• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Mafia |OT| A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

redhood56

Banned
So I'm clear, when I make long pro-town posts I'm suspicious but when raindoc berates others he's pro-town. Gotcha.

Still kinda miffed, not gonna lie. FWIW, like I told Zipped I found redhood more suspicious than him/Zipped. My vote was going to reflect that.

Now it just sounds like I'm salty that redhood accused me of being hutt, but meh, not much I can do about it. Want to be clear where I stand/stood.
Those were some bold predictions and nothing more. Please don't get salty.

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
OA was a foregon conclusion, so that's not really evidence of much. I'm just pointing out that pushing for Zipped is not enough by itself to convince me of Matt Attack.

I agree that OA was pretty much done for, which brings me back to Matt Attack. Per my previous theorizing about Matt Attack, if he is a hutt, he could see that OA was a goner and maybe didn't want to lose 2 hutts back to back without trying to save Makai, hence his last minute defense. When that failed, he jumped on the OA vote the next day, since OA was going to be detained and anyone caught defending both of them was going to look really bad.

Czar on the other hand didn't waver from voting either Makai or OA. Of course there is always the chance he decided to go all in to gain rebel trust and his posts about his Zipped suspensions during the OA vote was to lay some ground work for his all out offensive the next day.

i think both redhood and absolutebro are rebel. but i dont have any strong leanings at this stage. i'll try to cast my vote not so singularly this time, to help town side out better.

i do take constructive feedback on board :>

Kevyt

giphy.gif

redhood56

Banned
Look if the town wants to lose then go ahead and vote for me. I know I'm probably going to be detained today but at least I got in some bold predictions.

RIP Traube. I'm actually pretty disappointed the Hutts went after you, not only because you were a good poster, but because as far as information goes, I don't feel like we have enough to make the proceedings today too different from before. More and more, I'm starting to feel that today's detainment will be closer to a blind vote (not entirely blind, mind you) than we're used to.

I agree that OA was pretty much done for, which brings me back to Matt Attack. Per my previous theorizing about Matt Attack, if he is a hutt, he could see that OA was a goner and maybe didn't want to lose 2 hutts back to back without trying to save Makai, hence his last minute defense. When that failed, he jumped on the OA vote the next day, since OA was going to be detained and anyone caught defending both of them was going to look really bad.

Czar on the other hand didn't waver from voting either Makai or OA. Of course there is always the chance he decided to go all in to gain rebel trust and his posts about his Zipped suspensions during the OA vote was to lay some ground work for his all out offensive the next day.

My actions don't make any sense of I were a Hutt. I had no illusions as to the fact that my defense of Makai would be ultimately futile, but I felt obligated to make it nonetheless because it was how I felt at the time (my feelings don't seem to have a very strong track record at this point). I went after OA because, thanks to johnny, it was really, really likely he was Hutt. I'm not sure how to defend that vote other than by saying that it was the easiest vote of the game for me. Maybe a Hutt would have tried harder to fight against that vote, I don't know, but I was pretty much on board with that vote from the very beginning of that day (waiting only to hear from OA before making my initial vote).

And this point definitely isn't new, but me tunneling after Zip (RIP, I'm really sorry I didn't trust you) in the way that I did, in combination with my futile defense of Makai, would probably make me one of the most imbecilic Hutt players imaginable.

Palmer_v1

RIP Traube. I'm actually pretty disappointed the Hutts went after you, not only because you were a good poster, but because as far as information goes, I don't feel like we have enough to make the proceedings today too different from before. More and more, I'm starting to feel that today's detainment will be closer to a blind vote (not entirely blind, mind you) than we're used to.

My actions don't make any sense of I were a Hutt. I had no illusions as to the fact that my defense of Makai would be ultimately futile, but I felt obligated to make it nonetheless because it was how I felt at the time (my feelings don't seem to have a very strong track record at this point). I went after OA because, thanks to johnny, it was really, really likely he was Hutt. I'm not sure how to defend that vote other than by saying that it was the easiest vote of the game for me. Maybe a Hutt would have tried harder to fight against that vote, I don't know, but I was pretty much on board with that vote from the very beginning of that day (waiting only to hear from OA before making my initial vote).

And this point definitely isn't new, but me tunneling after Zip (RIP, I'm really sorry I didn't trust you) in the way that I did, in combination with my futile defense of Makai, would probably make me one of the most imbecilic Hutt players imaginable.

I don't disagree with anything you said in particular. It would be a weird way to play as a Hutt. The UI, on the other hand, is a complete wild card. Every time I want to mentally clear someone based on their actions, I have to stop and consider that. It's making today very difficult.

I guess raindoc is the only one that has not checked in with any thoughts yet?

If we're doing blind guesses, I'd rather hear from everyone first, is all.

raindoc

I guess raindoc is the only one that has not checked in with any thoughts yet?

If we're doing blind guesses, I'd rather hear from everyone first, is all.

all i have to say atm:

Hello alive! Hello dead!(especially you Blarg) And I have arrived with a newer bolder prediction. AB the one all of you trust is a traitor. He is the ultimate evil. He is the thief or at the very least the UI.

This seems to be a slow day for the thread so I am here to spic-en things up a bit! I am back with some more Bold Predictions We did this in the beginning of the game but I never did it so...

Those were some bold predictions and nothing more. Please don't get salty.

Look if the town wants to lose then go ahead and vote for me. I know I'm probably going to be detained today but at least I got in some bold predictions.

you sure like to type "bold predictions".

^

lol yeah, i noticed that too. reddy seems to be peddling this idea of 'bold predictions' pretty hard against AbsolutBro

I'm not too sure that we can afford 'bold predictions' type of lynches at this late stage of the game, though

Well, it is quite clever, the word bold is bolded, and all ..... :3

Let me try it out for size: My bold predictions is that Matt Attack is the IA

Well, it is quite clever, the word bold is bolded, and all ..... :3

Let me try it out for size: My bold predictions is that Matt Attack is the IA

I boldly predict that you're incorrect. D:

For real though, IA is a difficult accusation to defend against, considering just how many ways they could try to get the fact that they're an IA across to the Hutts. For example, one could say my campaign against Zip would be a stupid move for a Hutt to make (simultaneously giving me a defense against being Hutt while still being suspicious enough to signal the main Hutts). Somebody could certainly make that sort of argument (it would still be incorrect, of course).

I boldly predict that you're incorrect. D:

For real though, IA is a difficult accusation to defend against, considering just how many ways they could try to get the fact that they're an IA across to the Hutts. For example, one could say my campaign against Zip would be a stupid move for a Hutt to make (simultaneously giving me a defense against being Hutt while still being suspicious enough to signal the main Hutts). Somebody could certainly make that sort of argument (it would still be incorrect, of course).

Shhh

This is where the bold part (which is bolded) comes in! It would not be a bold predictions if it was not bold! Y'see?

redhood56

Banned
If I am not detained today for my bold predictions then I will be very surprised. Seriously it is the most suspicious thing ever and a very anti town thing to do.

eJawa

I admit it's a flimsy argument and not really enough to vote on, but if it was looking like my only 2 known hutt allies were going to be detained, I might have also put up a last minute effort to save one of them, as futile as it seemed. I do agree that focusing on Zip would be a bad idea as a hutt. However, it does create convenient argument for your rebelness. Either way, I doubt I'd vote for you today, since both of these arguments are far fetched, but it's all I got at the moment.

raindoc

Couple of thoughts:

1) We should've killed Rymuth. YesNo... is the odd one out. Everyone else is either more or less suspicious and we (I, atleast, but I'd be surprised if it was just me) don't know what to do with him. Now every vote counts, it's endgame and we should've gotten rid of this insecurity when we still could afford it.

2) Same goes for Palmer. Whether he is neutral and pro town we'll only find out when he or this game ends - but we do know that he is not a Rebel. I wouldn't feel comfortable with voting for him now, but I'd feel a lot better if you guys had followed my advice from back when he role claimed. We had enough players left, we should've gotten rid of him then. Instead you lynched another rebel and now we still have a(nother) element of insecurity among our rows and no spares.

3) redhood. After coming in 2nd twice now, he felt like his time is up and went proactive, but I dunno what he's trying to do with his "bold predictions" - it's just Blabla. J'accuse without reason. If anything I feel even more inclined to vote for him now that he's posting Blarg-esque messages during end-game rounds. Not cool man.

4) CzarTim. Why are you still alive? You're running this game. You're manufacturing opinions with your posts. You're the most dangerous player and - IMHO - in any other Mafia game but this you would've been killed days ago.
Unless, of course, you are Mafia.
CT is a cunning player who knows what he's doing... and he led us here, into this shitty position. Beginning with his insistence on lynching on Day 1, ending with his campaign against Zipped yesterday - he helped bringing the rebels down like noone else.
My vote goes to either CzarTim or redhood today. I'm leaning heavily towards CzarTim and I hope you guys follow me for once.

Palmer_v1

Couple of thoughts:

1) We should've killed Rymuth. YesNo... is the odd one out. Everyone else is either more or less suspicious and we (I, atleast, but I'd be surprised if it was just me) don't know what to do with him. Now every vote counts, it's endgame and we should've gotten rid of this insecurity when we still could afford it.

2) Same goes for Palmer. Whether he is neutral and pro town we'll only find out when he or this game ends - but we do know that he is not a Rebel. I wouldn't feel comfortable with voting for him now, but I'd feel a lot better if you guys had followed my advice from back when he role claimed. We had enough players left, we should've gotten rid of him then. Instead you lynched another rebel and now we still have a(nother) element of insecurity among our rows and no spares.

3) redhood. After coming in 2nd twice now, he felt like his time is up and went proactive, but I dunno what he's trying to do with his "bold predictions" - it's just Blabla. J'accuse without reason. If anything I feel even more inclined to vote for him now that he's posting Blarg-esque messages during end-game rounds. Not cool man.

4) CzarTim. Why are you still alive? You're running this game. You're manufacturing opinions with your posts. You're the most dangerous player and - IMHO - in any other Mafia game but this you would've been killed days ago.
Unless, of course, you are Mafia.
CT is a cunning player who knows what he's doing... and he led us here, into this shitty position. Beginning with his insistence on lynching on Day 1, ending with his campaign against Zipped yesterday - he helped bringing the rebels down like noone else.
My vote goes to either CzarTim or redhood today. I'm leaning heavily towards CzarTim and I hope you guys follow me for once.

I've wondered about his survival as well, but until today, there's arguably been a better target each night. I'm not sure I can be convinced to vote for him yet.

Redhood = YesNo >>> Czartim is my current feeling about them.

Palmer_v1

Why do you think this?

It's meta gamey, but I really think the second UI lost interest and basically stopped participating. I just don't know. The more I consider though, it the less appealing it feels. I'm 90% certain he's not the thief, and that's who I really want to find.

Hello alive! Hello dead!(especially you Blarg) And I have arrived with a newer bolder prediction. AB the one all of you trust is a traitor. He is the ultimate evil. He is the thief or at the very least the UI.

If I am not detained today for my bold predictions then I will be very surprised. Seriously it is the most suspicious thing ever and a very anti town thing to do.
It's actually a pretty crafty move, I have to admit. It puts one of your critics (i.e., me) in a tight spot, while giving the group someone else to target.

If I push to detain you, and I've aready admitted I wanted to vote for you yesterday, you can easily claim I am retaliating against you. "See, the big bad hutt is trying to silence me!"
If I push to detain someone else, you can claim I'm shifting blame somewhere else to deflect attention. "The big bad hutt is trying to throw you off!"
If I do nothing, I look like I am trying to hide.

Very clever indeed.

Unfortunately, I'm past worrying about how suspicious I come off (as demonstrated in several of my earlier posts). We are down to the wire on this game; this could be our final detain if there are 2 hutts + the UI.

So starteth the lesson:

If you go to lunch while making a post, you should probably check the thread before you finish and hit submit.

So endeth the lesson.

CzarTim

Guys I've been legit super sick and have spent most of the last two days feeling like ass. I will post more once I rebound hopefully before the deadline

What did you have for lunch? Your fate depends on this answer.
Pie Five personal pizza. Olive oil/garlic sauce with feta cheese, kalamata olives, onions, basil and sun dried tomatoes.

Delicious.

On topic, I do not think Czar being alive is really all that suspicious. The hutts have certainly not really wanted for targets in this game since night 2.

Night 3 they could go after Quantum to stop shields going out. No brainer.
Night 4 they got Setre and silenced their last real threat. No brainer.
Night 5 was a twofer taking out TWE/Zubz.
Last night they targetted the only person they could guarantee wasnt the UI: someone who had used a power.

IF there is only one hutt remaining (+ the UI) then tonight's target could be telling for tomorrow. If there are two hutts + the UI, then they just have to not kill the UI tonight. Fortunately for us, I dont think they have any better idea who the UI is than we do.

eJawa

It's meta gamey, but I really think the second UI lost interest and basically stopped participating. I just don't know. The more I consider though, it the less appealing it feels. I'm 90% certain he's not the thief, and that's who I really want to find.

If he is the UI that could explain him targeting me. Unless there is another main hutt, with no night action, I probably can't be a main hutt, so I am the safest option for the UI to go after.

Palmer_v1

We have 2 days to go what's the big hurry?

Day 3 is what happens if everyone waits until the last second to vote. Ideally, we'd get some votes in now, which gives us something to discuss as we approach either a majority, or the day's end. Waiting accomplishes absolutely nothing.

redhood56

Banned
Day 3 is what happens if everyone waits until the last second to vote. Ideally, we'd get some votes in now, which gives us something to discuss as we approach either a majority, or the day's end. Waiting accomplishes absolutely nothing.
Oh I see. I am suspicious of 1 person in particular right now but I'm about to be away from any electrons for 2-3 hours so I'll vote when I get back.

Palmer_v1

I hate those.

VOTE: Palmer_v1

I kinda hate raw tomatoes in/on food in general, but sundried tomatoes are just delicious to me. There's also a place nearby that does garlic roasted tomatoes that are an incredible topping.

So hungry now. I think our caterer is a mexican place today.

I kinda hate raw tomatoes in/on food in general
I did too, until I grew my own. Vine fresh tomatoes, especially sweeter kinds likes yellow brandywine are divine.

On-topic:

I agree that we should probably start getting votes in early. There are 8 of us left:

Absolutbro
CzarTim
eJawa
Matt Attack
Palmer_v1
Raindoc
Redhood56
YesNOnoNOYes

Of that list we can rule Palmer out as a main hutt since they tried to kill him; doesnt rule out the UI.

If I had to rank my top 3 suspicious persons it would probably go:

1. Redhood
2. eJawa
3. Matt Attack

I will add the caveat that I find it hard to rank YesNOnoNOYes, becuase as Palmer and Raindoc have both said, he came to he game late so getting a read on his thoughts and actions (and comparing/contrasting with Rymuth) is rather difficult. Also totally out of his control, but it's still a factor.

The only thing we have on eJawa is that on night 2 he didnt take an action. But the UI doesnt have night actions and not all Hutts have night actions either (unless they send the kill command, of course). Not having taken an action night 2 doesnt clear him any more than Palmer not taking an action Night 1 would have cleared him.

Palmer_v1

That's at least 3 people with Redhood at the top of their lists. Enough for a plurality at a minimum. Any real reasons we shouldn't go for a majority and get this over with?

Vote: Redhood56

If we're wrong, and the Hutts don't kill the UI on accident, we might have one last chance tomorrow.

If you've been hiding a power role that can help us in any way, you're never going to get a better chance to use it.

redhood56

Banned
That's at least 3 people with Redhood at the top of their lists. Enough for a plurality at a minimum. Any real reasons we shouldn't go for a majority and get this over with?

If we're wrong, and the Hutts don't kill the UI on accident, we might have one last chance tomorrow.

If you've been hiding a power role that can help us in any way, you're never going to get a better chance to use it.
I totally understand but OVERRIDE Palmer.

raindoc

"time" (=votes) is running out, i'm not a fan of rushing this now.

and I really want to ask each and every one of you to reconsider your stance on Czar. Yes - he's rubbed me the wrong way since early in the game and so have others, BUT I have reconsidered/changed my opinion/openly admitted my mistakes in some instances, yet of CT I get more and more suspicious with every game. He's Keyser Soze.
Look at his decisions, look at what they led to. Consider his activity level and the impact he has on this game - and ask yourself: would he still be around if you were Mafia (and he's not)?

Top Bottom