• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided -67%

No idea if this is a better or equal deal to upcoming winter sale =/
The fatalist in me says it might be worst later because it's a 2 week discount instead of 2 days.

It's on its the lowest price ever, right? Pretty sure it won't go lower than that.

If anything, it might get worse discount on the winter sale.

Stall19

Gamestop had the Digital Deluxe version for $22 a little while back but I doubt we'll see another deal like that in awhile.

Teggy

Well I just added well over 100 keys I had neglected in various accounts (Humble, Indiegala, etc.) I had to stop twice because Steam scolded me for adding too many keys. And I really did cut way back on buying bundles this year.

Big giveaway will be incoming - would like Yogscast to be done, but will probably just do it in the sale thread shortly after it goes up.

so got around to finally playing trails in the sky. I don't miss anything of value by basically ignoring the bulletin board quests, right? I finished the prologue and I've been tackling the bulletin board quest just in case they actually add something later on.

zkylon

zkylewd
so got around to finally playing trails in the sky. I don't miss anything of value by basically ignoring the bulletin board quests, right? I finished the prologue and I've been tackling the bulletin board quest just in case they actually add something later on.
not in my experience

in fact, i'd say they detract from your experience cos they waste your time

you might want to do a few of em to keep leveled up and stuff

Burt

Bought Witcher 3 last sale

Regretted not getting the DLCs

Still haven't come close to finishing TW3

whateverthegifforawisepurchasingdecisionis.gif

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I need a way to hide certain groups in the activity feed browser wise. I don't want to leave the groups, I just don't care to see announcements they put up.

Or perhaps a "Picture only" sorting mode.

Kiru

Bought Witcher 3 last sale

Regretted not getting the DLCs

Still haven't come close to finishing TW3

whateverthegifforawisepurchasingdecisionis.gif
Bought everything on release. Only played a few minutes for benchmarking reasons lol.

zkylon

zkylewd
SJUV8rD.jpg

after seeing this comic i was expecting this to be my case but um... mistakes were made and uhh.... i don't think we'll see much of fournival anymore lol

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I need a way to hide certain groups in the activity feed browser wise. I don't want to leave the groups, I just don't care to see announcements they put up.

Or perhaps a "Picture only" sorting mode.

You can hide all group announcements, but not certain ones. I don't think anyway.

Xanathus

Kinda disappointed that no one on GAF seems to be into Vermintide. The new Karak Azgaraz DLC came out for it last week but there has been zero talk on it. The new levels in it are really well done compared to the Drachenfel DLC, there are no "filler" maps like Summoner's Peak.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
GAF, I have a question - I'm travelling to Europe for the Xmas holidays. Currently I get the standard US based prices on items (I'm in the Middle East). What happens if I attempt to access and buy stuff while I'm there during the sales?

me0wish

GAF, I have a question - I'm travelling to Europe for the Xmas holidays. Currently I get the standard US based prices on items (I'm in the Middle East). What happens if I attempt to access and buy stuff while I'm there during the sales?

I think it will automatically take you to the store page of the region of your account, but years ago, I had to use country codes to buy my games.

http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=uk for example will take you to the UK store.

Parsnip

I think that is Deadly Premonition? IS that actually in the game or is it modded? That animation looks fantastic :D
That's just the way the game is, no modding required for amazing animations.
*ahem*

FUCK YOUUUUUUUUU

numberslide.jpg

The puzzle doesn't reset even if you walk through a green (checkpoint) door. Reloading didn't help since I'd already walked through said door after messing with the puzzle, so it just kept the pieces in place. I didn't save during the chapter.
These types of puzzles are pretty easy though.

Kinda disappointed that no one on GAF seems to be into Vermintide. The new Karak Azgaraz DLC came out for it last week but there has been zero talk on it. The new levels in it are really well done compared to the Drachenfel DLC, there are no "filler" maps like Summoner's Peak.
I finished the game and liked it, but not enough to play more of it.

derFeef

I only played the first two maps but it's fun for sure. I also need to try that VR thing.
You can add me on Steam (I am in eurozone, though). Maybe I can find some time during the holidays. (and for Deathwing also).

Warhammer Fantasy isn't my thing.. Deathwing could have sucked me in but instead of making it Vermintide in space they completely fucked it up.

Warhammer Fantasy isn't my thing.. Deathwing could have sucked me in but instead of making it Vermintide in space they completely fucked it up.

But waaaaagh is so much better with sword and spell, rather than gun and saw. Like, Space Marine is good, but imagine if it had Arkham melee combat instead.

waaaaaaaaaaaagh

derFeef

I am more into warhammer 40k than regular warhammer
Once deathwing is fixed up ill get it eventually

Me too, but if the action is good I am game.
I did not enjoy any other Warhammer fantasy game though.
I would be so into Total Warhammer 40K.

Xanathus

I don't care about Warhammer Fantasy either but there's something about the game that's great once you know all the maps and how to play well and you just get into a groove of killing stuff mindlessly. It's kind of like Diablo and Path of Exile.

Tizoc

Speaking of vermontide
I think ill look up
The weapons if any of them interest me ill grab it off himble bundle
How is the single player mode like if some could elaborate on it?

Uzzy

There's something delightfully unique about Warhammer Fantasy, with its Holy Roman Empire inspired areas and renaissance trappings. It's a huge shame that it got jettisoned for the Age of Sigmar trash, but at least the games are focusing on the right era.

Xanathus

Speaking of vermontide
I think ill look up

It's really not a single player game, there are bots but they're just there to tank hits for you but you have to do most of the killing yourself although they've improved their behavior in the last recent patch. Bots are still better than brand new players though you want real players if you go for the harder difficulties.

MaxiLive

That's just the way the game is, no modding required for amazing animations.

These types of puzzles are pretty easy though.

I really need to play through it >.< I struggled with the early broken PC port, hopefully mods have fixed most of it now.

On another note does anyone fancy a copy of Tomb Raider: Underworld? I did a raffle yesterday via Modbot but the winner won another raffle so the key hasn't been used. However Modbot won't let me make another raffle with it even after sending it a "nuke" message.

So if you want a copy of Tomb Raider: Underworld send me a PM! :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

If your store region changes, you can switch back to your home region via the cart or account page:

http://store.steampowered.com/cart/
http://store.steampowered.com/account/

You're given two options: one based on your IP and another based on the region within which you last completed a purchase.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Elves Adventure -- MB-4C4C4CF590EF8672 - Taken by Hakkelus
LEGACY OF KAIN: SOUL REAVER -- MB-B2B8F6749ED68E04 - Taken by Monooboe
LEGACY OF KAIN: SOUL REAVER 2 -- MB-E3740DB7F90C4CFF - Taken by bobnowhere
TOMB RAIDER: UNDERWORLD -- MB-5E547D8CCF1FBAEC - Taken by Gez

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Tale of Tales games are rated risky by the Removed Games Collectors group because after the failure of Sunset, the husband and wife team that make up Tale of Tales said new development was unsustainable and I guess this caused collectors to get worried the old games might be pulled. That was a few years ago and they've since announced new titles and stuff, so I would rate these very low risk, but if perchance you had an eye on them, it might make sense to buy just for piece of mind.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Speaking of vermontide
I think ill look up

its as good as the left 4 dead single player

Sarcasm

It won't change. I am an American living in Taiwan and I changed it to Taiwan for regional pricing.

To change the region I needed a form of payment and address, all done in settings, for it to actually change.

So just continue using your form of payment from where you live and you will be fine.

Regginator

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided -67%

No idea if this is a better or equal deal to upcoming winter sale =/
The fatalist in me says it might be worst later because it's a 2 week discount instead of 2 days.

It's a great price for a great playing game. Much better than the &#8364;37 I spent on launch only to get burned hard on the story. But the gameplay and level design were amazing, several steps above Human Revolution in that regard. I'd say get it, it won't get cheaper this Winter Sale.

(And if it miraculously does, you can always refund it seeing as the sale starts tomorrow.)

So, i played around 250 games (not idling for cards) from my steam library in 2 years, i thought it was good result, but then i noticed that my backlog become a little bigger than it was when last time i checked it...
zeE95p5.jpg

Deques

So, i played around 250 games (not idling for cards) from my steam library in 2 years, i thought it was good result, but then i noticed that my backlog become a little bigger than it was when last time i checked it...
zeE95p5.jpg

250 games in two years seems to be a good accomplishment. I think I only play around 70 games in a year

Valxal

Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator is seriously one of the funnest fighting games I've ever played.

edit: first top of page post get!

xezuru

Speaking of vermontide
I think ill look up

Vermintide isn't a single player game, it's more akin to Melee weapon focused Left 4 Dead sans the Wizard which is mostly spellcaster. It takes a while to ramp up imo but I like it a decent amount. There's no versus or anything but each character gets different weapons that promote different play styles and learning each ones job for your team and how you fit in becomes pretty essential and more important than L4D in my opinion.

That said, like L4D, every character has the same mechanics sans the Bright Wizard which is a spellcaster with an overheat system, but distinct nuances of how to deal with the rats and fit in your party. The Elf can get a bow that shoots Trueflight Homing arrows to easily rid of single hazardous specials or she can get the Hagbane Poison Cloud arrow tips that can impact with giant gas clouds that poisons tons of rats in the area to clear thick waves of rats. For the most part though, the main gameplay is pretty much what you'd expect from L4D with +1 fantasy weapons, you learn how to slash with small weapons being quicker but hit less rats but can headshot for higher damage, or big weapons that either hit super hard for one rat or hit masses of rats, you learn how to push and backdash to kite rats while killing or do what ever job you feel fits with your dudes.

For example, The Dwarf character is wielding a hammer+shield melee with a fireball shooting pistols (very particular loadout) for ranged, this dwarf playing to his melee weapon can stun the entire wave infront of him if playing proper, and keep them stunned, but his tools do very little AOE damage to actually clear and kill the rats rather than stun them, he can switch inbetween stuns to the flame pistols to give them flame dots and such but won't immediately help to the literal 50-100 rats infront of him at that very moment. Meanwhile behind the Dwarf could be the Wizard with a Conflaguration staff, when taking time to charge without being hit, she can lay down a massive fire rune/trap on the ground dealing massive aoe damage to an area, but getting hit cancels charge and an immediate rune has less radius and damage.

In the same scenario, the Dwarf might be able to keep a horde of normal rats at bay but a Packmaster (a special like the L4D2 jockey) might slip between the normal rats being meat shields to capture a play him and pull him through the horde as the Dwarf doesn't have direct damage in this loadout to pick him off immediately. Instead the Dwarf could've used a single shot rifle that only deals damage to 2 rats, immediate and passthrough penetrated target, but does massive damage to those to pick off Packmaster before he hides in the wave. That said, if he wanted to he could also of chose a Pickaxe or other melee weapon to play more a damage dealing fighter.

Game has a loot system for progression. Honestly from the begging its kind of slow and a drag, but your definitely notice the power growth by mid/later game. Get loot by finishing maps and rolling dice for loot on a table, higher number better loot. Collecting items that can make that map harder during that run can guarantee you dice success or give you better dice in general for easier rolls. Each level start from white to Green/Blue/Orange
will give better flatout damage and add a trait perk. Traits can be things like insta kill chance, healing on hit, harder pushes, attack speed buff on hit, or passives like that and higher quality items give you up to 3 different traits on one weapon. You can turn in 5 lower quality weapons to upgrade to the next tier, or melt them for ore to use them for many things such as reroll their traits or gamble on a loot drop. After you beat every non-dlc map once, you get a quest board that will give you options for guaranteed rewards such as weapons you can choose form and ore for doing the daily's mission+objective such as killing and Ogre/Tank.

Cataclysm is the highest difficulty and you can get through it pretty much the same way you could with other difficulties even with your starting weapons just with little to zero mistakes, that said for best case scenario you will need Orange-pseudo highest tier upgraded weapons to play it to have any fun as you'd probably have to hit a normal trash rat like 5 times to kill it. That said the upgrade system is pretty noticeable, rats die much easier or waves cleared way faster, and you get very simple diabloesque traits on your weapons to cultivate your gameplay style. It isn't big enough to make builds or minmax, but definitely noticeable and give you a big power boost feel (ex. there's a trait called killing blow that normally has 15% chance to instakill a human sized rat on hit, i have it on a fast hitting weapon that hits up to 4 rats in range and I see them melt all the time, there's also an enhanced version of that with 3% to kill any rat. I've killed a Rat Ogre (L4D Tank) instantly and saw it's body pulverized flying across the room due to the proc.

tldr+endgame;
-Play with friends but its semi decent enough as L4D to just be with randos.
-Story is L4Dish kinda nothing, Characters *can be as charming as L4D1 at certain moments.
-L4D with +1 Fantasy Weapons as the focus instead of Guns *although there are still guns
-Plays a bit more tactile than pve L4D as you are more intimate with rats because of melee focus so understand your weapon (range/amount of targets can hit/amount of stamina left to block before you get destroyed) and how to kite
-Player progression is primarily through player skill not really any crazy super hidden mechanics but Difficulty/Loot+Damage thresholds are a factor because while you can beat every difficulty with starter weapons it's much funner to instakill rats and have sweet perks like healing yourself gives an aura that gives a heal to everyone on your team getting them out of black and white death.
-It is like <$9 for base game on greenman if you have vip account and code.

Tizoc

Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator is seriously one of the funnest fighting games I've ever played.

edit: first top of page post get!
The launch price hurts it sadly
I have it on ps4 and would def get it on steam if it were cheaper ;o

Valxal

The launch price hurts it sadly
I have it on ps4 and would def get it on steam if it were cheaper ;o

I agree with you there, I hope they figure out their upgrade model with future iterations like the community moderator says they're going to.

Having to pay extra for DLC that was free on PS4 is not fun.

Tizoc

I agree with you there, I hope they figure out their upgrade model with future iterations like the community moderator says they're going to.

Having to pay extra for DLC that was free on PS4 is not fun.
Just release it close to console release if not day and date

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
If your store region changes, you can switch back to your home region via the cart or account page:

http://store.steampowered.com/cart/
http://store.steampowered.com/account/

You're given two options: one based on your IP and another based on the region within which you last completed a purchase.

It won't change. I am an American living in Taiwan and I changed it to Taiwan for regional pricing.

To change the region I needed a form of payment and address, all done in settings, for it to actually change.

So just continue using your form of payment from where you live and you will be fine.

Great - thanks for that. Was worried I'll miss the window for a sale since I'm leaving and arriving on the day the sale starts and ends.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Broken Age seems super...obtuse. At least this second part does, im having a rough time with it, I dont remember having much trouble with part 1

edit: friend gifted me The Park, thats on the short side IIRC, like 1 or 2 hours long? Might do that one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom