

- result screens, the first icon tells you how many inklings you hit, not killed?

- how does the final team % count works? I'm pretty sure it changed from Splatoon 1. No way it's the final picture at the end of the game (in free turf wars I mean).
It looks to me that's the total turf covered during all the game, not just the state of the map at the end of it.
First icon tells you how many kills you made, this includes ASSIST kills, which is probably why it may look like you killed more people than you thought you did. Whenever you see the Splat icon on an enemt dying but you don't see the credit on the bottom, it means you assisted with a kill for another team mate.

Final percentage is the same in Splet 1. You're weird.

correojon

First icon tells you how many kills you made, this includes ASSIST kills, which is probably why it may look like you killed more people than you thought you did. Whenever you see the Splat icon on an enemt dying but you don't see the credit on the bottom, it means you assisted with a kill for another team mate.

Final percentage is the same in Splet 1. You're weird.
I may not have understood this correctly, do you mean that the number of kills includes the number of assists? I thought it was just proper splats (not splats+assists) and the other number was just assists.

Patiently waiting for the app to stock the rainbow sneakers without ninja jump and the multi coloured jacket without cold blooded. I wish the shop items could overwrite currently owned ones, largest fear is seeing them in there with good perks as I already own them.

correojon

The ๖ۜBronx;245769588 said:
Patiently waiting for the app to stock the rainbow sneakers without ninja jump and the multi coloured jacket without cold blooded. I wish the shop items could overwrite currently owned ones, largest fear is seeing them in there with good perks as I already own them.
The app items do overwrite the ones you own, when you go to get them to Munch he'll ask if you want to keep the one you already own or overwrite it with the new one. The secondary skills will be emptied too, but you'll get the abbilitt chunks.

Doorman

I may not have understood this correctly, do you mean that the number of kills includes the number of assists? I thought it was just proper splats (not splats+assists) and the other number was just assists.
It depends on where you're viewing the scoreboard.

The one you see in-game at the end of every round lists splats+assists, and special uses. If you look into match stats on Splatnet 2 through the app, you'll see splats, (assists), deaths, and specials. AFAIK the kill count you see on the app doesn't include assists, since those are already separately listed there.

The music from this game has been stuck in my head for weeks.

CcO3bs2.gif

The app items do overwrite the ones you own, when you go to get them to Munch he'll ask if you want to keep the one you already own or overwrite it with the new one. The secondary skills will be emptied too, but you'll get the abbilitt chunks.

Yep, which I'm massively thankful for and why I'm hoping they'll appear there. My worry is them showing up with a different perk in the in-game shop, and that I wish there was a way for them to also overwrite (like the app, murch order and SR). Not meaning to be antagonistic in the wake of our last convo, just clarifying. Appreciate the advice, as its something that I didn't realise for a long time.

It does seem weird that there's only one way of getting gear that won't overwrite your existing ones though. Unsure of that purpose when the system is already there.

HeroR

Seems this game decided not to let me win the shipyard this round. At least five games my team was winning, then we blow it in the last 30 seconds. I mean, the other team suddenly get a jump in intelligence in just cover half the map in seconds.

Woe is me...going from lvl 210 in Salmon Run all the way down to 130 is so painful. Last night the team was destroying it! Not a single round lost, but today? Out of like an hour and a half of rounds only 3 wins...

correojon

The ๖ۜBronx;245770366 said:
Yep, which I'm massively thankful for and why I'm hoping they'll appear there. My worry is them showing up with a different perk in the in-game shop, and that I wish there was a way for them to also overwrite (like the app, murch order and SR). Not meaning to be antagonistic in the wake of our last convo, just clarifying. Appreciate the advice, as its something that I didn't realise for a long time.

It does seem weird that there's only one way of getting gear that won't overwrite your existing ones though. Unsure of that purpose when the system is already there.

If that happens you can also order it from someone you´ve played against, (or invite to a private match someone who has the gear with the perk you want). After the match he´ll appear next to the lobby entrance in the plaza and you can check his gear and order it, then pick it through Munch as usual. I think that not allowing the shop to overwrite items may be a way to prevent chunk farming, as you could level a 300p piece of gear to 3 stars, then buy them again through the shop and you´d get 3 abbility chunks having spent only 600p. And don´t worry about what happened, it´s in the past :)

13ruce

Banned
The music from this game has been stuck in my head for weeks.

CcO3bs2.gif

I downloaded all Squid Sister and Off the Hook songs to my mobile and listen to em while traveling, working out etc.

Will download some of the normal multiplayer songs from 1 and 2 later.

Splatoon's OST is GOD tier.

If that happens you can also order it from someone you´ve played against, (or invite to a private match someone who has the gear with the perk you want). After the match he´ll appear next to the lobby entrance in the plaza and you can check his gear and order it, then pick it through Munch as usual. I think that not allowing the shop to overwrite items may be a way to prevent chunk farming, as you could level a 300p piece of gear to 3 stars, then buy them again through the shop and you´d get 3 abbility chunks having spent only 600p. And don´t worry about what happened, it´s in the past :)

That's actually a great shout, though I thought that the shop stocks different pieces depending on your level. The only person I know IRL playing is still at level 10 (I'm currently 20). I have been keeping an eagle eye on people in the lobby.

Also a very salient point on the shop restriction, I hadn't thought of it from that perspective but it makes total sense. Thanks :)

Kills include assists, the second number is How many times you used your specials. You can probably go more in depth with what kills you did in the Splat Net app.

random25

I dunno what's with Salmon Run today and people can't put eggs in the basket. I got demoted for the first time in quite a while...

McArkus

If you have one particular outfit in mind you want to run, then choice c with the full spread is the way to go. Best chunk-economy which means any individual piece of gear is easier to replace in the long run. Even for splatfest, it's probably better to lose a negligible amount of everything rather than tank a whole ability stack, and with ability doubler on the splatfest shirt, you can still recoup some of that loss anyway.

Go for a. Always go for a. c is appealing in the short term but the lack of flexibility is likely to just cause a lot more grinding in the long run.

EDIT: Here's an example: As you become more advanced, you will recognize that there are certain rotations where RSU is legit, but you don't have it on your regular build. If you did A you can just swap out one of the three pieces. If you did C you gotta start over, ya know?

Thanks for the responses, for now will try to get enough equipment and chunks and start playing with builds.

The person with the laser sight just needs to get the fuck out of everyone else's way and let them deal with it; while the lasered-squid just puts the griller in a good position to be killed.
I hate it when the squid with the best weapon to deal with grillers fast is the one being targeted, depending on the load out and tide you are done for.

Haven't been able to get anything done in Salmon Run today. Just keep losing. Worse yet it isn't even the hard waves (I mean in terms of what bosses shows up). Everybody either ends up splated or we don't meet the quota. The current weapon set is good too. So it doesn't make any sense why it's going so badly.

I swear every time I play, it is either game after game of victories or game after game of absolutely getting destroyed. I just played like five games in a row where we were fighting for our own spawn point the whole match. One game had a level 35 player end the game with zero p, zero kills, and one super. Just, what!?

I'm trying to learn motion controls, since it seems like eveyone recommends them. I've been doing pretty well without, but I'm trying to improve my skill etc.,etc.

It's been...rough. I've got some somewhat better aim when actually hitting targets, but general turf inking feels far more difficult. Been practicing in Salmon Run and I'm definitely doing worse than usual most of the time.

Have a feeling just to give it up and go back to analog. I really, really wish the y-axis wasn't locked with motion control, since that seems to be throwing me off a lot. That way I could lower the motion sensitivity and just use it for fine aiming when I needed it.

How do you mean you feel you're turfing worse?

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Was killing it in Tower Control. We had the lead & played well until the last minute when two of my teammates were trying to be smart. The opposite team were on the tower in Sturgeon Shipyard, coming down from the left, yet my teammates were trying to cut the right side of the map... Why? We had to play defense! Lost our lead in the last 30 secs and the team eventually won in the last 10 secs or so. Had to put my Switch in sleep mode after that game lol.

Griss

What are the ranks in Salmon Run and when is it considered to get hard?

I'm at 'Overachiever' and I like the challenge right now - you win about 90% of the battles but there are plenty of hairy moments. Nothing better than getting the roller when the tide is in and just demolishing entire waves of fools and the team ending up with 32 orbs in a round. Or when you're sucking bad and your last team mate survives the last 10 seconds on his own. I'm really, really surprised how good this mode is. I've never played horde mode in any game before, I can see why it's popular now.

What 'pay raise' do you get for each level?

Maxinas

I'm at 'Overachiever' and I like the challenge right now - you win about 90% of the battles but there are plenty of hairy moments. Nothing better than getting the roller when the tide is in and just demolishing entire waves of fools and the team ending up with 32 orbs in a round. Or when you're sucking bad and your last team mate survives the last 10 seconds on his own. I'm really, really surprised how good this mode is. I've never played horde mode in any game before, I can see why it's popular now.

Wait till you become a Profreshional.

Doorman

I swear every time I play, it is either game after game of victories or game after game of absolutely getting destroyed. I just played like five games in a row where we were fighting for our own spawn point the whole match. One game had a level 35 player end the game with zero p, zero kills, and one super. Just, what!?
Anybody with zero points means that they disconnected at some point during the game. You were getting creamed because it was a 3v4 for most of the round.

Profreshional is where Salmon Run starts to get nuts, from about 170% and up.

Anybody with zero points means that they disconnected at some point during the game. You were getting creamed because it was a 3v4 for most of the round.

Ahh, I didn't realize that. I figured if they were all zeroes that obviously happened, but the fact they had used their super once I thought just meant they fucking sucked. I still don't really get how the scoring is displayed at the end.

Ahh, I didn't realize that. I figured if they were all zeroes that obviously happened, but the fact they had used their super once I thought just meant they fucking sucked. I still don't really get how the scoring is displayed at the end.

It's almost impossible to use a super with 0 points, because you need to get points to get your super.

I guess you could have Tenacity equipped and be AFK, then use your super and not actually hit the ground with it. But it's more likely that they disconnected.

whipihguh

Banned
How do you mean you feel you're turfing worse?

I mean I can't seem to cover as much territory as I usually could. I was finding myself pretty disoriented covering with the motion control, since I'm looking around much faster than I was previously.

That being said, I've improved on that since I've made that post, so it really is something I gotta get used to, I guess. Motion control is just taking more time for me to get used to than I had anticipated.

Certainly can't go back now, though! Pure analog feels way too clunky, lol

phanphare

Banned

if you play half a match and then disconnect it'll still show your score as 0p even though you could have gotten some splats and used your special

I mean I can't seem to cover as much territory as I usually could. I was finding myself pretty disoriented covering with the motion control, since I'm looking around much faster than I was previously.

That being said, I've improved on that since I've made that post, so it really is something I gotta get used to, I guess. Motion control is just taking more time for me to get used to than I had anticipated.

Certainly can't go back now, though! Pure analog feels way too clunky, lol

https://youtu.be/c0ep2tJk8f0
This might help.

Duffk1ng

Just lost profreshional rank thanks to 4 games on a row having a quitter.

Please perma ban them. Please. Ffs.

Edit: 5 quitters in a row.

Please ban them somehow Nintendo, I'm sick of it.

Just lost profreshional rank thanks to 4 games on a row having a quitter.

Please perma ban them. Please. Ffs.

Edit: 5 quitters in a row.

Please ban them somehow Nintendo, I'm sick of it.
Most likely people who got dropped because of connection issues.

Thank Nintendo for its shitty online. We've had threads about the subject.

Who is Judd?
The cat. When looking from the lobby door, on the right side of it.

Duffk1ng

Most likely people who got dropped because of connection issues.

Thank Nintendo for its shitty online. We've had threads about the subject.

The cat. When looking from the lobby door, on the right side of it.

Benefit of the doubt I guess.

It's fucking infuriating, especially because in the games where nobody quit I'm saddled with people who don't seem to know how it even works.

Like who the fuck runs at a pair of grillers, high tide, 3 seconds left and all teammates needing rez? I'd demote him to rank one for that.

Fucking god awful matchmaking. Been waiting for a fourth person for this SR game to start and no one has come in over two minutes, and the only option (quitting the game) means I'd have to sit through that ass opening, so I'm just stuck.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Just had my most pleasant SR game yet. Everyone knew their roles, what to do, how to communicate. It was great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom