• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILER: Spoiler Metal Gear Solid V (TPS) Spoiler Thread (Contains Spoilers, Thanos).

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, in all of these spoilers, has anything been said about Chico? Did he just die in the explosion or something?

He's not, see the end of MGS4.

I know that, but the "two Big Bosses are as evil in both MG games" thing, doesn't connect that well with the events later imo.

Shauni

This is an assumption at your end. Please present hard factual spoilers to prove your point. :)

Honestly, people are making so much out of a fake timeline scene and an image which can be interpreted in a thousand different ways.

Sigh.

Lol, okay. I was just saying that's how it read to me. Are you and Venom Fox like the same person or something? This defensiveness is pretty weird to me. If the timeline is fake, it'll come out in the wash, but I think you guys are just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Erigu

And your answer makes zero sense. I respectfully disagree with that.
Okay. Lets assume that this picture is legit for a moment. Then can you please answer one simple question:
You apparently didn't understand my answer that "makes zero sense": even if some timeline is contradictory or nonsensical, that doesn't mean it's fake. Those are two different things altogether, and Kojima's track record in terms of consistency isn't exactly stellar, to put it mildly.

But for the sake of the discussion...
Why does the timeline explicitly state that Big Boss founded Outerheaven in 1995?
According to leaks, VS founds OH.
Please explain and tell me why this is not contradictory.
1) See above: it could indeed be a contradiction, and that wouldn't be a first in the series.
2) I find it strange that you doubt the screenshot but use another leak as evidence. Couldn't that other leak be inaccurate?

Venom Fox

Banned
Almost every post you've made since the timeline reveal has been super defensive and aggressive. At least, that's how they read, especially with threatening to contact mods on people and calling posts by others shit more or less.
Yes I was pissed off at first, multiple posts I made stated that fact. Threatening people with mods? One guy last night was basically just trolling to cause arguments and then sat back and watched it all. The guy before just posted some shit drive by post that didn't add to the discussion at hand.

What's your problem? Tell me what your problem is please.

You apparently didn't understand my answer that "makes zero sense": even if some timeline is contradictory or nonsensical, that doesn't mean it's fake. Those are two different things altogether, and Kojima's track record in terms of consistency isn't exactly stellar, to put it mildly.

1) See above: it could indeed be a contradiction, and that wouldn't be a first in the series.
2) I find it strange that you doubt the screenshot but use another leak as evidence. What if that other leak is inaccurate?

Ha ha! So now you are questioning thatbouk's leak yourself? There is no other leak. This entire thread and every thread on internet is based on thatbouk's source!

TenseRegalBluegill.gif

Shauni

Yes I was pissed off at first, multiple posts I made stated that fact. Threatening people with mods? One guy last night was basically just trolling to cause arguments and then sat back and watched it all. The guy before just posted some shit drive by post that didn't add to the discussion at hand.

What's your problem? Tell me what your problem is please.

I think it's pretty clear what my 'problem' is, but I think it's pretty obvious that you're either being overly obtuse or don't understand how your posting is coming off, so I'll leave it at that.

2) I find it strange that you doubt the screenshot but use another leak as evidence. Couldn't that other leak be inaccurate?

Assumptions and more assumptions. Give some hard answers dude!

Ifs and buts don't matter.

Not really the thread for this, but I've been thinking of canceling my Collector's Edition pre-order. Is there any real reason worth keeping it? I feel like what it comes with isn't really worth the extra $40

Lol, okay. I was just saying that's how it read to me. Are you and Venom Fox like the same person or something? This defensiveness is pretty weird to me. If the timeline is fake, it'll come out in the wash, but I think you guys are just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Same goes for you I suppose dear friend.

Ralemont

not me
Same goes for you I suppose dear friend.

Dude, we are just speculating based on the information - real or not - that's been provided. That's part of this being a pre-release spoiler thread. If new shit comes to light that exposes the old shit as fake, then we'll switch the conversation to the new shit. You've made your point that the timeline potentially contradicts info that was given in the same leak. Duly noted.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Thats a good way to chicken off comrade. But honestly, we will all know the truth in a few days.

Personal opinion: This VS leading Big Boss sounds even worse than the Gray Fox theory lol.

Maybe sooner than that. More copies are in the wild. It's only a matter of time before people get to Mission 48.

It could also be no one if he died in the heli crash.
Death has never stopped anyone from dying in Metal Gear. It merely means you're gonna make a comeback at some point.

The kid that died in that crash could have been Chico's twin brother Mico who was born from Paz after she was implanted with Chico replica DNA. The vagina bomb thrust the baby out and was rescued by Ocelot who raised him in secret.

Venom Fox

Banned
Right, let's just get this out in the open. My problem doesn't lie in the fact that there's a body double, I predicted months ago that I thought there would be a body double story line. I'll link my old post in a second.

My problem lies with the fact that:
1) If Thabtos source is correct then it retcons Big Boss as a character in later games.
2) It retcons Liquid, Solidus and Ocelot as characters because they all wanted to fulfil Big Boss's idea of OH.
3) It retcons MG1 BADLY.

Finally my problem lies in the inconsistencies in the timeline posted by Thabto. Fair enough past games have been inconsistent due to retcons, these however have been made clear for us to understand and follow. As far as I'm concerned Thabto's source and the guide made and published with Kojima's and Kojipro's guidance contradict each other to a point where some of you are defending an unproven source and not a 100% legit guide.

NeoGiff

What is it about (some) Metal Gear fans always getting confrontational and insulting other posters? Are you 12 years old? Grow up and theorize civilly.

Back on topic; I'm setting myself up for a major letdown. Sounds like Kojima jumped the Megalodon with TPO.

MAX PAYMENT

The medic dude spent 9 years undergoing metal gear space magic surgery and brain and memory sorcery.

So I think he can be as good as big boss

Erigu

Ha ha! So now you are questioning thatbouk's leak yourself?
I never assumed anything was true. Read again.
(but for the record: if I had to bet, I'd say that screenshot is legit, personally)

There is no other leak. This entire thread and every thread on internet is based on thatbouk's source!
Dude. That doesn't change anything to what I just said.
1) Sometimes, stories contradict themselves. Writers aren't perfect. So you can't claim some timeline is fake just because it seems contradictory.
2) This is leak vs. leak. You're absolutely free to doubt that screenshot is real, but to claim it's fake because another leak contradicts it doesn't make much sense to me. How do you know that second leak is accurate? Why aren't skeptical about that one as well? You're saying the source is the same in both cases? Well, your position actually makes even less sense, then: if you believe the source is willing to actually fake a screenshot... ^^;

Eh, I don't know, your defensiveness and drilling people like a lawyer comes off as more of a parody or something. If that's not how you mean, I dunno. You have a lot of passion, I guess.

I dont mean to be offensive. I am sorry if you felt that way.

At the end of the day, I am a voice in the community just like everyone. But you gotta admit, the leaks whether they are true or not, everyone must have felt a bit sad if these leaks turn out to be true. I mean everyone wants to play as BB.

The Sum of Zero

Gold Member
Almost every post you've made since the timeline reveal has been super defensive and aggressive. At least, that's how they read, especially with threatening to contact mods on people and calling posts by others shit more or less.

You forgot calling people schizophrenic.

On topic, it seems the game has indeed be released early, so we need only wait to see if the spoilers are indeed true or not.

Venom Fox

Banned
I think it's pretty clear what my 'problem' is, but I think it's pretty obvious that you're either being overly obtuse or don't understand how your posting is coming off, so I'll leave it at that.
There's nothing wrong with my posting, your clearly reading everything with an angry tone due to your need to defend everything posted by Thabto. The fact that you have now stated you have a problem with me is enough to tell me that your only intentions are to argue over something stupid. How could you have a problem with someone's posting style? Tbh that's a tad pathetic mate.

Look above, your now accusing another poster who coincidentally share a similar view to mine, of being offensive in his posts. You clearly lack reading comprehension skills.

What is it about (some) Metal Gear fans always getting confrontational and insulting other posters? Are you 12 years old? Grow up and theorize civilly.

Back on topic; I'm setting myself up for a major letdown. Sounds like Kojima jumped the Megalodon with TPO.
It's not just Metal Gear fans. It's fans of most media!

Anfang

Pretty much the same vibe everyone is getting.

I never assumed anything was true. Read again.
(but for the record: if I had to bet, I'd say that screenshot is legit, personally)

Dude. That doesn't change anything to what I just said.
1) Sometimes, stories contradict themselves. Writers aren't perfect. So you can't claim some timeline is fake just because it seems contradictory.
2) This is leak vs. leak. You're absolutely free to doubt that screenshot is real, but to claim it's fake because another leak contradicts it doesn't make much sense to me. How do you know that second leak is accurate? Why aren't skeptical about that one as well? You're saying the source is the same in both cases? Well, your position actually makes even less sense, then! ^^;

Okay comrade. Not here to debate with anyone. It's just that screen makes no sense to me. That is all!

Ralemont

not me
I dont mean to be offensive. I am sorry if you felt that way.

At the end of the day, I am a voice in the community just like everyone. But you gotta admit, the leaks whether they are true or not, everyone must have felt a bit sad if these leaks turn out to be true. I mean everyone wants to play as BB.

Not me, but I was never really attached to Big Boss in the first place. The concept of how this whole Venom Snake thing screws with player expectations and the player's role in MGSV is far more interesting to me than a third game playing as BB.

I was actually sad when I read someone say the story was straightforward. That was when I went "that doesn't sound like Metal Gear. :(".

Then this info started coming out and I got excited.

MAX PAYMENT

Eh, I don't know, your defensiveness and drilling people like a lawyer comes off as more of a parody or something. If that's not how you mean, I dunno. You have a lot of passion, I guess.

I've seen posts of your come across as aggressive before, too.

Let's all just hold hands and get along.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
The more I think about the twist, the more I like it. The entire series has been about living up to preconceived legends. Solid in MG1, Raiden in MGS2, and Big Boss in MGS3. Each of them were normal soldiers who were put in extraordinary situations and expected to become greater.

It would make perfect sense that we'd see a body double become "Big Boss," especially with all the soldiers backing him up and treating him like a legend. What I hope Ending 3 explains further, though, is why Big Boss became evil.

I'd always figured it was because of the conflict with Zero, and that he wasn't evil he was just on the other side of history, but it sounds like the battle with Zero might not even be a thing anymore.

Ralemont

not me
Hideo Kojima happened.

Yep. Damn good thing, too. With the disclaimer that I reserve the right to change this opinion depending how the game handles it.

But I've already seen people post quite a few things that foreshadow the twist within the game itself. So just putting aside how it factors into MG lore for a moment, it's very possible the twist is handled well from a storytelling perspective within MGSV itself.

theSecondAgent

Neo Member
It's weird because I just came from watching Gregg Millers review (awesome dude) and he says that "the story is just there". It's good, but there's no "Metal Gear moments". Doesn't the whole body double, or whatever, sound like a Metal Gear moment to you?

There again it's a spoiler free review, so it's impossible to really tell. I would think it would leave a bigger impact on a person who just witnessed it. It's even possible he hasn't seen that ending yet.

Ishida

Banned
The more I think about the twist, the more I like it. The entire series has been about living up to preconceived legends. Solid in MG1, Raiden in MGS2, and Big Boss in MGS3. Each of them were normal soldiers who were put in extraordinary situations and expected to become greater.

It would make perfect sense that we'd see a body double become "Big Boss," especially with all the soldiers backing him up and treating him like a legend. What I hope Ending 3 explains further, though, is why Big Boss became evil.

I'd always figured it was because of the conflict with Zero, and that he wasn't evil he was just on the other side of history, but it sounds like the battle with Zero might not even be a thing anymore.

I'm the opposite, because it completely breaks Snake Eater's message.

"People change along with the times"
"Yesterday's ally can be tomorrow's opposition"

This message not only was meant for the US and the Soviet Union, it also foreshadowed Big Boss' fall, his fight against the US and the support team becoming enemies of Big Boss. That's what MGS3 was all about.

Even MGS4 did not paint Big Boss as a good guy. It painted it as a regretful villain that at the end of his life acknowledges that he achieved nothing.

Salaadin

Look, here we go again with the whole "lol look at these guys" posts.

Seriously, everyone needs to chill the fuck out. People have the game, let them get to the end and then we'll see if these spoilers are indeed true or false.
I think it's wiser for us to just play it and see for ourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom