• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILER: Spoiler Metal Gear Solid V (TPS) Spoiler Thread (Contains Spoilers, Thanos).

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let's sum the Metal Gear series: Big Boss sends himself (his clone Solid Snake) to fight himself (his impostor Venom Snake Ahab) in Outer Heaven, then himself (Solid Snake) fights himself (Liquid Snake).......till himself (Old Snake) was sent to recover himself (Solidus' corpse) and then Big Boss (or maybe his himself Ahab) dies in front of himself (Old Snake). So Metal gear has always been about Big Boss fighting himself.

vano89

Neo Member
Haha, the magazine I write for is Dutch, actually :) I currently live in Amsterdam.

A shortened version of the article can be found on our website...

http://www.pu.nl/artikelen/review/metal-gear-solid-5-the-phantom-pain-review/

... which probably is even more unintelligible for you, since, you know, it's in Dutch, haha.
Uhhh....

"REALISME" well "realism" I suppose

"PLAKKEN" ...next one?

"KNIPOOG" it's a vietnamese dish isn't it?

"TIJDLOOS" yeah... self explanatory!

"CONCLUSIE" conclusion! final thoughts! I'm getting good at dutch!

SCORE: 97

Great job, I really enjoyed reading it :D

convo

Basically everyone is Big Boss.

They all inherited the Will of Fire... I mean the will of The Boss.

It's no wonder the Patriots think they can shape anyone into the ultimate soldier with VR training. Now imagine that! Everything was a VR simulation again, now that would have just been sad. Thankfully it's all real and there is no way to avoid it's impact on the series now!

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
So let's sum the Metal Gear series: Big Boss sends himself (his clone Solid Snake) to fight himself (his impostor Venom Snake Ahab) in Outer Heaven, then himself (Solid Snake) fights himself (Liquid Snake).......till himself (Old Snake) was sent to recover himself (Solidus' corpse) and then Big Boss (or maybe his himself Ahab) dies in front of himself (Old Snake). So Metal gear has always been about Big Boss fighting himself.

v3q8oV0XlgcBonBS.jpg
v3q8oV0XlgcBonBS.jpg
v3q8oV0XlgcBonBS.jpg

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."

giphy.gif

Anyone else feel that Kojima shouldn't have fleshed out more of the story with Big Boss after MGS3? That one game was all that was really needed to show why Big Boss did what he did. Less is more.

But now Kojima had to get all weird and convoluted with it as he is wont to do.
All this extra shit after 3 was completely unnecessary

Venom Fox

Banned
1440615022616.png
I fucking knew that timeline was fake, it was made on deviant art.

I've said it before, but: guys. The leaks are real. I'm a reviewer and have played the game. They're real. So stop spoiling all of the neat touches for yourself. It's all pretty expertly realized.

Get out of this place and just enjoy the game for what it is: the GotY.
How do we know your not trolling, lying or mis informed when the evidence is right there to read? Where did you play MGSV? The review event or at home/office?

Mendrox

The community itself helps Kojima lol. How do we even know that one of the games that got posted is real? How do we even know that the game will really release next week? Or Kojima wasnt fired? That the doctor head thing wasnt real? That the guide leak was really a fake?

What is going on.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
So all the leaks and story stuff we have is fake?

Hrm.
Let's just recap, we have not only a guide with leaks, and multiple reviewers confirming them(after that 4chan pic was already posted btw), as well pictures never seen before that no one could possibly have unless they had a copy of the game. What do you think?

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
How do we know your not trolling, lying or mis informed when the evidence is right there to read? Where did you play MGSV? The review event or at home/office?

I've played the Afghanistan bits at their preview event in LA a few months ago.

Recently, I've played the entire game (including replaying said Afghanistan bit) at Konami's European office in Frankfurt.

Let's just recap, we have not only a guide with leaks, and multiple reviewers confirming them(after that 4chan pic was already posted btw), as well pictures never seen before that no one could possibly have unless they had a copy of the game. What do you think?

That nobody has any idea what the fuck is going on because all of the information has no context to it.

Crossing Eden

That nobody has any idea what the fuck is going on because all of the information has no context to it.
You mean besides the reviewers, (who're on the last page) who have already played the game confirming the validity of the leaks? Come on man.

See? This is why we need The Patriots.

They CREATE CONTEXT.

DAMN THE PATRIOTS

You mean besides the reviewers, (who're on the last page) who have already played the game confirming the validity of the leaks? Come on man.

I mean, saying 'You can control ST-84' doesn't explain the hows or whys nor provides context.(Was that leak true? I hope that one is true. I wanna ride Metal Gear for a ride)

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
So let's sum the Metal Gear series: Big Boss sends himself (his clone Solid Snake) to fight himself (his impostor Venom Snake Ahab)

Am I a bad person for thinking this is genuinely a well written entertaining story? I mean that piece of that sentence is fucking awesome and puts the tired premises of most western games to shame.

Crossing Eden

I mean, saying 'You can control ST-84' doesn't explain the hows or whys nor provides context.(Was that leak true? I hope that one is true. I wanna ride Metal Gear for a ride)
I'm pretty sure the st-84 being controlled but enemies are constantly on alert thing was fake, it was one of first "leaks" in this thread along with Paz being named Holly instead.

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
EDIT: I don't know who of the mods changed my profile's subtitle, but: thank you, hahaha! I genuinely LOL'd when I saw it :) I hope I get to keep it.

What if you and the leaker are AI made by the Patriots? What do you have to say for yourself? Do you need scissors, 61?!

We are all living inside of a simulation.

TURN THE CONSOLE OFF RIGHT NOW

I'm pretty sure the st-84 being controlled but enemies are constantly on alert thing was fake, it was one of first "leaks" in this thread along with Paz being named Holly instead.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Don't mind me I'm going to uh, cry.

Oh yeah, fake everything, from early access to the reviews, and in your spare time go on NeoGaf and Reddit and spread FAKE leaks...

They've already shown that they've been able to make various versions of the games-Versions where if you press start at the main menu and start a new game, it takes you straight to Afghanistan, versions without the ending, versions without online being enabled, and the so-called 'full' versions.

It'd be easy to do. 'Guys, this is my last MGS game. Do me one last favor....FAKE. EVERYTHING.'

But what if this being Kojima's last MG game and all the management problems going on at Konami have just been another lie? What if this game is a lead in to a Metal Gear 1/2 remake being directed by Kojima in 2017?

J-Rod

Is Solid in this game in at all (besides as a mgs1 skin or the like)? I've skipped around the thread, but am more confused than when I started.

vano89

Neo Member
They've already shown that they've been able to make various versions of the games-Versions where if you press start at the main menu and start a new game, it takes you straight to Afghanistan, versions without the ending, versions without online being enabled, and the so-called 'full' versions.
.... wait, are you being sarcastic or what? :D

i hope that the real spoilers come out and it turns out to be something even dumber than every fan theory and leak combined

or

there is no twist and it just ends with some anticlimactic thing where big boss goes back to america, fade to black, credits/completely known events in timeline roll

Can someone link me to the plugin or whatever that will allow me to hide this thread because I JUST CAN'T ANYMORE YOU GUYS. I feel like I never spoiled myself with all of this confusion and maybe I should just wait for the game :3

Crossing Eden

EDIT: I don't know who of the mods changed my profile's subtitle, but: thank you, hahaha! I genuinely LOL'd when I saw it :) I hope I get to keep it.
Man who sold the world.

Can someone link me to the plugin or whatever that will allow me to hide this thread because I JUST CAN'T ANYMORE YOU GUYS. I feel like I never spoiled myself with all of this confusion and maybe I should just wait for the game :3
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=944860

The Sum of Zero

Gold Member
1440615022616.png
I fucking knew that timeline was fake, it was made on deviant art.

You don't give up do you.

That image you posted looks like something made on 4chan... Which would explain alot.

Either way, looks like I was right. Nothing to do but wait until someone can actually confirm/deny.

link me to the deviantart the timeline came from or gtfo

Venom Fox

Banned
Do you have a link to that topic? I just want to see the one on deviant art.
Nah, AAMARNO probably does.
at least put that image in a quote like the last guy to post it did.
Why?
I've played the Afghanistan bits at their preview event in LA a few months ago.

Recently, I've played the entire game (including replaying said Afghanistan bit) at Konami's European office in Frankfurt.
So you didn't play all three endings then? Becuase people who played it at an event said the ending was removed due to spoilers. Even Greg Miller confirmed this as well as other members of press. Greg and a couple others got to take their copies home to see the ending. I'm not saying you didn't I just curious as to who's right and who's wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom