• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILER ALERT: Halo 5 (Spoiler) Spoiler Thread of Spoilers Spoiler

mchiodo1

Neo Member
Someone on 4chan was posting screen caps and a video of a Chief / Locke fight where the end result is Chief 'wins' (ie. beats Locke and doesn't get shot) and then walks through a teleporter.

Thats been shown before, its from a trailer that was shown in select theatres

Deadly

What I'm left wondering now is, how does ONI tied into all of this? You'd think they'd have some kind of importance in the games, especially after Hunt the Truth.

maximrace

I think some of you guys are way overreacting. A 10line synopsis doesn't tell you anything about how good a 10h story is. I would suggest playing the game first before bashing 343

greenleafcm

Neo Member
Ok, now I FINALLY see why you're so mad. I agree, it would be better if the likeness of Cortana was used to deceive Chief. Still, it doesn't seem like the arc will be completed with Halo 5, so we wont learn the truth behind her reappearance for some time...
I'm sure there are plenty of people who won't care either way. But I like to know whether or not I can believe what I've been told about a product that could potentially cost me half a month's wages. There's a difference between keeping something a secret, and flat out lying. And what they said about 'Halo 5' was not remotely honest, no two ways about it.

NoBL3Z

The Domain contacting John-117 through the form of the deceased Cortana in 2558.

^ This is off the Domain's page on Halopedia. Like I thought, the Domain is portraying as Cortana to trick Chief, which also explains why Halsey stated its too dangerous and wants to manipulate Chief.

greenleafcm

Neo Member
The Domain contacting John-117 through the form of the deceased Cortana in 2558.

^ This is off the Domain's page on Halopedia. Like I thought, the Domain is portraying as Cortana to trick Chief, which also explains why Halsey stated its too dangerous and wants to manipulate Chief.
That's just a wiki page caption. It's not official, and they can't post leaked info. After the game comes out then they'll change it I'm sure.

NoBL3Z

That's just a wiki page caption. It's not official, and they can't post leaked info. After the game comes out then they'll change it I'm sure.

Well, considering we don't know HOW Cortana accessed the Domain, I'm beginning to have second thoughts about her actually being a villain. It could be the Domain posing as her.

greenleafcm

Neo Member
Well, considering we don't know HOW Cortana accessed the Domain, I'm beginning to have second thoughts about her actually being a villain. It could be the Domain posing as her.
Except everything we know about the end of the game asserts that this is Cortana. I'm betting the hows and whys will be at least partially explained in the next two issues of 'Halo: Escalation' while Halsey is at the Absolute Record. Which would explain the beginning of 'Halo 5' and how Halsey mentions she knows about Cortana and has been trying to warn the UNSC. Also note if this wasn't really Cortana, I think Halsey of all people would be able to tell.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
They probably should've just deep sixed Chief and Cortana at the same time in Halo 4, go out holding each other be all poetic an' shit. But an A.I gone bad storyline is lame as shit. Even unhinged hallucination Chief would've been better.

I agree with that. If they wanted to kill off Cortana or take the previous elements out of the story, Chief and Cortana should have went together. And then they could have made Halo 5 with this Locke guy as the new main dude or whatever he is supposed to be.

Or they could have just done a "their adventures will continue" thing and never really bought back Chief or Cortana for 4 at all.

Why are books super seceding video game console canon? The games should set the precedence, the books should expand on it not over take it and dictate what the game should do next.

Also agree with this.

Or they could have just done a "their adventures will continue" thing and never really bought back Chief or Cortana for 4 at all.
I honeslty think they should have done this. Chiefs story continuing has sorta ruined the finality of Halo 3 in my mind. I think they could have gone in really interesting directions if they focused on Arbiter and the covie civil war instead of Chief and Forerunners.

wuruochong

Neo Member
Except these statements weren't in response to a question. They were put forth independently by the devs in interviews and videos and such. There's many other ways they could have talked about 'Halo 5' without just spouting the exact opposite of the truth. Thats downright dishonest. In fact I am so glad I found these leaks before I went and picked up my LCE. Because according to everything I had heard from the devs, I was getting a story about Blue Team and how the Chief copes with loss. We now know that is simply not true. And to me the real story of this game absolutely does not justify a $250 investment of my hard-earned money. I understand they can't give away all the story details before release, but the level of deception in play here was unecessary.

I'm sure Hideo Kojima and his marketing team would like to have a word with you lol.

NoBL3Z

More proof my leak is legit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=TCJr531J0pA&t=1m17s&app=desktop

Pause the video at 1:17 (lol what are the odds). You can see art that goes along with what we know about Blue Team encountering Domain!Cortana.

Dude alright lol. We get it, you want your source to be right. But you don't have to keep pushin it in our face every time. But anyway, I saw that earlier and it looked like Cortana was in a physical form.

wuruochong

Neo Member
Dude alright lol. We get it, you want your source to be right. But you don't have to keep pushin it in our face every time. But anyway, I saw that earlier and it looked like Cortana was in a physical form.

Please no. Giving Cortana a physical body is the only way to make this story even more fan-fic.

Please no. Giving Cortana a physical body is the only way to make this story even more fan-fic.

She created a physical body at the end of Halo 4.

touch.jpg

greenleafcm

Neo Member

Not trying to "shove it in anyone's face". Just providing stuff to back up what I found out since some people are still unsure if it's real.

What? Why? No, it'd simply be just as bad, and break any sense of charm to their, and their fans' beloved AI mascot.

It would be worse for Halo because Cortana is more important to Halo than EDI was to Mass Effect. I rolled my eyes heavily when it happened in Mass Effect but then I moved on and never included her in my party anyway.

khaois

Banned
It would be worse for Halo because Cortana is more important to Halo than EDI was to Mass Effect. I rolled my eyes heavily when it happened in Mass Effect but then I moved on and never included her in my party anyway.

Honestly, I'm all for Cortana to get a body because it opens up the possibility that we could play as her. She's always stuck in Chief's head and we're always listening, but I'd love to be able to kick ass with Cortana just like we can with Blue Team now.

greenleafcm

Neo Member
Honestly, I'm all for Cortana to get a body because it opens up the possibility that we could play as her. She's always stuck in Chief's head and we're always listening, but I'd love to be able to kick ass with Cortana just like we can with Blue Team now.
...and how does that work with Cortana being evil and everything now?

Lol what the fuck is that suit?

Someone just post a video already.

People realized Cortana was nude all the time in Halo 4,since she was modeled after a real person and claimed she was superxualized and have "saggy" boobs due that Cortana got a "suit" in Halo 2 A to avoid more claims about cortana being sexualized and it looks like she got a full high tech suit for Halo 5. which makes me feel sab about Halo.

is that the Forerunner glyph for the Mantle?

Yep, Cortana learned to put accesories on her clotches.

greenleafcm

Neo Member
This is just....so bad. Oh my god I can't believe this is actually in the game....

What the hell is even happening to this franchise...

wwm0nkey

People realized Cortana was nude all the time in Halo 4,since she was modeled after a real person and claimed she was superxualized and have "saggy" boobs due that Cortana got a "suit" in Halo 2 A to avoid more claims about cortana being sexualized and it looks like she got a full high tech suit for Halo 5. which makes me feel sab about Halo.
The armor looks cool at least, but yeah I never saw Cortana as sexualized in any of the games.

This is just....so bad. Oh my god I can't believe this is actually in the game....

What the hell is even happening to this franchise...
I hated H4's story, but this doesn't really seem all that bad to me. I still have to play through it but for the most part I'm cool with it. Just wanted more Blue Team though.

The armor looks cool at least, but yeah I never saw Cortana as sexualized in any of the games.

I know but in Halo 4 her figure was more remarkable and you know, people can freak out easily about sexualization in these days.

Her new suit looks like a warframe suit and she looks more solid.

I'll admit, I actually really dig that look. The suit looks really, really good.

But I'm wary that if those leaks are true, then whatever aesthetic goodness they gave the suit might be undermined by the plot shenanigans.

Top Bottom