• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness announced (PS3/PS4, tri-Ace)

Falk

that puzzling face
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=152883485&postcount=17

image.php

duckroll

Meh at PS3 version, hope it's not holding them back too much.

Lol @ "holding them back", like tri-Ace is still some amazing trailblazer in technology. I think we should be more worried about the fact that they haven't made a console game in 5 years, have zero current-gen experience, and their last "big" game was a Vita title which looked pretty underwhelming. Let's not forget how "amazing" the tech was in Infinite Undiscovery and Star Ocean 4 when they first jumped on the Xbox 360. Took them years to put out a console game which ran well with RoF, and that was 30fps.

This was the surprise RPG then?

Haven't really gotten into the series (III was a bit eh in story), but it's good to know it's happening. With Tri-Ace no less. And on console. Fingers crossed PS3 does not hold them back. Or just go celshaded (Tales?). The 3D anime thing they did in III was also unattractive (just like Xenosaga, sorry!)

RyougaSaotome is saying on Twitter that the designs for SO5 will be from Akira Yasuda, who designed for classic SF games and stuff like Turn A Gundam characters.

BadWolf

They're getting assistance from SCEJ this time around so yes.

Very interesting, ppl were complaining about Sony dragging their butt in the region but it looks like they have been doing work.

why? because it would kill FFXV's momentum? I don't think this will release before FFXV.

You seriously expect them to blow the kind of money they are spending with FFXV on a Star Ocean game?

Falk

that puzzling face
Lol @ "holding them back", like tri-Ace is still some amazing trailblazer in technology. I think we should be more worried about the fact that they haven't made a console game in 5 years, have zero current-gen experience, and their last "big" game was a Vita title which looked pretty underwhelming.

They did make a tech demo.

jman2050

leak site says the official game is called Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness

Seems par for the course for the company that brought us the likes of Fate Linegod and Edge Maverick.

I wonder what xtreme name they're going to give the MC this time.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Very interesting, ppl were complaining about Sony dragging their butt in the region but it looks like they have been doing work.
Yeah. Well the future is promising for fans of Japanese console games at least. Will they sell well? Who knows.

nemisis0

Glad to see it wasnt either of those mobile games.

Though I just pray to god they do not go with that horrible art direction they had done with the previous Star Ocean.

Let alone trying to do a Japan vs Western type of changes to the character portraits.
7MU1By7.png

The ps3 international edition had the option to change thr portraits which was a nice edition.

duckroll

Yeah according to the Famitsu leaks, Akiman is doing the character designs. That's pretty interesting. The battle system is a seamless real time battle system, you mash buttons to do combos, and the attacks you do are based on how far you are from an enemy. Apparently it's quite a substantial feature, showing the main characters, combat, event scenes, etc.

Philippo

They're getting assistance from SCEJ this time around so yes.

Tech wise? Sounds good.

Or it's just that Xbox One manage to sell even less that Xbox 360 in Japan.

Xbox One is all but dead in Japan. No point, IMO, in releasing hardcore jRPGs on it. Hell, it makes more business sense to release them on PS3 even.

Yeah but XV and T0 releasing for XBO too, i thought that would be SE approach for the whole gen.

Top Bottom