• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Seal 2015 |OT| This isn't the account you're looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

I'd buy Watch Doggies for $5, was waiting for this, unfortunately... it's 15€ here

edited: is this getting in the line is a real thing? If yes, I'm in

All right I just woke up so form an orderly queue for $5.44 Watch_Dogs complete. Bought 3 so far. Will get throttled at some point, 5 per 1/2 hour, 10 per hour or so.

Started Undertale, the Ruins part was pretty meh, but once you get out and
meet Sans and Papyrus
it becomes a lot more entertaining. I'm going pacifist cause I heard that leads to the best ending but figuring out the right things to say while dodging enemy attacks (I'm not very good at reflexes stuff) can become tiresome.

Overall I'm enjoying it.

:) good choice! Ending is really nice, also I hope you bought something from the spider bake sale.

So I just realized that Legend of Korra is on sale for $3.74. I like Platinum and I like Korra/Avatar... how is it? What say you Platinum/Korra fans?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Started Undertale, the Ruins part was pretty meh, but once you get out and
meet Sans and Papyrus
it becomes a lot more entertaining. I'm going pacifist cause I heard that leads to the best ending but figuring out the right things to say while dodging enemy attacks (I'm not very good at reflexes stuff) can become tiresome.

Overall I'm enjoying it.

Yeah, the segment with the Ruins is probably my least favorite part of the game. Toriel is great and all, but the first area is sort of dull compared to everything that comes after it.

KarmaCow

So I just realized that Legend of Korra is on sale for $3.74. I like Platinum and I like Korra/Avatar... how is it? What say you Platinum/Korra fans?

I bought it last summer sale and refunded it after an hour or so. It's really simple, bare bones, and despite also being <4 hours, it's also padded out with auto runner levels with Naga.

:) good choice! Ending is really nice, also I hope you bought something from the spider bake sale.

*didn't buy something from the spider bake sale*
I had a feeling I should start over. Didn't know that getting an enemy yellow and sparing them would give me money at the time, so I had nothing to help the poor spiders with.

lJR9x8O.png

Wrapped up Dishonored. Length was perfect. Ended before getting a chore. Nice variety in locals as well. Satisfied with the ending.
Could have used more enemy variety probably.

DLCs still left. Will go Knife>Witch>Trials.

*didn't buy something from the spider bake sale*
I had a feeling I should start over. Didn't know that getting an enemy yellow and sparing them would give me money at the time, so I had nothing to help the poor spiders with.

nah don't restart, as long as you haven't killed anything yet you're still on the route for the pacifist ending, you'll just have a bad time for a bit later on, thats all. Just stay determined.

daxy

If someone from Ausgaf isn't swamped for requests yet, I'd be very grateful for a copy of Watchdogs :B

In any case, I've gotten a pretty sweet haul so far. Toma's thread has been really useful. I've got Earthtongue, Hexcells, Reveal the Deep and LISA lined up once idle master does some more of its dark deeds. So far I've gotten these and as a result crossed the magical 500 game line.

Ass Creed Black Flag
The 39 Steps
Castlevania: Mirror of Fate HD
Why Am I Dead at Sea
Still Life Collection
Yesterday
Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Ether One
Metal Gear Rising
A Bird Story
D4
Siralim

My murder mystery and adventure game itch will now hopefully be scratched. Want to get Crimes and Punishments once that drops a bit in price.

Mr. Doop

It's... okay. Not great, especially for a Platinum game, but if you go in with really low expectations you should have a decent enough time.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Playing Mirrormoon EP and at first I'm like

i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing-dog.jpg

But it's starting to make sense. I don't see how you can finish a game like this though, there's an endless amount of planets. But I'll keep playing.

oipic

Another Australian reporting in for Watch Dogs purchasing duty, to help share the load or whatever if the other blokes get swamped - PM me if you want help with the $5.44 thing.

Hey, remember all the fun stealth gameplay from the last 20 hours? You can forget all that and have some combat fun with the last boss.

why

Watch dogs is 15-18 hours of tedium. Don't waste your time or money on it.

It's simply not good at anything that it sets out to do. And it the main character is a total sociopath. Not Nathan drake out of context sociopath, but a legit sociopath

Turfster

Is Watch Dogs even worth 5.44 USD?

Nope.
Hell no.
Noooooooooooo.

PS: whats everyone issue with gfwl?

It's broken as fuck and won't let me play my games.
Hell, even when it was still somewhat working a couple of years ago, it would get stuck in endless updating loops for games and all kinds of other magical bullshit.

just update the gfwl client and only use a local profile and it will works just fine

Nope. Just because this worked for you, maybe, doesn't mean it works for everyone.

Arthea

i love trails but the UI is just so, so bad

the atmosphere though... reminds me... of pokemon red and blue, for some reason.

If you are talking about Trails in the sky, don't play it with controller! It's a PC game, it's so mouse friendly it's ridiculous, try it, it's like other game, mouse is only way to play it, joyful way.

.... pokemon? don't get it

Turfster

Like most Ubisoft games. They are the games you play when you have absolutely nothing else to play.

You can't even play Wash_Doge.
Not really.
All of the systems (the shooting, the driving, the 'stealth', the 'hacking') are mediocre at best, and none of them meshes well with any of the others.
Couple this with a horrible main character, a bland city and a ridiculously bad story and there's no earthly reason to ever play this dog turd.

Kiru

You can't even play Wash_Doge.
Not really.
All of the systems (the shooting, the driving, the 'stealth', the 'hacking') are mediocre at best, and none of them meshes well with any of the others.
Couple this with a horrible main character, a bland city and a ridiculously bad story and there's no earthly reason to ever play this dog turd.

Oh well, maybe not worth the money then... I like open world games with cars normally.

Skii

So weird. Saints Row 4 has everything for an open world game but I just don't really enjoy it at all. I can't really tell what it is. Just seems sterile and bland if I'm honest.

Knurek

If you are talking about Trails in the sky, don't play it with controller! It's a PC game, it's so mouse friendly it's ridiculous, try it, it's like other game, mouse is only way to play it, joyful way.

Don't forget about holding Ctrl to skip through all the crap text the game throws at you.
Who has the time for this shit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom