• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars The Force Awakens Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie OD

The teaser looked kind of odd if I'm going to be honest. The droid football and lightsaber hilts made me wonder for a moment if I clicked on a joke trailer of some sort.

FrsDvl

Ooh man. Goosebumps. Kinda hoped to see some old cast in this, but the falcon was good enough. And that lightsaber.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
actually agree with others..

lightsaber hilt shot was kind of stupid..

some great other shots.. all of the starfighter shots in atmosphere were a lot of fun (I actually love that in Rebels)

Overall it looks like Star Wars, which is awesome. Yes the prequels always looked like Star Wars as well.. but hopefully Abrahms will ensure that it's actually fun (or even tolerable) to watch also.

edit - and harry knowles is full of shit.. TPM teaser was like mind blowing compared to this. This is enough to give me confidence in the movie. TPM teaser I probably would have paid $100 for a ticket right there on the spot if given the opportunity.

TheOddOne

animation3xcda7.gif

Jibbed

You people are crazy. It's Star Wars, not Star Trek. It doesn't matter if the flaming hilt is practical, it's bad ass.

If I were 11 years old again I would be losing my damn mind over how cool that is in the same way I lost my mind over Darth Maul's lightsaber.

Agreed.

Biggest grin on my face when the main theme kicked in.

Lucifon

the terrible hilt design aside, is he or she getting ready to chop down a tree? Why to this silly dramatic pose in the middle of the woods, all alone?

/nitpick

Pretty sure force users can sense the presence of things you can't necessarily see yet. What's to say something isn't coming towards him in the distance.

I thought the hilt was kinda stupid at first but it reminds me of a traditional European sword hilt. I just hope it is actually made to be functional unlike some other designs *coughcurvedsaberbladefromepisode2cough*

It wasn't overly flashy and the little bit we saw of CG didn't look completely over the top. Hopefully the story is at least decent.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'll take Abrams Star Trek over more prequel trilogy Star Wars any day of the week, so I'm a bit excited.

Gambit

I want statistics to show how many people downloaded fucking Quicktime first. Haha.

Anyway, I like it, it didn't hype me as much as the Phantom Menace teaser, but I like it. Falcon at the end was class. But I really, really hope it's Tattoine again. This was supposed to be at the arse end of the galaxy!

RS4-

Not sure how I feel about the crossguard on the lightsaber.

But I didn't see any blatant Star Trek lens flare!

kiguel182

So that first guy is the male lead and that women was the female lead?

We just need to see the face of the guy with the black ropes and we have the full set.

thank god Harrison Ford isn't the lead

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Well, my hype is up. Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, Jurassic Park and Star Wars. All in 2015. sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo goooooooooooooooooooooooooooood,.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom