• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars The Force Awakens Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
the ball is the new JarJar binks

iDr77sY.gif

vio

That lightsaber looks stupid. Everything else looks great! Color grading and camera reminded me of MOS cinematography.

Sojgat

Lightsaber makes it look more like a traditional knight's sword. I can dig it.

God some of you are petty.

The idea of a cross hilt is to catch the downward strike of another sword (lightsaber), and I don't see how this thing would do that. A lightsaber would just cut straight through the hilt.

It's designed to look cool, but functionally it seems dumb as fuck.

inm8num2

As a teaser it wasn't anything outstanding, but JJ's going to keep his cards fairly close to his chest. Might have been nice to shots of the original trio, but that can wait. Overall the trailer gave off a very nice vibe. Cool to see Gleeson in the X-Wing and who I presume was Driver with the lightsaber.

So that first guy is the male lead and that women was the female lead?

We just need to see the face of the guy with the black ropes and we have the full set.

thank god Harrison Ford isn't the lead

That's Adam, right? From Girls? I think he's the villain.

Why do I get the feeling that the Empire and the Alliance have switched places in this trilogy with the remnants of the Empire being the Rebellion now?

Would be a really cool angle to take.

way more shown there in the teaser than i expected. The x-wing & Falcon shots were awesome.

The lightsaber hilt design looks cool and is practical in a way. The only way to block a saber blade from slicing off your hand is to have a hilt of light saber too. And its got a broadsword look which mixes it up

abrams you fucking fraud why the fuck do the storm troopers have physical costumes

you'll never be able to passive aggressively spite james cameron if you don't cgi the fucking clothes

UrbanRats

lol the lightclaymore.
It still looks too clean for my tastes, but already i have more hopes for this than JW.

Also, i had forgotten Moses from Attack the Block was the hero, awesome.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
It's like they were trying to send one message - this is like those old ones, not those crappy shiny new ones.

Truant

So the first thing you see in the trailer for the whitest film ever made by the whitest guy ever is a black stormtrooper. I don't know, but that's just awesome.

jtb

Banned
looks, unsurprisingly, like Star Trek 09/ID. meh. I will give Abrams this: it looks so much better than the prequels, it's not even funny.

Raptor

You dont fuck with lightsabers, I knew it when Lucas wasnt on board, he would never ever go with this stupid shit, it loses the elegant of the weapon, now it looks all Sweinder or something.

Really bad.

Calcium

Banned
The only thing I don't like is that ball droid. I can live with the claymore lightsaber.

It's interesting that both the Millenium Falcon and the X-Wings are being flown inside the atmosphere. Not really something I expect from the franchise.

inm8num2

More I think about it, I like how the trailer focused on the young leads. That first shot of Boyega was kind of hilarious and unexpected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom