• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILER: Spoiler Metal Gear Solid V (TPS) Spoiler Thread (Contains Spoilers, Thanos).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I a bad person for thinking this is genuinely a well written entertaining story? I mean that piece of that sentence is fucking awesome and puts the tired premises of most western games to shame.

Keep in mind P.T is in MGSV (from the latest gameplay video), remember what the bag said: "The only me is me. Are you sure the only you is you?"

Kojima !!! Breaking the 4th wall this time will be over 90000000000000000000000000000 !

Venom Fox

Banned
You don't give up do you.

That image you posted looks like something made on 4chan... Which would explain alot.

Either way, looks like I was right. Nothing to do but wait until someone can actually confirm/deny.

link me to the deviantart the timeline came from or gtfo
It's funny how when one bit of evidence gets posted everybody accusing us of being angry (us who said it was fake) are now the ones being defensive and angry. Ask AAMARNO for the pic I don't have it.

The Sum of Zero

Gold Member
It's funny how when one bit of evidence gets posted everybody accusing us of being angry (us who said it was fake) are now the ones being defensive and angry. Ask AAMARNO for the pic I don't have it.

Being defensive? The only thing I've done is advocate waiting for more people to finish the game and report what they see, and calling you out on how much of an ass you've been in this thread.

But I suppose that's something a mod should do, which I am not. So I'm done here until someone else can corroborate either side of this debate.

Venom Fox

Banned
Being defensive? The only thing I've done is advocate waiting for more people to finish the game and report what they see, and calling you out on how much of an ass you've been in this thread.

But I suppose that's something a mod should do, which I am not. So I'm done here until someone else can corroborate either side of this debate.
Dude you just told me to provide proof or gtfo like your a mod. That is being defensive, more so than what me and others got called for before.

Nah, AAMARNO probably does.

Why?

So you didn't play all three endings then? Becuase people who played it at an event said the ending was removed due to spoilers. Even Greg Miller confirmed this as well as other members of press. Greg and a couple others got to take their copies home to see the ending. I'm not saying you didn't I just curious as to who's right and who's wrong.

The U.S. bootcamp had both press and YouTubers/influencers, where I was part of the former. My guess is that the removal of the ending only applied to the latter group. While we were all playing in the same large room, each group played in separate sections. I don't know how a retail disc (which is what I played on) could be modified to prevent me from seeing the ending. I also did not see any patches; it's been Version 01.00 this whole time.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Am I a bad person for thinking this is genuinely a well written entertaining story? I mean that piece of that sentence is fucking awesome and puts the tired premises of most western games to shame.
Premise, is different from execution, because when you get to the execution, it's pretty bad, especially the dialogue. Granted MGSV dialogue is an improvement, but not by much it seems.

Furyous

Was the rumor about Big Boss waking up two years into his coma true?

Are there any more locations besides Africa, Afghanistan, the hospital, and mother base?

Is it me or is the value proposition in this game off after the spoilers?

To reiterate:

3 (technically four but we cannot revisit the hospital afterwards) locations
12 cassette tapes
Bonus tech from fultoned Skullls.

=

$60

If this wasn't Kojima we'd vilify the producer of this game. Kojima gets a pass but damn if this value proposition does not seem off.......

The U.S. bootcamp had both press and YouTubers/influencers, where I was part of the former. My guess is that the removal of the ending only applied to the latter group. While we were all playing in the same large room, each group played in separate sections. I don't know how a retail disc (which is what I played on) could be modified to prevent me from seeing the ending. I also did not see any patches; it's been Version 01.00 this whole time.

Supposedly they're going to need to enable 'online' this Tuesday. Maybe through a patch? It's obvious things like 'Earning MB coins' is missing from the current retail version of the game, and enabling online servers wouldn't make 'MB coin rewards' appear on missions, I assume.(If what Ken said was true about being able to earn MB coins in game).

Venom Fox

Banned
Ah ok, but why remove the ending from someone who was sitting near you? Why not just have the ending in all copies? Did you see the part where it's revealed that venom controls outer heaven?

Are there any more locations besides Africa, Afghanistan, the hospital, and mother base?

To reiterate:

12 cassette tapes

=

$60

If this wasn't Kojima we'd vilify the producer of this game. Kojima gets a pass but damn if this value proposition does not seem off.......

TBH, I was really disappointed to know how few the locations are. Ok they are huge but not numerous which is a let down for me. Anyway I have to live with that.

KOMANI

KOMANI
I like how people are shitting on the location... In mgs3 we Had ONE location that featured different terrains... And guess what? There are no jungles in Soviet Union .
This time we have a whole continent to visit.

Adrian

Banned
Big Boss was always there

KaRkdOr.jpg

I like how people are shitting on the location... In mgs3 we Had ONE location that featured different terrains... And guess what? There are no jungles in Russia.

MGS3 takes place in Kazakhstan...

Wait, so the spoilers that are out and about may not actually be true? I was spoiled on twitch unfortunately (my fault) and would be extremely happy to know that whatever supposed spoilers being discussed in this thread may not be true.

Which of the spoilers are 100% confirmed? If any.

Ah ok, but why remove the ending from someone who was sitting near you? Why not just have the ending in all copies? Did you see the part where it's revealed that venom controls outer heaven?

It was a large room and the press' monitors were positioned in a way that the YouTubers would have to stand real close to see any details. I suppose the honor system was in place? Konami staff was present as well, not that they were watching everyone closely, more to help with FOB sessions and answer technical questions.

Side note: I have 81 cassettes so far.

Crossing Eden

To reiterate:

12 cassette tapes

=

$60

It's a huge open world game with 50 main missions that include boss fights, and 150 side missions. It's not like Afghan and Africa are small bases like GZ. And let's not forget that 360 nature of the missions, you still have an objective, but you can decide how to approach it. This game is absolutely worth the asking price.

Yasumi

Banned
You don't give up do you.

That image you posted looks like something made on 4chan... Which would explain alot.

Either way, looks like I was right. Nothing to do but wait until someone can actually confirm/deny.

link me to the deviantart the timeline came from or gtfo
They're saying the logo came from Deviantart, which is incredibly dumb, considering it came from MG1 (as if Kojima doesn't have a high res pic of it), and they're showing plot details from MG1 in the timeline screencap. The logo probably changes as it moves through the years.

Furyous

I like how people are shitting on the location... In mgs3 we Had ONE location that featured different terrains... And guess what? There are no jungles in Russia.

It's 2015 not 2004.... and the value proposition went up. This is the greatest solider in world history. We could have ops anywhere. Take us on a tour back through the virtous/operation snake eater mission locations years later. Investigate the remains of Camp Omega. There are tons of scenarios and locations to take Big Boss. Yes, I said Big Boss.

Like I said, Kojima gets a pass because this is him. Everyone else gets fried.

Are there any jungles in Kazakhstan? No, so the point still stands.

Jungles exist in Africa only. And yes, there are many lush forests in Kazakhstan: https://www.google.com/search?q=kaz...AYQ_AUoAWoVChMIp6a8pNHHxwIVCucaCh27eQ7x&dpr=1

Also we won't visit a whole continent like yous aid (Africa) in MGS5, the jungle part takes place in Rhodesia.

It's 2015 not 2004.... and the value proposition went up. This is the greatest solider in world history. We could have ops anywhere. Take us on a tour back through the virtous/operation snake eater mission locations years later. Investigate the remains of Camp Omega. There are tons of scenarios and locations to take Big Boss. Yes, I said Big Boss.

We could live with that at MGS3 because of the limited hardware and tech. Now devs can afford to have as many varied locations as possible: MGS4 multiple varied ones. Another big area in MGS5 wouldn't hurt the game I think.

My problem with only 2 locations is that they are so barren.
This isn't GTA or Arkham Knight with an intricately crafted city, its mostly generic nature which is easy to create but very bland after long periods.
Really feel like we needed a 3rd open world map preferably something snow themed.

This, we needed more variety.

TBH, I was really disappointed to know how few the locations are. Ok they are huge but not numerous which is a let down for me. Anyway I have to live with that.

This isn't GTA or Arkham Knight with an intricately crafted city, its mostly generic nature which is easy to create but very bland after long periods.
Really feel like we needed a 3rd open world map preferably something snow themed.

The Sum of Zero

Gold Member
They're saying the logo came from Deviantart, which is incredibly dumb, considering it came from MG1 (as if Kojima doesn't have a high res pic of it), and they're showing plot details from MG1 in the timeline screencap. The logo probably changes as it moves through the years.

Makes sense but it looks like the only thing to do now is wait for actual video evidence/more reports from people.

Mifec

It's a huge open world game with 50 main missions that include boss fights, and 150 side missions. It's not like Afghan and Africa are small bases like GZ. And let's not forget that 360 nature of the missions, you still have an objective, but you can decide how to approach it. This game is absolutely worth the asking price.

Ok Ubisoft Syndicate demo guy :p

KOMANI

KOMANI

Africa isn't small... And there's no reason for the game to take us no different places if much of the focus is in Africa. This was established within the metal gear lore.

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world

To reiterate:

12 cassette tapes

=

$60

A perfect example of why you can't judge something without context. And why spoilers suck.

That little equation of yours work much better once you figure out the amount of missions you can do, how much flora and fauna you can find, how many weapons and gadgets you can develop, etc. etc.

The game's massive. You'll be (re)playing this for ages.

As long as the level design mixes well with the game design, I don't give a piss where the venue is. Another section would be nice, but if the content is lovingly crafted and works together to avoid a weird disconnect between it and the gameplay, I'm on board.

Crossing Eden

The image from deviantart isn't even fan art. It's a traceover of the original MGS1 logo.

Ok Ubisoft Syndicate demo guy :p
Lol if you follow my post history dude, this is something i've been asking for in open world stealth games for awhile. Absolutely love the fact that it's the current trend instead of say GTAV or AC3's mission structure which is much more limiting.

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world

You've not played it.

There's a bit in Africa where you have to scale a mountain, only to be greeted by a beautiful forest, a waterfall and a gigantic mansion.

Every area has a variety of stunning locals.

To reiterate:

12 cassette tapes

=

$60

Yeah The Witcher 3 only had 3 main locations, 4 if you count the smallest one. Wasn't worth $60 either am I right?

Venom Fox

Banned
At first I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get Outer Heaven but I think the two locations are varied enough.

--R

Banned

To reiterate:

12 cassette tapes

=

$60

12 cassette tapes? What?

Mifec

The image from deviantart isn't even fan art. It's a traceover of the original MGS1 logo.

Lol if you follow my post history dude, this is something i've been asking for in open world stealth games for awhile. Absolutely love the fact that it's the current trend instead of say GTAV or AC3's mission structure which is much more limiting.

Just meant the term 360, that they used in that demo a lot. deffo wasn't meant as an insult.

Yeah I love the fact that the game offers a stunning amount of options, that's what makes open world games fun and offers replay value.

Crossing Eden

12 cassette tapes? What?
Yea that's even weirder, dude just said that he's collected over 80 cassette tapes so far.

Just meant the term 360, that they used in that demo a lot. deffo wasn't meant as an insult.

Yeah I love the fact that the game offers a stunning amount of options, that's what makes open world games fun and offers replay value.
Since the game is so generous with GMP, (dude found a diamond worth 100K in the fifth mission), you can seemingly start upgrading and researching stuff early. Most games don't open up that early.

Furyous

Yeah The Witcher 3 only had 3 main locations, 4 if you count the smallest one. Wasn't worth $60 either am I right?

This game does not compare to the Witcher 3. That's an awful comparison. By the way you forgot the DLC, which adds an expansion THE SIZE OF THE WITCHER 2. You know your comparison is completely wrong. This game isn't out yet but value proposition looks shaky at the moment.

---

I'll buy this game because it's Kojima's last Metal Gear game but anyone else is vilified for pulliing this crap.

200 missions or whateve is cool but TAKE ME TO MORE LOCATIONS. Konami could squeeze one more game in the series by crafting a story with a similar mechanic set in modern times with Raiden at the helm trying to build his own version of Mother Base. Modern times means modern weapons, modern communication, and modern facilities.

*EDIT*

reviewer above said 81 tapes and that's great so more value. Now we're getting somewhere. Hopefully there's more content hidden in the game as well.

Venom Fox

Banned
This game does not compare to the Witcher 3. That's an awful comparison. By the way you forgot the DLC, which adds an expansion THE SIZE OF THE WITCHER 2. You know your comparison is completely wrong. This game isn't out yet but value proposition looks shaky at the moment.

---

I'll buy this game because it's Kojima's last Metal Gear game but anyone else is vilified for pulliing this crap.

200 missions or whateve is cool but TAKE ME TO MORE LOCATIONS. Konami could squeeze one more game in the series by crafting a story with a similar mechanic set in modern times with Raiden at the helm trying to build his own version of Mother Base. Modern times means modern weapons, modern communication, and modern facilities.
So is rockstar vilified for it? Because the worlds Rockstar create are way beyond anything CDPR can dream of making.

convo

We seem to have hit the part of the sine curve of the thread where everyone is being dumb since no video evidence will be posted until release. Everything is as usual.

Mifec

Yea that's even weirder, dude just said that he's collected over 80 cassette tapes so far.

Since the game is so generous with GMP, (dude found a diamond worth 100K in the fifth mission), you can seemingly start upgrading and researching stuff early. Most games don't open up that early.

Not to mention extra staff from GZ OuO, can't wait.

So is rockstar vilified for it? Because the worlds Rockstar create are way beyond anything CDPR can dream of making.

I think it's time for you to go on my ignore list buddy, god bless.

---

*EDIT*

reviewer above said 81 tapes and that's great so more value. Now we're getting somewhere. Hopefully there's more content hidden in the game as well.
You realise my post was to highlight how dumb yours was, right? You want more locations for 60 bucks? The Witcher 3 came with the exact same amount of locations for 60. Also it's TWO pieces of DLC that stack up to that which will be $20 dollars. Meaning for $80 you get CONTENT the same as Thw Witcher 2. Nowhere do they say the new area is as big as The Witcher 2's, it's the content. Toussaint will be the size of Novigrad or maybe Skellige. In addition we do not yet know the DLC plans for MGSV so it is irrelevant.

Venom Fox

Banned
Not to mention extra staff from GZ OuO, can't wait.
I think it's time for you to go on my ignore list buddy, god bless.
lol really? Opinions what are they for? Opinions are different from people to people, there isn't a single thing on this earth that people share the same view and opinions of.
Rockstars attention to detail and variety within its worlds is in matched. What little details did CDPR up into TW3's world? It only felt like the environment was varied when you got into Skellige. Of course in Quest/Missions that's where Rockstar fall flat.
Oh and the wooded areas in TW3 were brilliantly done but other than that it just didn't feel varied enough for me.

Edit: but of course if I'm on your ignore list you won't learn how opinions can vary from person to person.

Furyous

GTA V is a iving breathing world and most importantly NOT A STEALTH ACTION GAME THAT GIVES US THREE LOCATIONS TO USE THE GREATEST SOLDIER IN WORLD HISTORY. Stop bringing up some of the best open world games in gaming history as examples.

TL;DR I'm disappointed because more locations were alluded to and not included in the final game. Then again if the huge spoiler is true it makes sense.

You realise my post was to highlight how dumb yours was, right? You want more locations for 60 bucks? The Witcher 3 came with the exact same amount of locations for 60. Also it's TWO pieces of DLC that stack up to that which will be $20 dollars. Meaning for $80 you get CONTENT the same as Thw Witcher 2. Nowhere do they say the new area is as big as The Witcher 2's, it's the content. Toussaint will be the size of Novigrad or maybe Skellige. In addition we do not yet know the DLC plans for MGSV so it is irrelevant.

It's dumb to demand more locations in a stealth action game? WAT? As of right now, this game gets a pass because it's Kojima's last game everyone else that does pulls this crap, especially given the secretive nature of around this entire game, is vilified. GTA V is an entirely different game so miss us with a comparison. The Witcher 3 is an entirely different game so miss us with the comparison.

--R

Banned
vilified for making a 30+ hour open world game with ~200 missions

it appears the carnival of stupid has arrived

Add the FOBs and, in a month (January for us, PC players) a multiplayer mode. Well, if this is not worth 60 bucks, I don't know what game is worth this price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom