• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars The Force Awakens Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I like that new droid and the lightsaber. The way some people are groaning about them, you wonder why they ever liked Star Wars to begin with.

Thought it was fantastic. Better edited than anything put together in MGS game....

Shotsfired.gif

Darklord

Banned
Am I the only one more bummed out that the lightsaber sound has changed and sounds like like an electric rod now? Fuck the design, I want my iconic sound effects!

Alx

The new R2D2?

Would make sense to have a more free-moving droid in the future, and it looks cute as hell.

I don't know how R2 got anywhere in the originals.

I think that ball-robot will find it just as hard to climb stairs up and down.

Mariolee

I didn't like it. It felt weird, off somehow, I can't quite put my finger on it.

Probably because Star Wars films have banked so much on nostalgia with the old actors that not having any of the old actors appear make this feel like a spin-off, despite it looking legitimately good by its own standards.

At least, that's how I feel.

I really like that the lightsaber is no longer a perfectly straight glowing stick. If you look closely you can see the laser deforming and bits flying off and it looks really cool.

that was the thing I noticed, but of course that's overshadowed by "omg the sword hilt Star Wars is ruined"

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Am I the only one more bummed out that the lightsaber sound has changed and sounds like like an electric rod now? Fuck the design, I want my iconic sound effects!

I'm pretty sure that sound was specific to the lightsaber in the trailer. It almost looks like the blade is burning, I'm sure the normal sabers will have the normal sound. You don't fuck with those classic sounds.

Boof

The super charged lightsaber probably needs the exhaust. I bet that lightsaber will cut through other lightsabers... speculation of course...

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Its...okay. I mean honestly I'm so burned out on Star Wars at this point that the deliberate nostalgia involved here doesn't even do anything here, but its probably still going to be fun

Watevaman

I was laughing at the beginning thinking there was a possibility this was still fan-made.

but it's not, it's real, and they released it

Forkball

Soccer ball droid? INTERNATIONAL BOX OFFICE PANDERING

I'm in the anti-saberhilt camp. That's some goofy stuff.

The X-Wing formation and the drop-in Stormtroopers looked so good though.

MrBadger

Uh oh, more tacky novelty lightsabers

I liked it though. Definitely felt more like the originals than the prequels which is good. Also ball droid

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Fuck it I'm onboard. I can't believe I'm saying that after suffering the last 3 fucking shite movies.

George hasn't got anything to do with this movie. Right. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom