• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix at Gamescom '15: FFXV headlines main stage, other "reveals" teased

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koozek

Doubt it will release in July for marketing/sales reason, maybe September?

End of September until mid-October would probably be the best for me and the only time were I would have no obligations. Two weeks before the fall semester starts with all exams done already would give me enough time for all-nighters this game deserves :D Let's really hope for that!

Gamescom is probably what they're aiming for but I wouldn't be surprised if they shift an announcement to TGS.

Regarding dungeons I actually really enjoyed Goblin Cave. It felt really natural as a cavern and it had really mysterious atmosphere.

raven777

Gamescom is probably what they're aiming for but I wouldn't be surprised if they shift an announcement to TGS.

Regarding dungeons I actually really enjoyed Goblin Cave. It felt really natural as a cavern and it had really mysterious atmosphere.

The atmosphere was good but the some parts of the layout wasn't really ideal for an action RPG like FFXV. Also the fact that they showed the entire map of the cave from the beginning was bad imo.

The cave felt natural and had a decent atmosphere, sure, but it didn't feel good to play in. I don't consider it a very well designed dungeon at all, so I hope the rest are better.

The atmosphere was good but the some parts of the layout wasn't really ideal for an action RPG like FFXV. Also the fact that they showed the entire map of the cave from the beginning was bad imo.
I forgot about this. This was hoooorrible, but easily fixable, so hopefully they fix it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I think it's because Kagari is always so pessimistic about it. I believed Fall 2015 at one point and they just laughed at my face (ha-ha, kidding)

But yeah, its just Kagari being negative about this game and pretty much all of square as always.
Jumping to conclusions much?

Dark_castle

uvhuiulxquvoadwvbgaq.jpg

Caronte

I don't want to open a new thread for this so might as well ask here. I didn't play the Duscae demo, but I watched a video yesterday to see how the combat was in the 2.0 version. It's this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVejlhr9TDk

Have they said anything about what changes they are going to make? The AI is really, really bad there.

Bousf

I don't want to open a new thread for this so might as well ask here. I didn't play the Duscae demo, but I watched a video yesterday to see how the combat was in the 2.0 version. It's this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVejlhr9TDk

Have they said anything about what changes they are going to make? The AI is really, really bad there.
Duscae's combat is barebones, it lacks features or variety within them (magic, summons, team attacks, skills, weapons, plus who knows what else). I'm led to believe AI and pretty much everything is unfinished and subject to polishing.

At least I am expecting an improvement once the combat gets fully featured and AI jumps out of the demo's framework. Gamescom's gameplay footage will give us a much clearer picture of where the combat will be going in the full game.

Caronte

Duscae's combat is barebones, it lacks features or variety within them (magic, summons, team attacks, skills, weapons, plus who knows what else). I'm led to believe AI and pretty much everything is unfinished and subject to polishing.

At least I am expecting an improvement once the combat gets fully featured and AI jumps out of the demo's framework. Gamescom's gameplay footage will give us a much clearer picture of where the combat will be going in the full game.

Ok, thanks.

Actually the AI is doing a good job. The player is just really good. He is using his positioning really well so that way Gladio is tanking a lot of enemies while He can focus on one or two guys. He's dodge rolling very effectively and smart. He's defending at just the right moments. He does more perfect dodges than just normal dodges. He uses his abilities effectively and attacks with critical hits. Whoever is playing there is really good and is making it look easy. I have seen plenty of people take on that exact same group with the whole party and have a really hard time.

Ray Down

Banned

Don't forget the Gambits. :)

Caronte

Actually the AI is doing a good job. The player is just really good. He is using his positioning really well so that way Gladio is tanking a lot of enemies while He can focus on one or two guys. He's dodge rolling very effectively and smart. He's defending at just the right moments. He does more perfect dodges than just normal dodges. He uses his abilities effectively and attacks with critical hits. Whoever is playing there is really good and is making it look easy. I have seen plenty of people take on that exact same group with the whole party and have a really hard time.

My complaints are mostly about party AI (Gladiolus). He is not doing almost anything most of the time.

Koozek

There is a really good chance of FF XV releasing on 2016, right Kagari?

It really is not a question of if, but when. 2017 would be insane and you'd have to be more than just a bit pessimistic to believe that. They're obviously already prepping for the big marketing rollout for the release in Fall 2016 (Sep-Dec) at the latest.

Mifec

It really is not a question of if, but when. 2017 would be insane and you'd have to be more than just a bit pessimistic to believe that. They're obviously already prepping for the big marketing rollout for the release in Fall 2016 (Sep-Dec) at the latest.

If it's not a worldwide release then I expect end of 2016 Japan, spring 2017 rest of the world.

My complaints are mostly about party AI (Gladiolus). He is not doing almost anything most of the time.

We'll like others have said, you will be able to set gambits for the AI in the full game.

How the current gambit is set up for the party in Duscae is used to have the party work well together and not to take too many kills away from the player. However, Gladio is a beast and kills a lot of enemies in my time with the demo. He causes a lot of damage and can take a lot too.

IMHO, I think the AI does a fine job in the demo. Gambits should open up their customizability in the full game, which I am sure will alleviate your concerns.

wmlk

If it's not a worldwide release then I expect end of 2016 Japan, spring 2017 rest of the world.

The marketing and promotional blitz doesn't really last for over a year. It's usually much less than that.

I don't think they'll be promoting this game for over a year. We have Gamescom, TGS, and PGW in quick succession. There's going to be a lot of news for the game soon.

Mifec

The marketing and promotional blitz doesn't really last for over a year. It's usually much less than that.

I don't think they'll be promoting this game for over a year. We have Gamescom, TGS, and PGW in quick succession. There's going to be a lot of news for the game soon.

Yeah then I guess it's worldwide fall/winter, no way is it done by spring and I don't see it releasing in the summer.

Dark_castle

Looking at the random FFXV demo footage, I think enemies had a little too much HP right now. Regular encounters really shouldn't take very long to beat. High enemies HP/defense as challenge is boring. Give me high damage/good A.I but lower HP/defense instead. Make each fights faster-paced than a tiring slog with waves of enemies.

Sept 2016 WW like TPP would be my guess. Back to school date in full force not a bad landing spot that was solidified by destiny. But who knows? I definetely expect a fall 2016 release.

Wavebossa

I would be shocked if this isn't 2016.

Ummm... prepare to be shocked then.

2017 at the earliest, maybe early 2018

I'm really curious when it'll land. At this point it feels like we will possibly be getting KH3 and XV next year. Plus quite a few other Square games (Eidos and Japan).

Man.. I can't tell if you guys are being serious.

You really think KH3 and XV are coming out next year?

Just saying, don't get your hopes up

Wanna avatar bet that FFXV releasing at some point next year ?

Ray Down

Banned

I doubt KH3, but what's wrong with XV?

They put out a demo, big blow out this Gamescom, kicking off a year of marketing there and Kagari said they are getting it out then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom