• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILER: Spoiler Metal Gear Solid V (TPS) Spoiler Thread (Contains Spoilers, Thanos).

Status
Not open for further replies.

thabtoUK

who knows?
MORE PROOF FROM MY SOURCE, THIS TIME OF ZERO'S FINAL VISIT TO BIG BOSS IN THE CYRPUS HOSPITAL!

H3kjKVe.jpg

xta2fhC.jpg

fOd8oEi.jpg

wq6AswD.jpg

3y5fV4k.jpg

lcalLJ1.jpg

MkdObvm.jpg

hlvVoa2.jpg

ZaEEusZ.jpg

LcUA0qu.jpg

UmU5j7D.jpg

tVs5QWM.jpg

This is a cassette tape log of Zero's visit to Big Boss and the Medic while they're comatose in the Cypriot hospital, where says his final goodbye, while also hinting at his plan to protect Big Boss and his infection by Skullface.

If you missed the updates on the real identities of Punished "Venom" Snake, Ishmael and how this effects the Metal Gear Solid lore and timeline, please click on the the link below:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=176569736&postcount=4355

Ralemont

not me
I'm the opposite, because it completely breaks Snake Eater's message.

"People change along with the times"
"Yesterday's ally can be tomorrow's opposition"

This message not only was meant for the US and the Soviet Union, it also foreshadowed Big Boss' fall, his fight against the US and the support team becoming enemies of Big Boss. That's what MGS3 was all about.

Weren't they always going to have to explain his return to FOXHOUND, though?

Even MGS4 did not paint Big Boss as a good guy. It painted it as a regretful villain that at the end of his life acknowledges that he achieved nothing.

I don't think this changes that in any way.

NoFoX

I get that week off work, i'm going to be doing some marathons all week of it. But, there is no way I would risk my stream of an early game.

It seems like a lot of these streamers are trying to use the ps4 streaming functions, and that is an easy way to get your stream banned quickly

I mean right now :D
I do also have 2 weeks off work for the game ^_^

SkylineRKR

There it is.

Which one is he? Zero can't even deduce which one is his friend.

It's weird because I just came from watching Gregg Millers review (awesome dude) and he says that "the story is just there". It's good, but there's no "Metal Gear moments". Doesn't the whole body double, or whatever, sound like a Metal Gear moment to you?

There again it's a spoiler free review, so it's impossible to really tell. I would think it would leave a bigger impact on a person who just witnessed it. It's even possible he hasn't seen that ending yet.

Well supposedly only mission 46 reveals it all, and that was locked away for reviewers afaik. If you don't check the spoilers and leaks thread and just play the game you probably never find out.

Kiefer said way back that MGSV has a cool secret.

RK9039

A FUCKING BODY DOUBLE

WTF MAN

I'm going install Mad Max first, I'm so mad right now. I could even eat a horse, that's how mad I am.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
MORE PROOF FROM MY SOURCE, THIS TIME OF ZERO'S FINAL VISIT TO BIG BOSS IN THE CYRPUS HOSPITAL!

H3kjKVe.jpg

xta2fhC.jpg

fOd8oEi.jpg

wq6AswD.jpg

3y5fV4k.jpg

lcalLJ1.jpg

MkdObvm.jpg

hlvVoa2.jpg

ZaEEusZ.jpg

LcUA0qu.jpg

UmU5j7D.jpg

tVs5QWM.jpg

Zero visits Big Boss and the Medic while they're comatose in the Cypriot hospital and says his final goodbye, while also hinting at his plan to protect Big Boss and his infection by Skullface.

If you missed the updates on the real identities of Punished "Venom" Snake, Ishmael and how this effects the Metal Gear Solid lore and timeline, please click on the the link below:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=4355

The spoiler I'm looking for now is...
did he update his system software
?

Venom Fox

Banned
I dunno, man...
lol I wasn't being angry, just stating that to me what you said didn't make an ounce of sense. You obviously clarified now :) (see look, I being nice, smiley faces and everything).
Look, here we go again with the whole "lol look at these guys" posts.

Seriously, everyone needs to chill the fuck out. People have the game, let them get to the end and then we'll see if these spoilers are indeed true or false.
How does what I posted make me sound like I need to "chill the fuck out"? I just meant, what's the point in coming in here if you have nothing to add to the discussion, posting shit like that and leaving? It seriously boggles my mind?

The Sum of Zero

Gold Member

H3kjKVe.jpg

xta2fhC.jpg

fOd8oEi.jpg

wq6AswD.jpg

3y5fV4k.jpg

lcalLJ1.jpg

MkdObvm.jpg

hlvVoa2.jpg

ZaEEusZ.jpg

LcUA0qu.jpg

UmU5j7D.jpg

tVs5QWM.jpg

Zero visits Big Boss and the Medic while they're comatose in the Cypriot hospital and says his final goodbye, while also hinting at his plan to protect Big Boss and his infection by Skullface.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=4355

RG0BS1U.gif

EDIT:
How does what I posted make me sound like I need to "chill the fuck out"?

I can't even.

And I'm obviously not the only one who thinks so.

EDIT2: You sure you're not mad?

Some junior in the Spoiler thread has been posting pics and story info from an anonymous source. A few of us think it's bullshit so I just wanted to know. I mean the pics have to be real but the story info doesn't add up one bit, he posts stuff that directly contradicts stuff he just leaked lmao. It's getting me mad to the point where I wanna crush his skull too. One other thing, it HAS to be press as well considering they've finished the game and have started a new game. How fucked up risking your job for a junior member lol.

And then being insulting like so:
You clearly have the reading comprehension of a five year old or have schizophrenia because I didn't say I'd PM a mod over the discussion of whether or not the leaks are true lol. I said I'd PM a mod because you just sit there and gloat with your stupid drive by posts.

DevilFox

Yeah I can't accept the twist. Big Boss was my favourite character of the saga, now he's a coward and half of his myth could be a lie. Kojima proves again to be the most overvalued writer in this industry, not shocked.

A FUCKING BODY DOUBLE

WTF MAN

I'm going install Mad Max first, I'm so mad right now. I could even eat a horse, that's how mad I am.

You feel it too, don't you?

SkylineRKR

This game pretty much re establishes Zero as the man he was in 3. Things got out of his hand as well, he was already clinically dead in the 80's.

Krabboss

And your answer makes zero sense. I respectfully disagree with that.

Okay. Lets assume that this picture is legit for a moment. Then can you please answer one simple question:

Why does the timeline explicitly state that Big Boss founded Outerheaven in 1995?

According to leaks, VS founds OH.

Please explain and tell me why this is not contradictory.

Because Venom Snake is Big Boss. He calls himself Big Boss. Everybody thinks he is Big Boss. Solid Snake defeats Big Boss. The line clarifies that it was BB's phantom right at the end of it. Your reading comprehension is just weak.

Shauni

That log is actually pretty great, I think. People can say whatever they will about Kojima's overzealous rectons and such, but I think he's always been really good at capturing those personal moments like that.

Garuda1One

56713543-7f47-47f4-9f7e-46202216686e.jpg

im at around 4 hours now, just got back from saving miller, run around in mother base, then do another mission to save a scientist..

and i dont know, i think im not playing as big boss.. its gotta be medic.. or is there something i missed in the prologue.. (dudee the prologue is some crazy shit !!) - ishmael somehow disappear when the ambulance crashed, at first i thought he was dead, shot by the chopper,,

oh well.. gotta play more to know more..

oh yea, apparently you can choose character before going out on a mission, i didnt know that ! ha ! probably because of the media blackout i was doing.. but hey, funny for a metal gear game to choose a character..

and i hope moby dick is zero..

Ishida

Banned
Because Venom Snake is Big Boss. He calls himself Big Boss. Everybody thinks he is Big Boss. Solid Snake defeats Big Boss. The line clarifies that it was BB's phantom right at the end of it. Your reading comprehension is just weak.

Venom Snake is not Big Boss. He is a body double.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
"Konami's evil! Kojima deserves better! But I will buy MGSV because it's what he'd want"
>Spoilers leak
"Konami should reboot MGS w/o Kojima and Kojima's a fraud"

This game is already worth it for the fan backlash. It's MGS2 all over again. I can't wait for the people actually waiting for the game to finish it.

Erigu

lol I wasn't being angry
Maybe not angry, no, but when your first reply to somebody contains the words "think before you talk", chances are it's going to sound unnecessarily aggressive (and considering you actually used the words "post nonsensical shite" instead of "talk"... well!).

RK9039

Yeah I can't accept the twist. Big Boss was my favourite character of the saga, now he's a coward and half of his myth could be a lie. Kojima proves again to be the most overvalued writer in this industry, not shocked.

You feel it too, don't you?

It's so funny because in the trailer it's like "The missing link that completes the saga!" (so amazing I can't wait), when really this entire thing raises more questions than it answers.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."

Actually. Let's think about this for a second.

If everyone calls him Big Boss, he's operating as Big Boss... by all accounts he is Big Boss. Say what you will about him not being Jack, but maybe Jack has transcended and is no longer using that title. It's been handed off.

Krabboss

Your reading comprehension is also weak.

I am aware of that. That should be clear because I said Solid Snake defeated BB's phantom.

Three or so people know VS isn't Big Boss. That means, for all intents and purposes, he is Big Boss. There are two Big Bosses now. They're both Big Boss. They are BOTH CALLED BIG BOSS. There's two.

T W O B I G B O S S E S

Shauni

Your reading comprehension is also weak.

I am aware of that. That should be clear because I said Solid Snake defeated BB's phantom.

Three or so people know VS isn't Big Boss. That means, for all intents and purposes, he is Big Boss. There are two Big Bosses now. They're both Big Boss. They are BOTH CALLED BIG BOSS. There's two.

T W O B I G B O S S E S

The Twin Bosses.

Venom Fox

Banned

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=176569736&postcount=4355
Can you ask the source to provide the full conversation?

vano89

Neo Member
So the real Big Boss was in coma when Phantom was "created"!!

He didn't have the choice, he just woke up and the body double was there.... so my theory now stands better!

Can I add something to the discussion here? I'm not so sure that the real BB is such a bad character after all.

Think about it: he is badly wounded after the helicopter explosion, so Zero, in name of their friendship (well they founded the Patriots together after all), saves him.
Skullface and XOF "rebellion" proves to be a great danger (he even infects Zero with the parasites...) so Ocelot, Zero and Kaz decide to "use" the medic that was on the chopper (badly wounded himself) as a body double for BB, knowing that he is the only one that has the influence to create a new army of mercenaries and fight the XOF.
He has a sort of "placebo" effect on the troups, I mean it's like having an army with Napoleon at its lead...

The real BB probably isn't so happy about it when he awakens from the coma but maybe he understands he is too important to risk his life (hell, Zero even makes sons and a clone from his DNA...) or, and I hope so, he is still in a bad shape when Phantom BB escapes from the hospital, so having a body double is the only way to have a "fighting" BB back on the field as soon as possible.

And about that pic of the real BB with Ocelot... yeah he looks healthy enough to take the place of his body double, but remember that we played at least 40 missions with Phantom BB when we discover this (it has been confirmed that you don't need to finish the game to see the "secret ending") so at least one year has passed (the dog goes from puppy to adult in this time) and you can easily imagine the risks of replacing someone after so much time!

Think about it: you create a body double of yourself and let him live your life (real life I mean) for an year, he does your job, hangs out with your friend, girlfriend and so on.. how can you imagine to know everything he did up to the single details? You can mistake a lot of things and so reveal that the guy they have been living with wasn't you in the end...

So real BB waits until Skullface and XOF are defeated to come back... but then MB gets infected and so Phantom has to kill everybody... and so becomes the "monster" that will create Outer Heaven in MG.
It's something that nobody expected and that's why real BB spares Phantom life (it would make sense to kill you body double if you plan to come back), he feels guilty for that poor medic...

It's all my idea of what could happen in the game, can't wait to see if I'm right or if BB is really a coward asshole as you guys think!

Ishida

Banned
Actually. Let's think about this for a second.

If everyone calls him Big Boss, he's operating as Big Boss... by all accounts he is Big Boss. Say what you will about him not being Jack, but maybe Jack has transcended and is no longer using that title. It's been handed off.

Was he given that title by the US president at the end of Snake Eater? Nope. Naked Snake did.

Venom Snake is a fake. The real Big Boss is Naked Snake.

So the real Big Boss was in coma when Phantom was "created"!!

Which now directly contradicts what Kojima said about Big Boss only being in a coma once.

Shauni

Was he given that title by the US president at the end of Snake Eater? Nope. Naked Snake did.

The world is not always so black and white, there's little difference between heroes and madmen.

Which now directly contradicts what Kojima said about Big Boss only being in a coma once.

Does it? Wasn't it only the english translation that said BB was in a coma during LET while the japanese one said it was done because he was infertile or something due to being present at Bikini Atoll?>

Krabboss

You are just saying what everybody knows. You are missing the point.

The two look and sound identical. Everybody believes both of them to be Big Boss. The two are active at different times, with VS being active during TPP and MG1 and NS being inactive from GZ all the way up until MG2.

They are both Big Boss. It is not incorrect to say Big Boss established Outer Heaven. VS continued to use the moniker after the events of TPP.

Deadly

With the recent pics, evidence seems pretty damning now... Question remains why would Zero send Quiet and etc. to kill them?

Kinda makes sense that Kaz splits from Venom Snake now but why would he call the BB in MG2 a 'monster'?

Ishida

Banned
Does it? Wasn't it only the english translation that said BB was in a coma during LET while the japanese one said it was done because he was infertile or something due to being present at Bikini Atoll?>

Kojima was asked in an interview about Big Boss being in a coma twice, because of what we see in the "Not your kind of people" trailer. Kojima said that Big Boss had only been in a coma once, and that this would be cleared during the game.

So now we have the coma in the early 70's from which Les Enfants Terribles were created. And now we have this new coma at the Cyprus hospital? So Kojima lied?

You are just saying what everybody knows. You are missing the point.

The two look and sound identical. Everybody believes both of them to be Big Boss. The two are active at different times, with VS being active during TPP and MG1 and NS being inactive from GZ all the way up until MG2.

They are both Big Boss. It is not incorrect to say Big Boss established Outer Heaven. VS continued to use the moniker after the events of TPP.

Except that only one of them was given that title by the US president. The other one is a fake.

NeoGiff

That Zero monologue is heartbreaking, but it does reestablish him as the caring Englishman he was in MGS3. This makes it even sadder when Big Boss ultimately kills him at the end of 4, after blaming him for things the Patriot AI did that were completely out of his control.

RK9039

TWO BIG BOSSES

WTF WAS KOJIMA SMOKING
Phantom ciger I'm guessing.

So now we have three Big Boss clones, one doppelganger (Liquid Ocelot) and two Big Bosses.

tDXwZIY.gif

Shauni

Kojima was asked in an interview about Big Boss being in a coma twice, because of what we see in the "Not your kind of people" trailer. Kojima said that Big Boss had only been in a coma once, and that this would be cleared during the game.

So now we have the coma in the early 70's from which Les Enfants Terribles were created. And now we have this new coma at the Cyprus hospital? So Kojima lied?

Except that only one of them was given that title by the US president. The other one is a fake.

Aren't those the same coma, though?

Krabboss

You cannot possibly be this obtuse. Are you performing a goof on me? This is a goof isn't it.

Oh, you.

Ishida

Banned
You cannot possibly be this obtuse. Are you performing a goof on me? This is a goof isn't it.

Oh, you.

What?

Big Boss is a title given by the US president.

Who received it? Naked Snake or the medic?

The medic is just impersonating the REAL Big Boss, you know, the man who actually earned the title?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom