• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT2| Justice is Over!

Looks like Crunchyroll is going to reveal some of their simulcasts tomorrow. Looking forward to what they are going to have (beside Berserk which is already confirmed).

Now that they've gotten on the production committee train with Luluco and Kiznaiver, I wonder if there are any anime airing this summer that they're also on the production committee for. Berserk seems likely, considering how early they've been promoting it.

Space Adventure Cobra 20-25
download_3.png

Cobra is skateboarding while doing this, just so you know.

This show consistently comes up with new interesting settings and enemies for Cobra to fight. An enemy that can detach her head to strangle Cobra with her hair, shootouts on the side of buildings with cyborgs that are rollerblading up and down it, sword fights with a species that are actually swords and control armor with their minds. Cobra, being Cobra, deftly handles it all, save for episode 25 where he skirts surprisingly close to death actually. (Though now that I think about it, he did have to be saved by Lady before early in the series.) I will say, I actually wasn't a fan of episode 24. It feels oddly out of place in this series. The whole adventure basically resolves itself with Cobra somewhat uncharacteristically just walking away from the whole thing. Cobra being his larger than life self is the main appeal of this show. (Well that, and the consistently impossibly attractive women.)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hundred-END
Well that was an interesting way to end the anime. At least it was at a good stopping get point and wasn't mid-arc or something super frustrating. Overall, the show was trash, but I'll put it under the "entertaing" trash category because the show managed to take your normal LN trash scenes and amplify them (see double booked grab/kiss to end an episode). We even had a effeminate boy/girl/princess
kissing scene
to end things on the perfect note..
I'm still thinking about the show after I watched the finale, and I still think that it's a special kind of achievement. Even the resolution is kind of amazing because it comes out of nowhere and basically rips off one of Evangelion's storylines.

Cornbread78

I'm still thinking about the show after I watched the finale, and I still think that it's a special kind of achievement. Even the resolution is kind of amazing because it comes out of nowhere and basically rips off one of Evangelion's storylines.

Hey, Hayato is there to calm the inner rage and
Liza is there to love him in her spiritual form
what was that? LIMIT BREATH!

Wait, there was no clapping circle and "congratulations"

Mokoi

Banned
Okada Gundam 03

That cold-blooded, glorious payback execution-style... So good.

Kudelia figeting like a tsun there, LOL
its goes tumbling downhill from here. Strong start with shit spread all around going forward. IBO was okay when it wasn't trying to get political and just focused on what made it good. Wish the show didn't have so much quality. Have fun I did look forward to each new ep on sunday tho.

Line_HTX

its goes tumbling downhill from here. Strong start with shit spread all around going forward. IBO was okay when it wasn't trying to get political and just focused on what made it good. Wish the show didn't have so much quality. Have fun I did look forward to each new ep on sunday tho.

Oh, I was watching it on Toonami since they just started airing it. I know I'm going to expect stupid shit, so I'm just going to go along for the ride.

Plus, I like the asshole tone of JYB, haha

Cornbread78

Cerberus ep.12
Oh man, Narag's mofu is passed, I mean, big-time pissed! I actually can't wait until next week to see how they completely wreck this piece of crap bad guy. I thought he would be a terrible antagonist at the beginning, but his assholeness jumped a whole new level this week, so I can approve of him now. No BS bad guy luck, just straight evil intentions... Go get him crew!

Game of Thrones Season 6 Episode 9

So this is what $10M looks like. Holy fucking moly. The direction. The choreography. The balancing of the fire and ice themes spread across the colours and tone across the two major locations... You all can shit on GoT all you want, this episode right here was a solid 10/10. A masterpiece.I'll be surprised if the show ever manages to have an episode as great as this one.

Cornbread78

Game of Thrones Season 6 Episode 9

So this is what $10M looks like. Holy fucking moly. The direction. The choreography. The balancing of the fire and ice themes spread across the colours and tone across the two major locations... You all can shit on GoT all you want, this episode right here was a solid 10/10. A masterpiece.I'll be surprised if the show ever manages to have an episode as great as this one.

Umm, this isn't the GoT thread though, lol.

Proof, we can never get enough fantasy based anime!

blurr

Haven't you watched Shirobako? ;p

They're the ones funding the anime and getting all the rights (and profits) to video/goods/music/etc.

Can read this article too:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2012-03-05

I don't remember where in the show they talked about that. I was very focused on making part lol

In simple terms, the production committee are the companies investing money into the creation of the anime. In return, they get a share of whatever revenue the anime makes (as well as a certain amount of creative control over the anime).

Oh alright.

How do they suffer a loss, though? Surely they break even despite not sharing in the profit? Aren't they paid for their work?

This was going to be my next question.

Actas was paid upfront a flat fee for the animation, and they went over that amount during production of the film.

Thanks!

Baalzebup

He's a mute white wolf with red eyes.

Here is Tyrion

Qx4L3Bu.jpg

Well, that certainly looks more like the Tyrion in the books. Dude is supposed to be quite gnarly even before the literal hack-job on his face during the siege of Kings Landing. All glory to Dinklage for his role thought, even if he is too pretty.

Russ T

Banned
Well, that certainly looks more like the Tyrion in the books. Dude is supposed to be quite gnarly even before the literal hack-job on his face during the siege of Kings Landing. All glory to Dinklage for his role thought, even if he is too pretty.

yeah, no shade intended for dinklage, but the tyrion described in the books is goddamn ugly, dinklage way too handsome for that shit

i actually really like the japanese cover art for game of thrones books

they do a lot of western fantasy book covers real good-like

Taruranto

Does Jiro's origin even count as a "twist"? It had been the most likely possibility ever since they revealed
that he was a baby found in the middle of a small crater in Hiroshima, and that was back in season 1.

Tbh I didn't remember that, but even so
I don't think it said anything about Jiro's relationship with the bomb.

Also, speaking about the bomb, I'm not sure why
it mattered that Hiroshima bomb didn't go off. What happened to Nagasaki one? But anyway, even if the bombs didn't go off, I don't understand why it would make a difference in whatever America would pursue nuclear energy or not, the first atomic tests were done on their own soil anyway.

The whole "energy crisis" plotline feel pretty contrived.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Bartz of the New Sun
japanese_book_of_the_new_sun.jpg

Kira of the New Sun
619pMS3TFnL._SS500_.jpg

Narag

Cerberus 12

Nambuuko is a fucking dick. Pretty good penultimate episode too. It's as if they stole it from a better show.

ctvA8s1.jpg

Oh that's right. No more Hundred. I'll have to make due with shitty anime about like bullies and deaf girls that are going to be emotional with great visuals or some shit.

But where are the childhood friends who shove their tongues down their throat? What's the point of anything.

Cornbread78

Oh that's right. No more Hundred. I'll have to make due with shitty anime about like bullies and deaf girls that are going to be emotional with great visuals or some shit.

But where are the childhood friends who shove their tongues down their throat? What's the point of anything.

LOL, we'll, we have Rewrite, Orange and maybe even ResLife for that next season, so things are looking up already!

Cerberus 12

Nambuuko is a fucking dick. Pretty good penultimate episode too. It's as if they stole it from a better show.

Nambuuko has been a better antagonist then I originally thought, but with that being said, I hope he kills your mofu next week and the crew destroys him, lol.
Happy ending, ftw!

Cornbread78

She was always good, just misguided.

tumblr_m5k1psLjul1rr9fac.gif

Uh huh.. yeah, umm... misguided, definitely. She needs to stop being interested in younger nen..

Well, I can say I felt kinda bad for her for like a second today since she got shat on so bad by the big douche.

Top Bottom