• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, been in this thread the last 10hours and I like how the giveaways ramped up so suddenly...
Not that I mind.
Also, how can I add battlefield 3 multiplayer in steamoverlay? It needs to start via browser so it's a bit complicated.

Ha, been in this thread the last 10hours and I like how the giveaways ramped up so suddenly...
Not that I mind.
Also, how can I add battlefield 3 multiplayer in steamoverlay? It needs to start via browser so it's a bit complicated.

It's a 64 bit exe so I don't think you can unless they changed that.

Kiru

You have given away 56 games. (51 eligible for 'givers only' rules.)
YES.
my-body-is-ready.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Film school pretty much means NYC or LA. If you end up in LA, let me know, I'll be there for the next few years.

Yeah, I've developed a shortlist of colleges I'd like to attend. I'll keep that in mind. :)

Was Cart Life removed from steam? Anybody knows why?

The developer could no longer devote time to updating the game and decided to make it open-source.

Arthea

AssCreed Unity, Mordor and Borderlands Not-So-Sequel are the only time wasters that are coming up on my side of the fence. A big part of the reason why I decided to do this giveaway is that I intend to hit Uni pretty hard this semester (I'd like to do my MFA in the US), so come a few weeks from now I'll likely begin to post only sporadically. End of an era, in a way. ;)

totally
I will have no steam support anymore at all, it seems...

Hugstable

Banned
Jørdan;119668595 said:
Send a PM to Modbot with the subject title 'my loot' and enter anything you like as the subject.

Title: My loot
Subject: 25?

Cool thanks! Just got my message back from modbot and all my games so far are eligible even Pat & Mat was! :D

After playing a bit of Valiant Hearts, I think it might be for babies...

My three week old watched me in awe for about 20 minutes before a wet diaper ruined it.

Liking it a lot so far, thanks Shadownet!

JaseC

totally
I will have no steam support anymore at all, it seems...

Haha, I'll still be around, just not as often as in the past. I even intend on getting back into online CS once my area (finally) has fibre. which should happen no later than Q1 next year.

Salsa

Jase im an unemployed film major working ocassional shitty TV jobs

I studied 6 years, I made 16 short films, 2 made me money

save yourself bro, you won't meet scorsese romulan

Yeah, I've developed a shortlist of colleges I'd like to attend. I'll keep that in mind
You have any material we can see? Youtube or something. One of my favourite movies is a thesis-movie-thing from a movie student in germany. Sometimes there is very interesting stuff.

JaseC

Jase im an unemployed film major working ocassional shitty TV jobs

I studied 6 years, I made 16 short films, 2 made me money

save yourself bro, you won't meet scorsese romulan

But you live in Youreaguy, which is not only false but also not a real country.

You have any material we can see? Youtube or something. One of my favourite movies is a thesis-movie-thing from a movie student in germany. Sometimes there is very interesting stuff.

Nah, not yet, bizarrely. I'm doing shorts and a photography unit this sem, hence the (presumed) lack of spare time.

Ventara

Btw, I send a PM to Modbot asking about my loot and I saw that I won a copy of Sanctum Collection. But I never got a PM for it, so I didn't know, and sadly it looks like it's gone now.

So does Modbot sometimes forget to PM you if you won, or perhaps it telling me that I had won it was a mistake?

Turfster

Quiet a few people I've spoken to enjoyed the film overall so you may find that the last act doesn't drag it down too much.

It wasn't a bad movie, and it was nice to see Gandolfini act again.
It does definitely have its downsides, though.
Still, overall, glad I watched it.

Gamersgate is doing an Orcs Must Die sale, 75% off on both games and all DLC.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Btw, I send a PM to Modbot asking about my loot and I saw that I won a copy of Sanctum Collection. But I never got a PM for it, so I didn't know, and sadly it looks like it's gone now.

So does Modbot sometimes forget to PM you if you won, or perhaps it telling me that I had won it was a mistake?

ModBot always tries to send a PM. It's possible that it can fail during extremely rare circumstances, but typically this is one of the most reliable things it can do. The idea being that if the PM somehow fails, you still have the in-thread edit message and the my loot command.

The real question is why the giver ended up using the Humble Bundle gift key they gave away

please take these

ModBot said:
Instructions for MMBosstones86:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-0C58E3CEFE6D64C7 - Taken by Ruruja
Bastion -- MB-173BD69B41834270 - Taken by Ventara
LIMBO -- MB-82B38471E548D496 - Taken by NightmareTrigger

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Hero of the Kingdom was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Bastion was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for LIMBO was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Ventara

ModBot always tries to send a PM. It's possible that it can fail during extremely rare circumstances, but typically this is one of the most reliable things it can do. The idea being that if the PM somehow fails, you still have the in-thread edit message and the my loot command.

The real question is why the giver ended up using the Humble Bundle gift key they gave away

I see, thanks for responding! I'm assuming I won it sometime during the sale, so the guy must've thought I wasn't interested after so much time has passed.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
someone was desperate for Bastion just a few days ago :/

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Orcs Must Die! GOTY -- MB-29E024AB8126C080 - Taken by Gravelord_Nito. 4 entrants total.
Sidway New York -- MB-00D577E0E5DEEC83
Kingdom Elemental -- MB-5289F858E66E6F43 - Taken by Diedac. 7 entrants total.
Shattered Haven -- MB-C2D1F0C17C5C7FAC

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Orcs Must Die! GOTY was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Sidway New York was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Kingdom Elemental was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Shattered Haven was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1404596300z1.png

Ventara

Your post convinced to give Limbo a chance, and I was about to enter the raffle...

...but it turns out I have it.

You should really play it. It a short and simple game, but the atmosphere it has is amazing, and the story it tells through it has stayed with me up until now. Really, it's an unforgettable experience.

Arthea

I must say, I don't like giveaway craze that seems to have steamgaf in its grip lately. People thinking that they have to give away games, or give away better games, or complaining about bundle giveaways, or complaining about not being noticed, or about rules, or wanting better status or popularity.
Modbot is nice feature and if community is happy with it and where things are moving, I'll be the last person to complain, but I don't have to like it and I don't.
Giving away games one likes and wants to give or don't want for themselves is one matter, doing it for status and praise, is another matter entirely.
I'm not in for any drama, so, it's not to start discussion yet again, I just decided, I'll speak my mind one last time on this issue and be done with it.
someone has to (><)

Tizoc

Nearing the end of Bastion...yeah Transistor spoiled it for me. Transistor is an improvement over the gameplay elements that Bastion used, except Transistor is Linear as opposed to Bastion's allowance to revisit past dungeons/areas.

Also Ep. 2 of Wolf AMong us didn't appeal to me as much as Ep. 1, but I hear Ep. 3 and 4 are better.

Salsa

wait a minute

I also met and technically worked with Colin Farrel

who also starred in The Way Back

which also stars... scorsese romulan

I guess what im saying is

do you guys wanna touch me

jazzpunk gift will grant you all five fingers on an arm or shoulder

Lain

Since I've the space to use, I thought this might be fun:

If anybody thinks they can attempt to get away with submitting a support ticket with Valve to claim ownership, I can only say that I've been using the same PayPal account and the same debit card for the past several years, and have many physical copies of games to submit as evidence...

...so, basically, don't be stupid. You won't get far. Be smart, though, and, well, you'll more or less never have to pay for another Steam game again.

Good luck.

Edit:

Well now, this sure is one hell of a giveaway.

The_Monk

I also have it, and you are also very welcome to family share it any time over the next several months as I have to focus on some real life things for a while so barely play at all.

Thanks, that's very kind but there's no need for it. There's plenty of Backlog to clean in here. I've tried to get a physical copy but importing ends up being more expensive than the game itself!

As for the Modbot thing, decided to send a PM to check it's new update. Really nice.

You have given away 58 games. (1 eligible for 'givers only' rules.)

Arthea

Haha, I'll still be around, just not as often as in the past. I even intend on getting back into online CS once my area (finally) has fibre. which should happen no later than Q1 next year.

Let's hope you'll won't forget what you just said! ;)

wait a minute

I also met and technically worked with Colin Farrel

who also starred in The Way Back

which also stars... scorsese romulan

I guess what im saying is

do you guys wanna touch me

jazzpunk gift will grant you all five fingers on an arm or shoulder

in your dreams!

also play LLTQ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom