• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

Ok, I'm going to try again.

Steam forums seem to indicate the option for importing from disk will only appear if the saves from S2 are in their original default location
It wasn't like that with S1 was it? =/

EDIT: nope, tried that and I'm still seeing nothing on my end within S3, even though the saves are recognised within S2 =/

Just going to continue on regardless, but just be wary ymmv here on this point.

No lie, tried a multitude of different choices to see if it would appear. Nope.

The only choices given are:

What was Clem's relationship with Lee like regarding her training?
Did she shoot Lee?
Who Clem's mentor was from S2 out of Jane, Kenny and Luke
What your relationship with them was like
Where Clem ends up at the end of S2
What does Clem rely on more for survival: resources or people?
Did you shoot AJ's mum?

This is so stupid.

It looks like they didn't make it matter how you wound up with the alone ending then. Being with Jane or Kenny means the other is dead, but either could be dead if you were alone.

zkylon

zkylewd
wow i feel like i should've said dxhr2 for $15 lol

probably gonna snatch that up+doom, if beth doesn't do what beth does and puts it at a shitty price

Tizoc

wow i feel like i should've said dxhr2 for $15 lol

probably gonna snatch that up+doom, if beth doesn't do what beth does and puts it at a shitty price
Well doom 2016 has been usd 20 recently
Question is if youre willing to do a 80 gb download or not

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Darkest Dungeon adding a new mode that speeds up certain aspects of the game and should cut campagin time in half (which sounds scary at first, but we are talking about from 80-90 hours to 40-50 so...yeah).Might be of interest to some people that have held of playing it

I loved the game but its grindy as fuck, so this might be a good thing. Certainly something I would use in a eventual second playthrough.

"A lot of what causes people to put down the game has to do with how much rebuilding is required should you experience a party wipe of max level heroes with all your best trinkets," Red Hook said. "We want loss to still feel meaningful, but for this mode we will look at helping that rebuilding process more than normal."

can confirm >_>

zkylon

zkylewd
Well doom 2016 has been usd 20 recently
Question is if youre willing to do a 80 gb download or not
80 gig?

wtf

gaming industry sucks

Darkest Dungeon adding a new mode that speeds up certain aspects of the game and should cut campagin time in half (which sounds scary at first, but we are talking about from 80-90 hours to 40-50 so...yeah).Might be of interest to some people that have held of playing it

I loved the game but its grindy as fuck, so this might be a good thing. Certainly something I would use in a eventual second playthrough.

"A lot of what causes people to put down the game has to do with how much rebuilding is required should you experience a party wipe of max level heroes with all your best trinkets," Red Hook said. "We want loss to still feel meaningful, but for this mode we will look at helping that rebuilding process more than normal."

can confirm >_>
i feel like darkest dungeon is one of those games i'm fine with never finishing

i got it, it was great, i'm really happy with it, but i don't have the patience for its grind

so honestly that sounds really cool, i'll probably give it another shot tho 40hrs still sounds like more than i'm willing to give it

AHA-Lambda

can confirm >_>

That sounds good, the apparent extreme grind at the endgame had put me off getting it.

My problem with Darkest Dungeon is that my best characters wont do lower level runs. Forcing me to constantly hire/fire scrubs to complete the story missions.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I never finished it either. I got to the last dungeon, wiped, and thats where I left it at around...60 hours or whatever it was. Like you said, I basically went "Yeah...im good"

Also, the Street Fighter 5 holiday costume/stage pack is stupid expensive (20€ for 6 costumes and 1 stage whut) and its only available for a limited time which is EVIL.

Bad Capcom, bad!

Rhaknar

oh that Groupees bundle also has Foul Play which Ive wanted for ages. Pre-order redeemed (well I pre.ordered for Crush Your Enemies anyway)

I'm not very far in Darkest Dungeon, but what it needs is, like, a mentor system or something; a way to either power up heroes or make them more resilient to afflictions/traits that sideline them for weeks of expensive recovery. The downtime is the real killer, on top of the grind to upgrade the manor (which is just a way to reduce the grind slightly anyways). There's no way to ever really turn them into "heroes," just stronger grunts that die a little slower and need tens of thousands of coins worth of investment to keep them sane and in shape.

The artifacts would've been a good way to empower heroes, but most of them have such massive tradeoffs that you're not really better off overall. With so much reliant on dice rolls, stacking the deck against yourself is just asking for massive setbacks that aren't really worth it once you get a cascade failure of your party.

You know, it what it needs is a Fire Emblem-style class advancement system that improves stress resistance and improves chance for virtues. Even that little boost would change everything while still retaining the RNG-based gameplay.

All this said, the core game is really fun so I think they'll make the right decisions, whatever they are.

Wok

Stop that, Steam.

qVpMl1F.png

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm not very far in Darkest Dungeon, but what it needs is, like, a mentor system or something; a way to either power up heroes or make them more resilient to afflictions/traits that sideline them for weeks of expensive recovery. The downtime is the real killer, on top of the grind to upgrade the manor (which is just a way to reduce the grind slightly anyways). There's no way to ever really turn them into "heroes," just stronger grunts that die a little slower and need tens of thousands of coins worth of investment to keep them sane and in shape.

The artifacts would've been a good way to empower heroes, but most of them have such massive tradeoffs that you're not really better off overall. With so much reliant on dice rolls, stacking the deck against yourself is just asking for massive setbacks that aren't really worth it once you get a cascade failure of your party.

You know, it what it needs is a Fire Emblem-style class advancement system that improves stress resistance and improves chance for virtues. Even that little boost would change everything while still retaining the RNG-based gameplay.

All this said, the core game is really fun so I think they'll make the right decisions, whatever they are.
the thing about darkest dungeon is that it really is all about not growing too attached to ur dudes

it's not xcom, you may put a lot of love and care into these people but they just get worse and worse and by the end they're messed up human beings

it's hard!

ArjanN

I don't think the Darkest Dungeon grind is nearly as big as people make it out to be, I'm also sure that with the knowledge of having beaten the game once, you could do a fresh run in like a third of the time.

rtcn63

*ahem*

FUCK YOUUUUUUUUU

numberslide.jpg

The puzzle doesn't reset even if you walk through a green (checkpoint) door. Reloading didn't help since I'd already walked through said door after messing with the puzzle, so it just kept the pieces in place. I didn't save during the chapter.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
IndieGameStand's three-day $1 game deal came back, but sales have dropped from about $300/game before the break to about $40/game after. Current game has sold an epic 11 copies since going on sale. So I can't imagine the store has much time left in this world.

*ahem*

FUCK YOUUUUUUUUU

numberslide.jpg

The puzzle doesn't reset even if you walk through a green (checkpoint) door. Reloading didn't help since I'd already walked through said door after messing with the puzzle, so it just kept the pieces in place. I didn't save during the chapter.

i'm not sure what game you're playing but there are automated online solvers for these if you want to cheat and feel like the puzzle has no connection to the game as a whole

rtcn63

i'm not sure what game you're playing but there are automated online solvers for these if you want to cheat and feel like the puzzle has no connection to the game as a whole

RE4. I can just use a guide, but I'd have to reset the puzzle first. Meaning restart the chapter, which I plan to later.

I remember the one in Silent Hill Homecoming. That was... that was fuck that's what.

Ehh... Darkest Dungeon is designed like Punch Club, only with a lot more grind reducers to reduce how much progress you can lose.

Like, Punch Club is the grindiest game I've ever played. Everything is a setback to progress. Every. Single. Thing. Travelling, eating, sleeping, working, buying, training, fighting, winning, losing, questing, levelling--everything has an associated grind that it adds. It's essentially a clicker in a more palatable form.

The core pitch of an MMA RPG is really cool, but man is it not appealing as a game.
the thing about darkest dungeon is that it really is all about not growing too attached to ur dudes

it's not xcom, you may put a lot of love and care into these people but they just get worse and worse and by the end they're messed up human beings

it's hard!

I don't buy it, because they give a host of abilities to shape the different characters into something viable. You can remove negative traits, lock in positive ones, give them artifacts, shape their skills, boost their equipment, and level them up... And on top of all this, they can, at times, survive insane punishment and come out stronger for it.

If they wanted to make them truly disposable, the devs would make permanent afflictions and curses and stuff to really hobble the characters. Currently they're all losable, yes, but not disposable.

I actually feel it's trying to get at what heroics actually is--the sort where you're broken, battered, and beaten, but, still, you press on to victory. Sort of XCOM like, but with even less control.

tumblr_mhfmiwn1SE1rr7dyto1_500.gif

MAHVEL INCOMING LET'S GET CUHRAZEH

also Capcom pls would it kill you to redo DMC3 for PC? Or just, you know, port the HD collection... 2/3 good games isn't bad.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't buy it, because they give a host of abilities to shape the different characters into something viable. You can remove negative traits, lock in positive ones, give them artifacts, shape their skills, boost their equipment, and level them up... And on top of all this, they can, at times, survive insane punishment and come out stronger for it.

If they wanted to make them truly disposable, the devs would make permanent afflictions and curses and stuff to really hobble the characters. Currently they're all losable, yes, but not disposable.

I actually feel it's trying to get at what heroics actually is--the sort where you're broken, battered, and beaten, but, still, you press on to victory. Sort of XCOM like, but with even less control.
yea i didn't say disposable, but they're not all supposed to come back

it's a big expense to keep some of these people sane and at one point you're better off retiring them than doing anything else

you can always bring over more poor souls to grind what you need, after all they're the only thing that's free in the game

Fallen London is the grindiest game I have played, but I still love it.

Seeking Mr Eaten's Name is possibly the most horribly brutal quest line in existence.

4.5GB Mafia 3 updated? Or is steam acting up for me?

added races and vehicle customization (and I think some new outfits)

Sports Class races and Exotic Class races (12 races total)...the vehicles are now grouped by type when you call for a car (Street, Sports, Exotic, Utility)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom