• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix at Gamescom '15: FFXV headlines main stage, other "reveals" teased

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of the same people worked on FFVIII, too.

I think Yusuke Naora's addition made this lean more towards FFVIII. Really happy with that, though. FFVIII's architectural design and the art having influences from different genres is great.

I'm very glad that Naora is back from his post-Code Age exile (hyperbole on my part. I'm sure it wasn't that bad :p).

Naora joining the XV staff made me pretty excited. I love his work and stand by the opinion that he should do the main character designs for a mainline FF.
I also have to believe (assuming his primary work for XV is done) that he will be an important piece of the VII-Remake staff.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I'm very glad that Naora is back from his post-Code Age exile (hyperbole on my part. I'm sure it wasn't that bad :p).

Joining the XV staff made me pretty excited. I love his work and stand by the opinion that he should do the main character designs for a mainline FF.
I also have to believe (assuming his primary work for XV is done) that he will be an important piece of the VII-Remake staff.

He worked on FF Type-0.

He worked on FF Type-0.

Yeah, I remember when his art was shown when Type-0 was still the mobile-only Agito game (E3 '06?) and thinking "Damn. Why the hell is he working on a cell phone game instead of with Kitase/Nojima on FFXIII?!"

That's why I considered it a demotion after his Code Age multi-media project bombed. That was supposed to be a big deal, tanked, and he was stuck on a mobile game instead of the next mainline FF game with Kitase (whom he had worked as art director on three previous FFs- VII, VIII, and X). Like I said, that's all obviously crazy fan-speculation, but it's certainly how it felt at the time.
Fortunately Agito was upgraded to Type-0, but still...

Go_Ly_Dow

I love Yoko's work... but no. Uematsu or bust! ;)

Of course I want Uematsu first choice! But Yoko for 2nd choice or even a collab would be pretty great alternative!

Oh my.....could you imagine a UematsuXShimomura collab?

The very concept of sound would collapse in on itself.

DO IT NOMURA! BELIEVE!

Of course I want Uematsu first choice! But Yoko for 2nd choice or even a collab would be pretty great alternative!

DO IT NOMURA! BELIEVE!

Shimomura is already on XV and KH3. Second choice should be Ishimoto, that man has done enough godly work to warrant a mainline FF soundtrack.

DO IT NOMURA! BELIEVE!

I'd go with Hamauzu, personally.
He's re-arranged Uematsu's original work before, can (IMO) emulate some of the nuances of Uematsu's compositions very well, and has just worked with the man more than Shimomura.

I wish Shimomura was doing the Street Fighter V OST, though. That would be an amazing throw-back. :D

FFVIIR has to be Uematsu. Shimomura already has KH3 and XV on her plate, and while I like Ishimoto's work, I'm of the opinion that his TWEWY and KH stuff far eclipse his FF works.

Edit: My second choice would be Hamauzu, personally.

I wish Shimomura was doing the Street Fighter V OST, though. That would be an amazing throw-back. :D

At least she came back for the Street Fighter stuff in Smash Bros. Never would have thought I'd see her going back to her Capcom roots outside of a tribute album or something.

If he's still standing after finishing the FFVII Remake, I will be very impressed.

The pressure of directing such a project would break even the strongest of men.

He has already said that he wants to remake either V or VI after he does VII. who knows if that actually happens but it shows that he will be at SE awhile

Agreed, they definitely need to contract Uematsu for FF7R.

For the love of god announce XII HD IZJS please

This. It looks so good in PCSX2. So much potential for a good remaster.

Yeah, and the engine is capable of producing amazing graphics. The KH III trailer was really beautiful.

Yeah it looked gorgeous and the colors popped really nicely in that E3 footage. :)

The faces, other than Sora's (his looks quite good), looked a little weird though compared to the previous titles, though I suppose that's not really on the engine since they'd be made in something like Maya and the game is still pretty early.

Luminous does seem to have good results too though so hopefully by the time FFXV is finished the engine isn't a mess and they can actually use both it and UE4 for various games.

For the love of god announce XII HD IZJS please

This more than anything else. At the same time, because there has been zero info or leaks, I'm worried Square isn't even considering it or they haven't started on it.

Kagari, do you even have a morsel or bread crumb sized piece of hope for this to happen? Your non responses to it make me dread that it's just a pipe dream.

Saphirax

This more than anything else. At the same time, because there has been zero info or leaks, I'm worried Square isn't even considering it or they haven't started on it.

Kagari, do you even have a morsel or bread crumb sized piece of hope for this to happen? Your non responses to it make me dread that it's just a pipe dream.

Verendus said it was coming. Also, it'll probably be revealed at TGS just like FFX was.

I'm pumped for FFXV. I would really, REALLY like to see a story trailer, in case they made any changes. But, is it safe to assume that everything will be on the 8th though? Since that's when they'll be showing off the demo?

I'm pumped for FFXV. I would really, REALLY like to see a story trailer, in case they made any changes. But, is it safe to assume that everything will be on the 8th though? Since that's when they'll be showing off the demo?

It seems they have a whole schedule planned for just FFXV. We just don't know what yet, but if I understand correctly from the link is that it will have its own stage and will have updates and different things FFXV related the whole Gamescom.

Could be wrong though. Idk if they have pressers like E3 or what

Ishida

Banned
Yeah. I'm about as excited for XV as I've always been.

Final Fantasy XV is my most anticipated video game ever since the very day they announced it as Versus XIII back in 2006.

As you can guess from my avatar, I'm a HUGE Metal Gear fan, but Versus XIII has been my "priority", my MOST AWAITED game for almost 10 years now.

My anticipation for this game surpassed games like Metal Gear Solid 4 (Which is my favorite game of the last generation), it surpassed games like Uncharted 2, surpassed The Last of Us and many others.

During these 9 years, Versus XIII/XV has maintained its position on my list. Not even the change of director managed to take it down. Not even the change on the battle system. Not even the removal of Stella.

I expect FFXV even more than the legendary Final Fantasy VII remake. I expect FFXV even more than Kojima's last Metal Gear game (MGSV).

Every day with new info, or a new trailer for FFXV is a party day for me.

I know that, for many people, XV is "no longer the game they wanted to play". But not me. XV is still THAT game I wanted to play, and it seems like it will ACTUALLY see the light of day, unlike the original project. XV will be bigger, and most probably better than Versus was set out to be.

final_fantasy_versus_ffv_2.png

Philippo

Final Fantasy XV is my most anticipated video game ever since the very day they announced it as Versus XIII back in 2006.

As you can guess from my avatar, I'm a HUGE Metal Gear fan, but Versus XIII has been my "priority", my MOST AWAITED game for almost 10 years now.

My anticipation for this game surpassed games like Metal Gear Solid 4 (Which is my favorite game of the last generation), it surpassed games like Uncharted 2, surpassed The Last of Us and many others.

During these 9 years, Versus XIII/XV has maintained its position on my list. Not even the change of director managed to take it down. Not even the change on the battle system. Not even the removal of Stella.

I expect FFXV even more than the legendary Final Fantasy VII remake. I expect FFXV even more than Kojima's last Metal Gear game (MGSV).

I know that, for many people, XV is "no longer the game they wanted to play". But not me. XV is still THAT game I wanted to play, and it seems like it will ACTUALLY see the light of day, unlike the original project. XV will be bigger, and most probably better than Versus was set out to be.

So much this.

Preach!

RK128

My bet regarding Square's release line up is this :).
-Final Fantasy XV: Summer/Fall 2016 JP, Fall 2016/Spring 2017
-Kingdom Hearts 3: World-Wide release Fall 2016/Spring 2017
-Final Fantasy VII Remake: World-Wide release Fall 2017
-Nier 2: 2016 Release (Platinum makes games fast man XD! Just look at Metal Gear Rising for example)
-RPG Studio Project: 2016 JP release/2017 Western release
-Dragon Quest XI: Spring/Summer JP 2018, Fall 2018/Summer 2019 Western Release

They have a strong line up for the next couple of years and they could use Nier 2 to space-out their JP-Developed releases if both FFXV or KH3 doesn't hit 2016 :).

LowParry

Tell that to the Stella fans.

But I'm with you on this. XV is going to be everything and much more than Versus. I'm ready to embrace SE again as a company I used to love and enjoy. FFXIV was the first huge stepping stone for me. I expect to see more.

Preach!

RK128

I haven't been the most avid follower of this games development, but the moment I heard that KH's combat system was going to be in this game in some fashion, I was looking forward to this whenever it came out :).

Not that the release date is coming closer and closer, I have hope this meets everyone's expectations and it ends up being a fun, enjoyable action/RPG :D.

I am quite concerned actually that Insomnia has changed from a setting in which you start out and get to explore without constraint, to basically a battle ground in which every path dictated and then you never get to return to again and explor.

Kinda like a glorified Zanarkand. The ending scene of the demo makes me strongly believe this is how its gonna be which would be a massive massive kick to the balls D:
thats my biggest fear setting wise.. remember all these artworks of the Royal City SE released, they look so damn good. I really hope we can explore the Royal City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom