• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Seal 2015 |OT| This isn't the account you're looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Watching someone playing Undertale a bit on my meet-up. Glad GOTY voting is up till end of january, very anxious to try it out myself.

Arthea

People nearly died bringing that text to you!

I nearly died waiting! my PC died waiting, you have no idea!
skipping text is the worst

edited: I have complete Watch Doggies now, and oipic is a nice fellow, just so you know

.... only problem I'll have to reinstall uplay one of these days, sigh, might as well buy Tetris now.

Watching someone playing Undertale a bit on my meet-up. Glad GOTY voting is up till end of january, very anxious to try it out myself.

Undertale is fantastic.
4rPCvt8.png

Hektor

That's normal before the first time. But you just gotta close your eyes and go through with it. Once you're finished you may feel a bit ashamed but you'll have learned a valuable lesson for the future.

Arthea

I wish I could understand the love for Undertale. If people were running around declaring their undying love for Trails, that I could relate to. Or Steins Gate, or Star Wars TFA or Lightning
OK, I'll stop now

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh hello Geralt, what are you doing in Victor Vran? >_>

Knurek

I wish I could understand the love for Undertale. If people were running around declaring their undying love for Trails, that I could relate to. Or Steins Gate, or Star Wars TFA or Lightning
OK, I'll stop now

i-8wNJJms-1050x10000.jpg

It's an amazing game for people who have never heard of Yume Nikki or Mother 3, I imagine.

Ozium

OK, I'll stop now

Trails is too mainstream for that

Chariot

Undertale is fantastic.
Yes, Sölf and the meltdown at gamefaqs already had my curiosity. I already purchased it, just on a meet up atm. Need to ditch the damn real humans and get back to my computer with games and waifus.

That's normal before the first time. But you just gotta close your eyes and go through with it. Once you're finished you may feel a bit ashamed but you'll have learned a valuable lesson for the future.
Last time I heard that, it was from Konami!Kojima, but I do believe you. Guyvl who is playing is also commenting and hinting at this or that that would be different, if played differently.

Arthea

https://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/i-8wNJJms/0/1050x10000/i-8wNJJms-1050x10000.jpg[/IMG

It's an amazing game for people who have never heard of Yume Nikki or Mother 3, I imagine.[/QUOTE]

That comic is so true, it hurts too...

[quote="Ozium, post: 190826334"]Trails is too mainstream for that[/QUOTE]

make up your mind, it can't be niche and mainstream, you know

[SPOILER]that was funny, ozzie[/SPOILER]

Think I'm done. Bought a bunch of sub $5 games I've had on my wishlist for a while and bought the Company of Heroes Steam version with all DLC too.

Salsa

I like Undertale

but what I like most really is the mechanics, the defense system and how the battles get kinda crazy and unexpected

the rest is good and all, the characters are cool; but it's just hip dialogue. It aint exactly new.

'Tsundere plane got in the way. Not on purpose or anything."

It's like Scott Pilgrim writing or something. They just talk like current hipster people and that's out of place so it's to be inherently funny

it works, tho, but I recognize it as what it is. sometimes it's cringey in how transparent it feels

Salsa

like my favorite moment of what I played of Undertale so far was the skeleton's random "blue attack" and how he went 'that's my blue attack, now you're blue' and then you realize what it means for the battle (which was stupid easy before and now you see it's for a reason) AND the music gets super funky and kicks up a notch

that moment was perfect. I get why the game gets the praise regardless of my overall opinion so far. some little moments are very very clever and it's hard to find games doing new stuff. That deserves to be put above some other "good but same-ol" stuff.

StuffRuff

I like Undertale

but what I like most really is the mechanics, the defense system and how the battles get kinda crazy and unexpected

the rest is good and all, the characters are cool; but it's just hip dialogue. It aint exactly new.

'Tsundere plane got in the way. Not on purpose or anything."

It's like Scott Pilgrim writing or something. They just talk like current hipster people and that's out of place so it's to be inherently funny

it works, tho, but I recognize it as what it is. sometimes it's cringey in how transparent it feels

I'm really struggling to get into it to be honest, I know that will probably earn me some hate especially as I'm only really fresh out of the ruins and starting some of the snow puzzle stuff with the two skeleton dudes.

Just isn't clicking and I really want to persevere with it due to all the hype but I'm just not very good at the whole bullet hell mechanic and I probably ruined it for myself by getting frustrated and going on youtube to watch ending videos (not that they made a lot of sense but I've probably seen one too many spoilers now) to see if there was something I was missing.

So now I'm at the point of thinking about a refund....its a shame probably but with having loosely watched the vids there's probably not much point anymore. Nevermind!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Is Sonic Generations worth the price it's at right now?

I think so, it's one of my personal favorite Sonic games.

The final boss is kind of shit and the story is pointless, but there are some really fun stages in Generations, some awesome music (the remixes of tunes are great), matched with some of the best stages in my opinion for the 'modern Sonic' era, and actually surprisingly good 2D stages for the Classic era too.

Generations best element in my opinion is the level design, which they nail. It has the multiple path and intricate level design of older Sonic games, matched with the set-piece design of newer Sonic games, and comes together because of its well-done level design in my opinion.

Zomba13

i-8wNJJms-1050x10000.jpg

It's an amazing game for people who have never heard of Yume Nikki or Mother 3, I imagine.

The thing I don't get about that comic is that Undertale plays on old 16 bit game tropes. Like it's art style and most of the music and the basis for the battle system are all classic 16bit RPG shit that is retro and old and the childhood of people like them.

Like, the better "Am I out of touch? No, it's the kids who are wrong." type thing would be Minecraft or Skylanders or whatever.

I do agree that all the positivity around the game did turn me off for the longest time, not because it's popular and I'm edgy and don't conform. But because it was so well liked that if I played it and didn't like it then I'd feel like I didn't do it right, or I was wrong for not liking it. Like the game seemed like something I should like, and everyone saying I should like it that there was this anxiety that I might not like it and some how be wrong for my opinion.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Has anyone here played Mirrormoon EP? When you can name a planet, you've completed it right? It's confusing because the first planet was an actual puzzle you had to solve, but now on most planets I can just find the tower, name the planet and exit out. And basically the idea is that all players are working together to finish a 'season'? Very weird and unique game, but I like it. Only downside is that the gameplay feels the same on all planets, can't see myself playing this for days.

jholmes

Is Sonic Generations worth the price it's at right now?

I guess? It's a fun game but pretty overrated in my book. If you're looking to get into the series it's not a bad place to start. If you're already a big Sonic fan I might wait for a bundle, it's already been packaged in the Humble Store and the Sega Humble Bundle so it could be available on the cheap again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom