• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Space Patrol Luluco Ep 3

WhOb.png

Yes this is quality, from the countdown sequence gags to the build up to launch only for
the lower section to go literally nowhere
I love the effort and attention to detail that went into animating and detailing that launch sequence. It looks like
Luluco's Mom
is going to be a very fun character.

This has bothered me from the start but is that cop's right hand throwing up the 'kancho' pose 24/7?

JulianImp

Another - Ep. 10
Are you kidding me? Are you fucking kidding me?
This whole time she could have figured out who the ghost is, but didn't for basically no reason?
This got to be the biggest Deus ex machina bullshit I have seen a quite some time and as it turns out, if was completely unnecessary,too.

Another - Ep 11-12
I take everything back, this is a comedic masterpiece.
Haven't laughed some much in a while.

Ok, now seriously, the show sucks hard and the entire middle part is boring and almost nothing important is happening.
I recommand watching the first 2 and the last 2 episodes for the hillarious death scenes.

I disagree. Another is a comedic masterpiece that has to be experienced in its entirety. And I don't even mean this ironically. I had a great time.
The blend of mystery, eerie atmosphere, 'slice of life' and ridiculous deaths (where many are also in the middle) is great.

I honestly agree with Szadek. The first part was Lynchesque suspense/horror, then the "twist" is revealed and it becomes little more than Final Destination for the rest of its run. The final reveal around Mei was a high point in the show's stupidity, indeed.

As far as comedic masterpieces go, I'd rather have had Another keep up being actually eerie and unnerving like in the first couple episodes than the not scary at all "people die in overly complex ways" thing it went on to do. It was only funny because of how stupid the deaths (and characters) were, and things only kept getting worse and worse as time went on until it eventually did an underflow in the very final arc (man, that pillar guy).

Another is just Blood-C with worse production values. Mayoiga doesn't have great production values either, but at least it ramps up the nonsensicality of the dialogue to compensate.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Luluco Episode 4:

The take away I got from this episode is that Lulu need a bit of thirst quencher in her life.

Narag

Concrete Revolutio 16

Good ep to followup the reveal of Rainbow Knight's secret and a great reality check for both the cast and the viewer that in a world where true divinity exists, superhumans don't far surpass the -human part of the term.

Cornbread78

Nagi no Asukara - END:
Ocu2Qn2.jpg
DcerzDV.jpg

OK, I now realize why people really like this so much. The artwork and the music, (both the musical score as well as the OP/ED) are absolutely beautiful until the very end of the show. I really liked the subtle changes to the OP as the 2nd season progressed along. It's been awhile since I actually got some feels from a series, but yeah, this one did it for me. It's that nagging and emotional tug-of-war that I want to beat the crap out of Okada for throughout this story. It drove me absolutely crazy through a lot of the series, but then as the tone shifts and things progress it becomes a much more emotionally mature story both in tone and with the characters. The theme comparisons with Clannad After Story are unmistakable towards the end, but again, it fits the story perfectly as things move along and we learnt more about the Sea God's story.

The ending. Yes
having Hikari x Manaka was awesome. Chisaki was happy (poor Muina at least that boy still likes her) and there is some hope for a Kanama x Saya ship as well (which I fully support) because unlike the others Kaname was almost always pretty much straight forward about his feelings and that scene
I mean, probably my favorite scene in the show was in regards to the non-canon ship that got really good development,
ph1UH79.gif

In retrospect, it was actually better development that the main ship, because there was an actually confession and acknowledgement in the end. I absolutely loved that scene... Ok, I'm done now. This anime takes awhile to truck through with a ton of peeks and valley's throughout. However, if you are able to look past some of the "angsty" teanage drama, there is a pretty good story to tell and can really give you the feels... I think I have recovered an hour or so later, but man, that ending was beautiful (maybe more so because my ship won the battle) and really gives you an emotional ride there! I need a smoke now.. Excellent, excellent, excellent

a8OPXIE.gif

Ushio to Tora - 30

Cool to see how stuff from even the earliest of episodes become relevant for the final battle. Also neat that abilities that were used against them is now under their control. They sure are building up for a grand final battle with all this support.
Tora looks silly with the armor, almost like some WoW epic mount. Nice to see a return with multiple creepy faces.

T-Rex.

Banned
Kabaneri 2

It's pretty much exactly what I was expecting. I like it, a lot. It's visually pleasing, the action's good, the characters seem pretty interesting, I can't really think of any negatives.

Ascheroth

Lulucop S2 Episode 1

My sides. The launch sequence killed me. And then the return plan. And the twist at the end. Hahaha.

Ushio to Tora #30

Double armor upgrade! Although Tora looks silly. Really liked how earlier stuff (sometimes reaaaally early stuff) shows up again and matters.
When Ushio and Tora reenacted their meeting scene it really showed how they changed. And it gave me real 'we're now starting the endgame, folks' vibes.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ushio and Tora Season 2, Episode 4:

I like the cut of Hakuman No Mono evil overlord jib as this is a creature that is intent on getting shit done and eliminating threats even while sleeping and he is quite unrelenting. Also, turns out turning yourself to stone has some drawbacks on the side of defense but as it turns out this was the forefront of the endgame power up and finally setting course on the final battle, which is actually still a bit in the distance if I remember the episode count correctly.

pbayne

Man fuck Nagi no Asukara for
putting Chisaki and Tsumugu together. Fuck that pairing and everything that went with it. Well at least i still got my fanfiction.

Ushio and Tora 30

The armor upgrade for Tora looks kind of goofy.

Luluco 04

Oh i love Armageddon.

I also love Space Captain Momlock.

kagewani s2 04

vucSP4K.jpg

S E K K O

Even though it was obvious I'm not sure I like Banba having his Kagewani stand and transformation. Feels kinda lame.

Cornbread78

Man fuck Nagi no Asukara for
putting Chisaki and Tsumugu together. Fuck that pairing and everything that went with it. Well at least i still got my fanfiction.

I was originally for Chisaki all the way, then that Saya scene removed any doubt of that they went in the right direction. What a well written scene..
Tsumugucan have her as long as we get to keep out Hikari x Manaka ship. I am a little pissed we couldn't get a formal confession, hug or kiss between those two, only that cute scene with then sitting a few feet apart looking at the sunset/rise
Funny how it matched the Clannad AS scene as well with Nagisa x Tomoya.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Happy Earth Day to everyone!

I recommend everyone watch a show called Arjuna, if you're in the US you can watch it over at www.hulu.com/arjuna.

It's a fun experience and maybe you'll care about this planet a little more in the process?

www.hulu.com/watch/579570 - skip to around 5:40 to understand what you're missing out on.

Thank you,
from a concerned citizen of this great planet.

dont eat sinburgers

Happy Earth Day to everyone!

I recommend everyone watch a show called Arjuna, if you're in the US you can watch it over at www.hulu.com/arjuna.

It's a fun experience and maybe you'll care about this planet a little more in the process?

www.hulu.com/watch/579570 - skip to around 5:40 to understand what you're missing out on.

Thank you,
from a concerned citizen of this great planet.

dont eat sinburgers

This is making me have flashbacks to the time Corvo watched this show and posted his impressions here.

Oh what a fun, fun time that was.

pbayne

I was originally for Chisaki all the way, then that Saya scene removed any doubt of that they went in the right direction. What a well written scene..
Tsumugucan have her as long as we get to keep out Hikari x Manaka ship. I am a little pissed we couldn't get a formal confession, hug or kiss between those two, only that cute scene with then sitting a few feet apart looking at the sunset/rise
Funny how it matched the Clannad AS scene as well with Nagisa x Tomoya.

Yeah i have no problem with Hikari and Manaka together, that feels right. But my problem with Chisaki and Tsumugu is 1, They have no chemistry together in the first half of the show. 2, The reasons they do get close mostly happen off screen, so we just have to shut up and accept that. And 3, It feels like Chisaki settles for Tsumugu since she knows she can't be with Hikari (and she missed the boat on best boy Kaname too). Thats really depressing if you think about it that way.

Cornbread78

Yeah i have no problem with Hikari and Manaka together, that feels right. But my problem with Chisaki and Tsumugu is 1, They have no chemistry together in the first half of the show. 2, The reasons they do get close mostly happen off screen, so we just have to shut up and accept that. And 3, It feels like Chisaki settles for Tsumugu since she knows she can't be with Hikari (and she missed the boat on best boy Kaname too). Thats really depressing if you think about it that way.

Yeah, I
can see your point in regards to them, but, it was mentioned several times about the 5 years they spent together and how close they got. Also, the scenes with them in the kitchen together and the "lonely housewife" stuff we're very strong hints that there was more there

JulianImp

Damn so much hate for Another.

That series was great!

I'd be interested in hearing what you think was great about it since, while I can appreciate so-bad-it's-good shows, I'm definitely not going to label them as being legit good. People dying in convoluted ways due to
a magical curse that works in the most convoluted and obtuse way itself
wasn't entertaining, and people constantly behaving in dumb ways for the sake of the plot was equally boring.

Seriously, the mystery being explained as
a curse that revived someone into a specific class in a specific school each year, warped the whole town's memories to make them think the person was still alive, and then began randomly killing people each month until the dead person was killed again
was the most stupid premise I've ever heard.

Just T

Netoge: 3

Ako and that wand smh.

Assassination Classroom 2nd Season Episode 15:

Nagisa with the combo. I like the new opening, going to miss the old one though, the ending too.

Ascheroth

Kagewani S2 #4

This season is a lot more Banba centered then the last one, which gives it a definite change in the kind of tension it creates. It's still very atmospheric and tense... but the creepy/horror aspect isn't that there.
It's still very good though.
Also it looks like it wasn't hunter girl last episode, but another hunter girl instead. Maybe we get to know a bit more a bit them (I forgot if it was covered in S1).

JoJo #4 #4

Worse Company, ahahaha.
This is so beautiful. We are not worthy. It also helps that I've completely forgotten about most things, which makes it almost feel like going into it blind!

Netoge 3

This sort of feels like a mix between Oreimo and Chuunibyo in that it's almost kind of trying to normalize eccentric, reality-rejecting behavior that may or may not be a result of trauma, or at least make it acceptable while maintaining a comedic exterior.

And that's goddamn boring! The heroine is a yandere. I want to see some deaths!

Netoge: 3

Ako and that wand smh.

Assassination Classroom 2nd Season Episode 15:

Nagisa with the combo. I like the new opening, going to miss the old one though, the ending too.

The opening tells a good story, but I dont think its a song I would want to play or have fun singing at karaoke, so I dont like it as much as the others.,

Eumi

The minute I saw a space pirate lady I thought "oh man I hope that's Luluco's mom" God I love this show, it's really making up for how much I'm not liking Kiznaiver.

pbayne

12-sai 3

I know what my weirdness with this show is now. The characters oscillate being acting their age(12) and then some times acting like a typical high school shoujo character it just feels odd. Plus the Galko type humor dosen't help that either lol.
Sickinly sweet episode though. Every five seconds was "ah" moment. I couldn't help but laugh at times at how hard and extreme it pushes shoujo tropes and moments. Yui and hiyama best couple just for how mad awkward they are together and it was nice to see them warm up to each as things went on.

Kanberi 2

The MC is surprisingly spiteful and mean spirited.
Not much to say it was an alright episode with some nice Mumei action.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Mayoiga 3
Lovepon the best for all the right and wrong reason. Each and every one of them is a goddamn lunatic. Also, Speedstar/Hayate is not a ghost/split personality, right?

Next episode, Yotsun drowning. If he's still alive, i'll be laughing my ass off.

jman2050

Space Patrol Luluco 4

Trigger you glorious bastards.

Luluco's mom would be the best character already if Midori weren't around

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond Is Unbreakable: Episode 4

Ah, there we go, the first interesting Stand fight of the season, took a few episodes to get here.

Luluco 4

Still not over Mayumi Shintani in this, and to echo darkside above, if you love her as Midori you will surely love her as Cindy Klein in Arjuna. Please check it out.

Diamond is Unbreakable 4

The episode during which I realise I've forgotten enough of DiU to be surprised, this time by an egg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom