• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix Presents: A short look at fonts for advertising

Toth

You can't be right....I mean, this company couldn't fall that low to not even present a miserable trailer for their 2 biggest console games...

Well, SE is coming off a nice profitable quarter after sharp declines last year. Things can only go up...though they do need some excitement for this year...

Go_Ly_Dow

XV will most definitely be there.

The game is just on news lockdown and they're not going to let anything leak.

S-E have always been ninjas at keeping most big things underwraps.

Casval

Neo Member
XV will most definitely be there.

The game is just on news lockdown and they're not going to let anything leak.

S-E have always been ninjas at keeping most big things underwraps.
You're not saying this out of reassurance, are you? Is this merely your conviction?

A year after its reveal, XIII had missed E3 2007. It was not listed in the company's lineup. Square Enix did, however, release a new trailer for the game several months later in the Dengeki CLOUD DVD (which we now know as the infamous "gameplay trailer" that looks nothing like the final product).

The lineup for this year's E3 will be announced this coming week. Let's wait until then.

theofficefan99

You need to chill out ASAP. You're not formal at all. You're acting like an oversensitive child being told he can't have ice cream before bedtime.

It looks like you're trying to hold on to something you know doesn't exist.

We've all been reading your posts and you run around in circles refusing to cooperate, which is why officefan keeps asking you for proof. YOU REFUSE TO PROVIDE PROOF!

First saying you can't physically provide him with proof, then in the same reply saying he's already gotten his proof. Pick one and stick with it!!!!

You've set yourself up so that whatever happens at E3, you and your "people going to E3" and "insiders" will either say "I told you so" or "I knew all along but wasn't allowed to say it". Typical status-seeking glory hungry troll tactics.

Blaming inaccurate predictions as "shit happens", "things change last minute".. What a farce. Big decisions like that don't happen overnight.

Provide proof, irrefutable proof, or stop replying and let someone competent provide proof. Period.

Wow. Thank you for this.

theofficefan99

You're not saying this out of reassurance, are you? Is this merely your conviction?

A year after its reveal, XIII had missed E3 2007. It was not listed in the company's lineup. Square Enix did, however, release a new trailer for the game several months later in the Dengeki CLOUD DVD (which we now know as the infamous "gameplay trailer" that looks nothing like the final product).

The lineup for this year's E3 will be announced this coming week. Let's wait until then.

E3 2007 was nearly 3 years before its release. I think it's safe to say that there's a 0% chance that XV is 3 years away or anywhere near that (yes, I know, that's a funny and bold thing to say considering the game's full history, but whatever).

Reveirg

It's been said many times before that trailer presentations and reveals can be decided at the last minute. I guess we only have to wait one week to know.

I hope Kagari and Shinoni are wrong though. Would be weird for S-E not to show any of their japanese next-gen projects.

theofficefan99

It's been said many times before trailer presentations and reveals can be decided at the last minute. I guess we only have to wait one week to know.

I hope Kagari and Shinoni are wrong though. Would be weird for S-E not to show any of their japanese next-gen projects.

This. I sincerely hope they're wrong because... well, we all deserve to be happy.

Casval

Neo Member
It's been said many times before trailer presentations and reveals can be decided at the last minute. I guess we only have to wait one week to know.

XIV. Besides that, XV is SE Japan's only publicly announced next-gen project right now, to my knowledge.

Reveirg

XIV. Besides that, XV is SE Japan's only publicly announced next-gen project right now, to my knowledge.

Unless they actually unveil XIV's first full-fledged expansion (which is very possible based on the timeline they've established before), they would only be showing an already released product.

Casval

Neo Member
This. I sincerely hope they're wrong because... well, we all deserve to be happy.
Kagari will not be happy. She has a bet to win. :)

And you're treading on shaky ground. Not wanting to believe Kagari and Shinobi because XV's no-show will make you feel utterly disappointed? You'll be accused of working from your emotions and believing only what you want to believe.

But I do feel for you, man.

Casval

Neo Member
No problem, I'm going to make a prediction right now too, seeing this is a prediction-based thread.

I predict one or both of us will end up getting banned for this.

We live in an age where asking for proof is a terrible offense to people's dignity.
Proof wouldn't be necessary if you were reliable.

theofficefan99

Kagari will not be happy. She has a bet to win. :)

And you're treading on shaky ground. Not wanting to believe Kagari and Shinobi because XV's no-show will make you feel utterly disappointed? You'll be accused of working from your emotions and believing only what you want to believe.

But I do feel for you, man.

Oh no, I'm just saying, since there's two sides, I hope they're wrong solely for the fact that we all deserve to be happy and finally get glorious new FFXV footage and info.

GunBR

E3 2007 was nearly 3 years before its release. I think it's safe to say that there's a 0% chance that XV is 3 years away or anywhere near that (yes, I know, that's a funny and bold thing to say considering the game's full history, but whatever).

A 2017 launch doesn't look so impossible
Actually, if we get nothing about the game in this E3, 2017 will start to look more realistic than 2015

Go_Ly_Dow

I doubt XIII had anything playable at that point. XV has been demonstrated playable last year. It's been purely a next-gen title for around 2 years now and they wouldn't have scrapped all the previous-gens work either (I'm sure a lot has been gutted but not everything), they've come out and said the game is far into development to expect it sooner rather than later. Hashimoto all said to expect news soon at that Taiwan event.

I think they know themselves they can't afford for it to miss E3. It's different now that it has been fully announced. People have expectations and expect it to be there, S-E can make some questionable decisions, but I don't believe they're dumb enough to do that.

Kingdom Hearts 3 too.

Casval

Neo Member
I doubt XIII had anything playable at that point. XV has been demonstrated playable last year. It's been purely a next-gen title for around 2 years now and they wouldn't have scrapped all the previous-gens work either (I'm sure a lot has been gutted but not everything), they've come out and said the game is far into development to expect it sooner rather than later. Hashimoto all said to expect news soon at that Taiwan event.

I think they know themselves they can't afford for it to miss E3. It's different now that it has been fully announced. People have expectations and expect it to be there, S-E can make some questionable decisions, but I don't believe they're dumb enough to do that.

Kingdom Hearts 3 too.
I forgot KH3 existed. My mistake, ha!

Oh, and the event was held in Thailand, not Taiwan. Just a small note.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Does it matter whether Kagari and Shinobi are right or wrong? At this point you can either:

A: Choose to believe someone because they have been right about certain things, things that they know because of certain reasons and then move on with life till E3 happens.

B: Choose to not believe someone because they have been wrong about certain things because of certain reasons, and then move on with life till E3 happens.

C: Choose to believe in what you think will happen because of reasons and then move on with life till E3 happens.

None of this really matters because the conclusion is the same, with or without the "he says, she says" and "where are the receipts Insiders provide information based on what they hear, know or based on what they are involved in (some are employees for example). You either believe or not believe and even in the event of proof, things can change at the very last min. Project Beast was hinted much earlier and was at some point poised for revealing at last year's TGS but things changed.

Just wait for E3. We're talking about game news, not whether someone got murdered or robbed.

OmecronBlazor

Neo Member
It's nice getting to know you two, Omecron and Office, if only ever so briefly. :)

If either of us get banned for asking for proof and telling the uncivil people to calm the hell down, then I think that alone proves there is no proof to begin with. Only speculation.

It's also a pretty desperate way to shut someone up.

Sure my first post a little abrasive but I was matching Kayos' level of hostility. Usually when you peak up to someone's own level of hostility they calm down...

Casval

Neo Member
Does it matter whether Kagari and Shinobi are right or wrong? At this point you can either:

A: Choose to believe someone because they have been right about certain things, things that they know because of certain reasons and then move on with life till E3 happens.

B: Choose to not believe someone because they have been wrong about certain things because of certain reasons, and then move on with life till E3 happens.

C: Choose to believe in what you think will happen because of reasons and then move on with life till E3 happens.

None of this really matters because the conclusion is the same, with or without the "he says, she says" and "where are the receipts Insiders provide information based on what they hear, know or based on what they are involved in (some are employees for example). You either believe or not believe and even in the event of proof, things can change at the very last min. Project Beast was hinted much earlier and was at some point poised for revealing at last year's TGS but things changed.

Just wait for E3. We're talking about game news, not whether someone got murdered or robbed.
You're right. The outcome has been decided. We don't change the future by our thoughts, at least, in this case. :)

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Why are people asking for proof on whats rumored to be shown at E3 or not? You can believe them or not believe them, but pretty much most people in the know are going to guard their sources, or their information is going to be off the wall that nobody knows who they are like CBOAT.

The most mindblowing thing for me is that after the last E3 we actually got new lenghty KH3 footage (or concept demo, whatever) before XV. To my knowledge the new footage we got for XV at TGS and the Taiwan thing were extremely minor so you'd think they would have something for E3. Especially if it supposedly is really in a playable form since a year ago. And they didn't even need to show anything from KH3 so soon especially since at the D23 event they did it they already had 2.5 to announce.

Watch KH3 appear at E3 and XV be a no show :lol. This company is so weird sometimes. And apparently they don't give a fuck with showing some stuff from very early KH3 test demos with ugly ass placeholder attack animations and music ripped from the previous games and even have the balls to call it a trailer while with XV it seems either a big new AAA trailer or old trailer with 5 seconds of new footage.

Casval

Neo Member
Why are people asking for proof on whats rumored to be shown at E3 or not? You can believe them or not believe them, but pretty much most people in the know are going to guard their sources, or their information is going to be off the wall that nobody knows who they are like CBOAT.
In the latter situation, journalists are not necessarily in the same situation as programmers and developers.

orochi91

What? You can't be serious....

Ignore them kayos, they REALLY want to believe FFVX will be there.

I agree with you and other who are expressing skepticism towards Square Enix,
especially Kagari and Shinobi.

As such, I will dial down my expectations with regards to SE's showings this year.

Casval

Neo Member
APZonerunner must have quite an influence here, more so than I had originally thought. Many think Hashimoto had spoken at an event in Taiwan, heh.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
In the latter situation, journalists are not necessarily in the same situation as programmers and developers.

Either way, CBOAT doesn't want to be revealed, or no more invites, and he (she) wasn't believed at first.

But I get your point, in that a journalist is being shown something that actually exists, but can't reveal until the embargo is lifted. A programmer, developers, mail room guy isn't going to know everything thats going to be revealed or shown, only what they hear their fellow employees say, and who knows what they really know.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
APZonerunner must have quite an influence here, more so than I had originally thought. Many think Hashimoto had spoken at an event in Taiwan, heh.

I told him he shouldn't have advertised that forum post because the translation was really bad...

Casval

Neo Member
I told him he shouldn't have advertised that forum post because the translation was really bad...
Oh, the translation is fine, even if it is a bit rough. The venue of the event is outright wrong, though. Granted, Thailand and Taiwan have the same first syllable.

Casval

Neo Member
Either way, CBOAT doesn't want to be revealed, or no more invites, and he (she) wasn't believed at first.

But I get your point, in that a journalist is being shown something that actually exists, but can't reveal until the embargo is lifted. A programmer, developers, mail room guy isn't going to know everything thats going to be revealed or shown, only what they hear their fellow employees say, and who knows what they really know.
Sorry, I misread your initial post. I had read, some people distort their information so much so as to divert attention away from themselves. After all, if you reveal that you know too much, people will start asking questions and expect you to answer them, both online and at work. :)

orochi91

It worked on you, you're no longer posting hostile childish things.

Are you civil now? Can you provide proof or are you going to rely on this hearsay?

There is no proof. There will never be definite proof. These forums work off rumors and
consensus.

Given the tidbits provided from people who tend to have some knowledge with regards to
the industry (in this case, kagari and shinobi to a lesser extent), many are of the mind
that FFXV will not have a major presence (if at all) at E3 this year.

That's all there is to it.

There is no proof. There will never be definite proof. These forums work off rumors and
consensus.

Given the tidbits provided from people who tend to have some knowledge with regards to
the industry (in this case, kagari and shinobi to a lesser extent), many are of the mind
that FFXV will not have a major presence (if at all) at E3 this year.

That's all there is to it.

Verendus was hopeful :lol.

Is there a better translation? I remember Hashimoto mentioning they had some events to show the game like E3 (he said June IIRC), Gamescon and TGS. Also, they wanted to maintain FFXV a secret, something like that.

Casval

Neo Member
Is there a better translation? I remember Hashimoto mentioning they had some events to show the game like E3 (he said June IIRC), Gamescon and TGS. Also, they wanted to maintain FFXV a secret, something like that.
Just watch the videos and hear what Hashimoto really said. You could forego the translation entirely in that way.

Some Nobody

Verendus was hopeful :lol.

Literally nothing that guy has ever said ever has come true. Now, I'm not one of the large number of people who think everything an insider says is conjecture, seemingly because "I bet they don't REALLY know more than me", but eh.

And more to the point, I'd love for him to be right about SOME of the stuff he's said, because it's all been cool stuff. Yakuza Ishin coming stateside, FFXV due out next year, Sony's "Final Fantasy killer" J-RPG, a FFVII remake...

But nothing one way or the other has ever been proven about...ANY of that.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
If the verdict is Type 0 not showing up at E3, then that's fine by me. Makes the fantranslation the next best thing honestly. Besides SE is all about FF Agito now.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Well, can you blame me? :/

I know you don't want to believe me or Shinobi but a lot of the information we receive simply can't be accompanied by physical proof. It just isn't there. You may not trust me specifically because of some things said years ago now, but in recent times I have gained a bit more connections and I try not to mention anything anymore unless I am fairly sure it will happen. There is so much more I often never speak of exactly because of the things you are saying.

Top Bottom