• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars The Force Awakens Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb1234

Trailers so often get overblown "epic" library music that it's incredibly refreshing to hear music written specifically for one. John Williams, kicking ass.

Only 1.5 million views? I guess the iTunes one is getting the most views. The avengers trailer got 70 million across all sources in one week, it'll be interesting to see how this fares.

Although, this is only a teaser. I bet the first real trailer will get more.

That's not updated in real time, I bet it's at 10 million already.

Trey

X-wing scene and the Millennium falcon dogfight aerial flip are the highlights.

You can keep the overwrought evil voice over and the stupid ass light saber design.

With the amount of "remember this?" in this trailer, and knowing that this is the same guy who made the Star Trek movies, I would bet $50 that someone in this movie offhandedly says "Theae aren't the droids you're looking for" or "It's a trap" in this movie. Remember that?

The Cowboy

animation1sfdhd.gif
This is great.
---
I just cant stop watching the trailer, that x-wing scene gets me hyped quite a bit.

Bloodsent

Great teaser. Sets the mood.

Remember that teasers, most of the time, are completely out of context. It is possible that whoever that Sith in the forest was, perhaps he built the lightsaber himself, with no formal training. Could explain the strange design, the different power up sound, and the almost unstable look of the blade (unless that is now the intended look of all lightsabers).

I'm sure this has already been said dozens of times, but my guess on that guy in black with the wonky saber is that he's some ancient evil Sith who recently awakened. That would explain why his saber crackles in an odd way and why it has that hilt: it's outdated technology that "modern" Jedi haven't used or even seen for millennia.

Mariolee

It won't be out of place in the film itself but it's a little off being the first shot of a character in a trailer.

Not at all. I mean, the point is to catch you off guard. The goofiness shows that this one will actually have something the prequels did not have: personality.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
With the amount of "remember this?" in this trailer, and knowing that this is the same guy who made the Star Trek movies, I would bet $50 that someone in this movie offhandedly says "Theae aren't the droids you're looking for" or "It's a trap" in this movie. Remember that?

Orci and that other clown, Kurtzmann, aren't working on this film though. Have hope.

jackal27

Banned
did the guy at the start steal a stormtrooper suit, I thought all the stomtroopers were clones?

Not all stormtroopers are clones omg... Go watch you some Star Wars Rebels. There is a mix of both especially 30 years later I'm sure. Those clone troopers would be pushing what, 60? 70? More?

Paganmoon

Yeah I feel like it would have been really easy (and lazy) to just throw together shots of old Luke/Han/Leia with some music and take advantage of the fuzzy feelings.

This teaser was pretty bold for going with new faces.

I think we'll see something like that when the proper trailers start rolling in, and I'll be loving every second of it... Even though I usually don't watch trailers. (Teasers don't count)

That lightsaber is rad as fuck. But I can't help but think it's pretty impractical. You'd have a pretty good shot at slicing off your own hand with it unless you're going to use it like a broad/greatsword.

George Lucas' role in the Star Wars universe was basically to troll it's fans. It's the only explanation for things like adding the much hated Vader "Nooooo!" to one of the franchise's most important scenes at the end of Jedi.

I think Abrams must understand this as he picks up the mantle.

It's why the lens flare is in this trailer. It's the only way this guy knows how to troll us at this point. The world tells him the lens flare is stupid in all his movies and it ends up in the Star Wars trailer.

Anyway, that was a pretty cool trailer.

The hilt and handle of the new lightsaber should be the same material and then the lightsaber should extend from the length of the hilt and taper off as it extends... Two litle lightsabers looks a little dumb, but who knows? I mean, that scene would be cooler without the two sides, but whatever.

Sanjuro

Sounds like you watched a different teaser trailer.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!

"I have a bad feeling about this" is mandatory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom