• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2016 |OT| No Bothans died to bring us this information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
God damn that Future Filmmakers panel you know is going to steal every headline, have everyone talking for months and we wont see shit :(

Sad

Times

Indeed

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Rebuilt Phasmas costume for episode 8

:eek:

Mr Cola

Phasma definitely wearing her costume in VIII then according to the customer designers.

Given what they said I imagine they built it for form and function, probably to do some level of fighting given they said they only spent a week on the last one, which she only had to walk in.

TDLink

Dave Filoni confirms in a very Dave Filoni way that Ahsoka is coming back for season 3. Not that anyone is surprised but Dave Filoni hadn't wanted to say either way until now.

I took it more as she's done for Rebels but will show up in some other media.

Maybe that's just because I was hoping he was about to say she would be in a live action movie.

Mr Cola

Interesting that alot of people, Mark, these guys, Filoni, refer back to Rogue one sporadically, I imagine thats the message given to everyone attending officially, which makes me really skeptical we will see anything show stealing from 8 at all.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I'm more interested in knowing if Kylo will get a new mask since the one he had in 7 is now in the middle of a star.

Yeah, hopefully she actually has some stuff to do this time.

Maybe it could just be Gwendoline Christie talking her character up but she did say that she'd have a lot more screentime in 8.

Interesting that alot of people, Mark, these guys, Filoni, refer back to Rogue one sporadically, I imagine thats the message given to everyone attending officially, which makes me really skeptical we will see anything show stealing from 8 at all.

They'd be streaming the panel if there was nothing to show. It won't be anything substantial but that rumour of a teaser containing
Kylo and the Knights of Ren facing off against a green lightsaber
sounds plausible.

I'm more interested in knowing if Kylo will get a new mask since the one he had in 7 is now in the middle of a star.

Pretty sure he was wearing it when filming.

Einchy

I took it more as she's done for Rebels but will show up in some other media.

Maybe that's just because I was hoping he was about to say she would be in a live action movie.

Well, he said that his original plan was for that to be it for her in Rebels but because of fans, he has reconsidered.

Mr Cola

This is so fucking cool, can you imagine walking into this

This is the stuff of my dreams

Mr Cola

Dem that walkthrough will look in incredible in VR.

This is exactly, exactly, what I want in VR

Can you imagine a 1-2-1 walkthrough of some of these vehicles, I mean it makes so much sense, it has to happen.

Metalmarc

Also last year on youtube they cut off before they showed the EP7 trailer, they literally cut to black and didnt show it, if they do that this year im gonna be pissed.

Nah I saw the stream they definitely showed the trailer for EP7 during the youtube celebration livestream

TDLink

Well, he said that his original plan was for that to be it for her in Rebels but because of fans, he has reconsidered.

That's not exactly what he said. He said that would be the end of her in Rebels and that was his plan and then rather than "he has reconsidered" he went on to be extremely wishy washy on even saying what he wanted to say and basically just said she'll show up again. But he didn't say it would definitely be Rebels where she'd be showing up again. He also implied that because of the reaction to the character/that episode they were able to do this panel...basically Lucasfilm understand she's a well liked character. So it's not out of the realm of possibility they want to do more with her.

Mr Cola

I know it didnt just cut off for me, perhaps it was a region thing, either way the point I was trying to make was have a backup stream if possible! Dont want to miss it live.

Einchy

That's not exactly what he said. He said that would be the end of her in Rebels and that was his plan and then rather than "he has reconsidered" he went on to be extremely wishy washy on even saying what he wanted to say and basically just said she'll show up again. But he didn't say it would definitely be Rebels where she'd be showing up again. He also implied that because of the reaction to the character/that episode they were able to do this panel...basically Lucasfilm understand she's a well liked character. So it's not out of the realm of possibility they want to do more with her.

Based on the crowd's reaction and the actress that plays her, do you really think she's not gonna show up in season 3? It's Dave Filoni so he's not just gonna come out and say, "she's coming back in season 3" but that was the whole point of what he was saying.

You can hear it again here.
https://youtu.be/5VZ5dfOU1XI?t=2h59m52s

For Dave, that's a clear as day confirmation that she's coming back.

Metalmarc

I know it didnt just cut off for me, perhaps it was a region thing, either way the point I was trying to make was have a backup stream if possible! Dont want to miss it live.

Have we got a back up stream this year? Im gonna miss it today but I think will be handy for sat/sunday thanks

TDLink

Based on the crowd's reaction and the actress that plays her, do you really think she's not gonna show up in season 3? It's Dave Filoni so he's not just gonna come out and say, "she's coming back in season 3" but that was the whole point of what he was saying.

You can hear it again here.
https://youtu.be/5VZ5dfOU1XI?t=2h59m52s

For Dave, that's a clear as day confirmation that she's coming back.

Maybe she'll be back in S3. I'm not saying she can't be, but I also don't think she has to be. Especially if the show is supposed to be centered on the other characters. It felt like to me that he was talking about her being used in another show or film. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part.

I like how Doug Chiang used the miniatures to try and get people away from the mentality that the prequels were "just digital" and show that they made lots of miniatures and props for the scenes

BY2K

Membero Americo
You just know one of the Episode VIII trailers is gonna end with Luke firing up his green lightsaber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom