• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen Pre-Alpha: 'Arena Commander' Dogfighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna be right there in the crowd :D

I've had to warn my SO that it's going to be goofy, it's going to be cringy, there will be technical issues, and it wont start until it's at least 30 mins late. But hey, that's what it's all about!

Well, I am jealous... I will try and maybe make it to gamescom next year... Even if there is some cringe, that cringe, technical problems, etc... is kinda what makes this project so special!
Ask me again around this time next year. :p

Your loss! :p

SeanNoonan

Well, I am jealous... I will try and maybe make it to gamescom next year... Even if there is some cringe, that cringe, technical problems, etc... is kinda what makes this project so special!
Seems like most of us from the UK studio will be there - should be fun :)

Zabojnik

New episode of 10 for the writers.

The fiction of this universe is what has me the most excited.

I wish we lived in a world where Star Citizen single player story campaigns would sell millions and be enough to sustain the game for years to come. Think about all the cool and diverse shit they could come up with in the universe they're building.

Alas, it is a cruel world we live in. I choose to once again blame consoles.

-5, lads.

5xwFNgO.jpg
Haha, this is great!

deleted

Hey guys, I haven't really followed this game these last few month.

Is there an updated timetable that detailes the release of the first SP module? Will it still be out this holiday season? I think that was the release date somewhere along the line and I'd love to buy me a flightstick and try it out around christmas..

Zabojnik

Hey guys, I haven't really followed this game these last few month.

Is there an updated timetable that detailes the release of the first SP module? Will it still be out this holiday season? I think that was the release date somewhere along the line and I'd love to buy me a flightstick and try it out around christmas..

Wouldn't that be a nice Christmas. :) Alas, it won't be out this holiday season. We currently don't know when Part I of Squadron 42 will release, as no dates have been announced. Not even tentative ones. We might hear something about it this weekend at CitizenCon, since they'll be talking about S42 and showing footage, but I wouldn't bet on a release date announcement.

Right now, it's anyone's guess. I'd be amazed if we'd get it a year from now. Roll on Saturday!

Also, if you're thinking about buying a HOTAS for SC specifically, you should probably wait for the official ones from Saitek anyway.

deleted

Wouldn't that be a nice Christmas. :) Alas, it won't be out this holiday season. We currently don't know when Part I of Squadron 42 will release, as no dates have been announced. Not even tentative ones. We might hear something about it this weekend at CitizenCon, since they'll be talking about S42 and showing footage, but I wouldn't bet on a release date announcement.

Right now, it's anyone's guess. I'd be amazed if we'd get it a year from now. Roll on Saturday!

Also, if you're thinking about buying a HOTAS for SC specifically, you should probably wait for the official ones from Saitek anyway.

Mh, I see - I'll just sit it out then and hope for some additional information during the next week.

I guess there will be a thread about CitizenCon?

Mh, I see - I'll just sit it out then and hope for some additional information during the next week.

I guess there will be a thread about CitizenCon?

Unless someone else in this thread wants to... I could probably set up a thread for CitizenCon on Saturday.

I've set up a snapchat account, "Citizencon2015" that I'll be using to take Snapchats before and after the main event. So it basically gives people who can't go a view of what's happening when it's not being live streamed.

So yeah, add Citizencon2015 on snapchat if you want :)

Burny

More info on the Vanduul please.

And I'm going to assume there will eventually be the ability for us to board and fight on Vanduul space ships? Yes?

It's the least I would expect for Squadron 42, seeing as the big selling point for Star Citizen is the seamless first person universe.

Irobot82

They mentions in ATV that version 1.3 will be a fully merged code base. So we should get all the improvements and all that right? Think it will include 64-bit precision?

They mentions in ATV that version 1.3 will be a fully merged code base. So we should get all the improvements and all that right? Think it will include 64-bit precision?

Yeah. It also means normalised first person movement (FPS movement (no jukes though at first)), cryengine 3.7, etc.

Lots of stuff.

Geist-

Actually, I'm pretty sure we already have 64-bit precision in the current version, but we're still stuck with the same maps so we don't really see it.

Actually, I'm pretty sure we already have 64-bit precision in the current version, but we're still stuck with the same maps so we don't really see it.

I think there may be the higher bit depth buffers and z buffers, but the 64 bit world stuff, transforms, coordinates, etc... is still no t in. Hence why your helmet shakes and why the ship shakes if you look at it closely enough.

tuxfool

Banned
I think there may be the higher bit depth buffers and z buffers, but the 64 bit world stuff, transforms, coordinates, etc... is still no t in. Hence why your helmet shakes and why the ship shakes if you look at it closely enough.

Rendering is still performed at 32 bits. So depth buffers and z buffers will remain the same as before.

Rendering is still performed at 32 bits. So depth buffers and z buffers will remain the same as before.
Oh i know that!
Sorry I should ahve been more specific, they at one point increased the precision of the depth and z buffer (to 32 bit and 24 bit respectively I believe) and that made it into the game build.

I love the explosion, I hope larger capital ships have white-out effects like when their reactors blow etc. After you see the initial isolated-like explosions, the slow chain reactions, then at the end there massive white out like a nuke almost. Something like this from X3: Terran Conflict. I always love white-out explosions.

VJk6kEn.gif

Geist-

The visuals are stunning, but what really stood out to me there was the audio - I happened to have earphones on when watching the vid and that metallic groan that rings through the ship before it fully succumbs to the damage gave me chills.
I never really took much stock in the 'immersive' buzzword, but that sounded so visceral and real that I almost felt like I was there. It's going to be frightening with VR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom