• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsyndrome

Essentially, play what you have in your libraries now, then purchase XCOM 2 rather than purchase it now only for it to add to your never-ending backlog as often is the case.
What's the fun in that?
Yeah it makes sense, if DMC4SE was eligible then Dark Souls 2 SOFTS and Divinity OS EE would be eligible too I would think. I could see it working either way, but ultimately it's up to jshackles.
I say let the remasters in, let the chips fall where they may. I bet the GOTY's are still relegated to new games vice remasters, let folks vote their heart.

I can't wait for MGS V to win this year, and then next year when Chapter 2 is properly completed and released.

No sarcasm either, MGS V is deserving of two GOTY awards.

If MGSV is in Early Access then I move that it be disqualified for 2015.

Move denied
liquid-ocelot-groove-time-o.gif

Happy late birthday to my hoe Jaw :) I'm late but idc, i was at work ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL day.

I didn't win that Dragon's Dogma give away :( why do the gods mock me?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Please refer to the Complete Complexity Chart

In seriousness, maybe try Space Rangers HD or Tachyon: The Fringe (above) if you're looking for an accessible space game. I've heard very good things about the former, and I adore the latter. There's a lot out there, but it's been a pretty dead genre for the most part.

I'll have to accept the fact that I liked that one game as a oddity and won't touch the rest of the genre. Kinda like heroes of the storm and mobas I guess

Is there anything like Rebel Galaxy out there, complexity wise, or is the jump always to super complex space sims?

No Man's Sky, EVERSPACE, Into the Stars, and Dreadnought are a few that seem similar and look pretty decent.

EDIT: Kinetic Void is sorta similar too, I've played a bit of it and it's not that great really.

pahamrick

I have a hatred of ducks since I was attacked by some at Disney World when I was 9.

My Grandparents had a pet goose, it was considered their watch dog. If he didn't like you, he would come after you soon as you got out of the car.

Bastard didn't like me, apparently. Feeling was mutual.

You must have pissed off Donald. :p
Nah, I gave some bread to some. Then I ran out of bread... ;_;

My Grandparents had a pet goose, it was considered their watch dog. If he didn't like you, he would come after you soon as you got out of the car.

Bastard didn't like me, apparently. Feeling was mutual.
What a mean thing.

But they are good baked and duckfat is great for frying potatoes.
Never ate duck I don't think. Should try some.

zkylon

zkylewd
finally finished dying light

can't say i think much of the game but it sure made for a decent timekiller and podcast companion.

as advertised, the game gets a whole lot better once you get some agility levels under your belt and when you get to the second area and you get the hookshot thing it's just a much more enjoyable game of quick and agile traversal that's thankfully just a bit more nuanced than ass creed

and that's the game, that's the one thing that's worth a damn about this game. everything else about it is garbage, the story has some of the worst writing in years and the melee combat is as uninvolved as it gets, while the shooting just feels like a joke. the crafting system is also really barebones and seems to be there just to check some dead island sequel requirement.

and that's kind of the issue, the looting and the questing all builds up to this combat system that's just the most mashy, basic thing that doesn't even have much of a sense of progression because better gear is just bigger numbers but the enemy always stays the same so sure now i can mow down zombies much faster but it's still just as boring as before. you're not now capable of going toe to toe with the super night zombies or capable of fighting big boss zombies or just get access to new areas thanks to the new gear, it's just there to reduce the tedium of killing these shambling by fractions of a second and that's it. nowhere near close something like dead rising 2's awesome crafting system that was constantly giving you new toys to play with and encouraging to try things out just because how fun it was to do so.

and then the one part about the game that's actually really fun to do is gated behind a really slow grind and while the game suddenly turns ok, it's not like you get a big payoff for your grinding, you just get not to have a bad game. imagine if crafting let you build new traversal mechanics like climbing gear or parachutes or rappel ropes or letting you create your own zip lines and other fun stuff

i see a really great game that focuses only on the parkour part of the game, just running around in a zombie infested town and making do with your agility and your smarts alone, jumping from roof to roof, crafting traps and items to distract zombies out of your fat loot

now that sounds super awesome to me

this, ehh, it's a timewaster, its best element is not taken as far as it should and everything else is half baked

I don't know why, but I love ducks. They're neat.
My family also had two geese as outdoor pets once. They can be pretty cool, but they don't like everyone.

Backlogger

This is a Steam gift. If for some reason the gift link doesn't work let me know and I can just gift it directly through Steam or whatever

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Backlogger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Contraption Maker -- MB-6AE77F87A52AA738 - Taken by Zeeman

Ducks are tasty, and they're the best when you pressure cook them.
The only downside is the bones, they're kinda big compared to chickens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom