• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evrain

Since I've the space to use, I thought this might be fun:

If anybody thinks they can attempt to get away with submitting a support ticket with Valve to claim ownership, I can only say that I've been using the same PayPal account and the same debit card for the past several years, and have many physical copies of games to submit as evidence...

...so, basically, don't be stupid. You won't get far. Be smart, though, and, well, you'll more or less never have to pay for another Steam game again.

Good luck.

Edit:
I am... speechless. That is one hell of a giveaway.
But does it include more Saoirse Ronan?

ViviOggi

Hey Guys,

Help me pick the next game I complete on my backlog:

Here are my Choices:

Bastion
BattleBlock Theater
Borderlands 2
Breach & Clear
Castle Crashers
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director'c Cut
Dishonored
Draw a Stickman: EPIC
Dust: Ab Elysian Tail
Dwarfs!?
Fieldrunners
Fieldrunners 2
Frozen Synapse
Galcon Fusion
Galcon Legends
Guacamelee! Gold Edition
Half Minute Hero
Ittle Dew
Mark of the Ninja
Metal Slug 3
South Park Stick of Truth
Portal 2
Risk of Rain
Sang Froid
Skulls of the Shogun
SpaceChem
Sword & Sworcery
Thomas was Alone
Tomb Raider
VVVVVV
Witcher 2
Withcer
Wizardry 8

HELP
Bastion

Turfster

I am... speechless. That is one hell of a giveaway.
But does it include more Saoirse Ronan?

I've been watching some of my collection to uh... use sympathetic magic to try and influence my chance of winning?
I've run out of Sirshell movies I hadn't watched yet, tho.

Yeah that worked, thanks (openGL). Also this music is really annoying, can i just turn off the music or is it an integral part of the game?

The score changes according to what's happening(ie, when you're in danger it becomes tense) so it fits the story but there are no music puzzles or anything.

DogMeat77

yGray was generous enough to give me a copy of Sherlock Holmes Crimes and Punishments. (I swear now I don't know what there is left on my wishlist. there wasnt much to start with lol) But it came with a free copy of The Last Testament of Sherlock Holmes. So i'm raffling it off. :) please thanks yGray if you win!

Only enter if you really want to play this game... or I'll hunt you down. :)

Wow awesome. Thank you very much Shadownet (and Gray). I appreciate it. <3

Lame, Sniper Elite 3 doesn't move your mission progress forward if you complete a mission in coop. Finished the second mission with Corrosivefrost last night and went to play the third one and it wasn't unlocked.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Lame, Sniper Elite 3 doesn't move your mission progress forward if you complete a mission in coop. Finished the second mission with Corrosivefrost last night and went to play the third one and it wasn't unlocked.

That's bizarre. And silly.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
yep, still can't make good quality encodes for shit after 1 hour of trying
well anyway at least i learned how to make a 60fps encode :

if like me you think cover based tps are the lowest low give lp2 a try sometime, it has gfwl though *everybody leaves the room*

I wanted to buy the LP games but gfwl dying leaving me without coop kinda ruins LP2 :/

yGray

Banned
Hey Guys,

Here are my Choices:

Bastion
BattleBlock Theater
Borderlands 2
Breach & Clear
Castle Crashers
Dishonored
Dwarfs!?
Fieldrunners
Fieldrunners 2
Frozen Synapse
Galcon Fusion
Galcon Legends
Guacamelee! Gold Edition
Half Minute Hero
Ittle Dew
Mark of the Ninja
Metal Slug 3
Portal 2
Risk of Rain
Sang Froid
Skulls of the Shogun
SpaceChem
Sword & Sworcery
Thomas was Alone
Tomb Raider
VVVVVV
Witcher 2
Withcer
Wizardry 8

HELP

I want to say The Witcher series but you have to dedicate a lot of time to it. Play Dishonored first. It's one of my favorite games. Then play The Witcher 1 and 2

fantomena

JaseCs "end of an era" case made me realize when im done at high school (1 year left) and Im then going to either the university or college I might have to end my blogging, YouTubing, reviewing etc. :(

yGray

Banned
I'm playing Wolf Among Us (thanks to Shadownet) and I'm really digging it so far. Just in time for episode 5 too.

At the moment I'm playing as I would personally make the choices. Then I'm going to go through (possibly) and just be a complete big bad asshole.

Shame. What game are your vids?

lost planet 2

I wanted to buy the LP games but gfwl dying leaving me without coop kinda ruins LP2 :/

there's still a tiny chance that capcom get its shit together and patches re5/dead rising 2/lost planet 2 but i'm not hoping for much
hey maybe they'll fund the steamworks transitions with dragon's dogma pc sales amirite
at least i'm glad that gfwl isn't scheduled to die yet (unless a fucking stupid exec walks in and says "man, why did we cancel that, it looks gud ! hey pc team, let's start gfwl 2.0, just say that those suckers will keep their xbox friendlist and achievements, it's gonna be a success"

I swear I don't know why but every single person I've seen defend GFWL has used this has one of the only reasons why this service is good.

Hugstable

Banned
Hey Guys,

Here are my Choices:

Bastion
BattleBlock Theater
Borderlands 2
Breach & Clear
Castle Crashers
Dishonored
Dwarfs!?
Fieldrunners
Fieldrunners 2
Frozen Synapse
Galcon Fusion
Galcon Legends
Guacamelee! Gold Edition
Half Minute Hero
Ittle Dew
Mark of the Ninja
Metal Slug 3
Portal 2
Risk of Rain
Sang Froid
Skulls of the Shogun
SpaceChem
Sword & Sworcery
Thomas was Alone
Tomb Raider
VVVVVV
Witcher 2
Withcer
Wizardry 8

HELP

Play through the Witcher series! It's too great too pass up, and with Witcher 3 coming out soon, it's never too late to be prepared!

JaseC

JaseCs "end of an era" case made me realize when im done at high school (1 year left) and Im then going to either the university or college I might have to end my blogging, YouTubing, reviewing etc. :(

It's unsettling how time can creep up on you. The How I Met Your Mother finale earlier in the year really hit home with me as, being in my mid-20s, I've begun to realise that aside from literally 2 or 3 friends, all the rest have entered new chapters of their lives and we seldom have time to catch up, which is a reality that the episode captured quite well. You don't realise how fractured your social circle has become until you take time to reflect, basically.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
It lives yet!

And while the Witcher 1 is decently long, the second game is pretty short for the genre. Shouldn't take you more than 30 hours and that's if you do most sidequests.

I spent enough money on summer sale and giving away copies of Abyss Odyssey. I might wait a few months before I buy more games. (Also gotta preorder Tales of Xillia 2 and Bayonetta 2)

ModBot said:
Instructions for ricochetguro:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The First Templar -- MB-C9174EF4600E865D - Taken by pupo
Tropico Trilogy -- MB-BC924C6AB263FAB1 - Taken by Gravelord_Nito
Inquisitor Deluxe Edition -- MB-8314A7B661C0EF22 - Taken by Alien8
Combat Wings: Battle of Britain -- MB-ECB234B238DD0727 - Taken by The Cowboy
Hard Reset Extended Edition -- MB-0B876B528A1B44EB - Taken by Adnor
Zeno Clash 2 -- MB-6D196A7F2A148F28 - Taken by Robert J. Sullivan

Bit of a bummer that Zeno Clash 2 is already bundled but oh well.

Turfster

Heheh, people hate Desura so much. They will turn down a free game on Desura just to pay money for the steam version.

I don't hate Desura, I even think they provide a valuable service by giving all games a chance.
Their download servers are not very stable tho.

Grief.exe

It's unsettling how time can creep up on you. The How I Met Your Mother finale earlier in the year really hit home with me as, being in my mid-20s, I've begun to realise that aside from literally 2 or 3 friends, all the rest have entered new chapters of their lives and we seldom have time to catch up, which is a reality that the episode captured quite well.

Sounds like a depressing episode!

JaseC

Sounds like a depressing episode!

I stuck with the show after discovering it back in 2007 and I'd probably rank the finale as my favourite episode. As Sullivan says, though, the ending is disappointing, but expected really, however just about everything that comes before is handled admirably, especially considering that it subverts the key concept of the show (you've friends drifting apart as opposed to creating memories together, for lack of a less sentimental description).

Ozium

I posted a trade on TF2outpost and got a friend request, then traded.. got another one, and then responded too late for the guy because he went and bought the tide turner from the mann co store (wat?) and now I get a 3rd request and it's "my friend cant add u, go to this link" and his profile is private and I reported him..

stearncommunity yo :/

fantomena

It's unsettling how time can creep up on you. The How I Met Your Mother finale earlier in the year really hit home with me as, being in my mid-20s, I've begun to realise that aside from literally 2 or 3 friends, all the rest have entered new chapters of their lives and we seldom have time to catch up, which is a reality that the episode captured quite well. You don't realise how fractured your social circle has become until you take time to reflect, basically.

Yeah.

The reason for that I might have to end all that blogging,YouTubing, reviewing stuff etc. is simply that my life as a student will most likely take most of my time and then I most likely have to work somewhere which will take some hours of a day and the little amount of spare time is a time which I have chosen won't go to write reviews/previews and making YouTube gaming videos.

And when Im done with college/university gaming will probably just be a very small part of my life then, so small part that I don't have time to gaming + blogging + youtubing etc.

Gaming will be my last priority.

Ive been reviewing and previewing games for about 2 years. Im happy with what Im gained so far, but sometime it must end, and that time might be in 1 year.

Not just that, but my entusiasm for gaming has also been killed mainly because of AAA games which is the reason why I rarely play AAA games if they ar ejust another "shooter" or "plattformer" etc.

Hey Guys,

Here are my Choices:

Bastion
BattleBlock Theater
Borderlands 2
Breach & Clear
Castle Crashers
Dishonored
Dwarfs!?
Fieldrunners
Fieldrunners 2
Frozen Synapse
Galcon Fusion
Galcon Legends
Guacamelee! Gold Edition
Half Minute Hero
Ittle Dew
Mark of the Ninja
Metal Slug 3
Portal 2
Risk of Rain
Sang Froid
Skulls of the Shogun
SpaceChem
Sword & Sworcery
Thomas was Alone
Tomb Raider
VVVVVV
Witcher 2
Withcer
Wizardry 8

HELP

*You don't play Space Chem to complete it. It's long, it's damn hard, and you don't have to complete it to enjoy it. It's awesome, but it's not a backlog game.
*Don't rush through Portal 2. It's one of the best games made. Enjoy it.
*Borderlands 2 is pretty much a coop title. I bought it with the intention to play it as a singleplayer game, but didn't enjoy it as such.
'The Witcher 2 is pretty awesome but somewhere around 30h long.

I would say VVVVVV, Thomas Was Alone or Mark of the Ninja.

Athleon

I posted a trade on TF2outpost and got a friend request, then traded.. got another one, and then responded too late for the guy because he went and bought the tide turner from the mann co store (wat?) and now I get a 3rd request and it's "my friend cant add u, go to this link" and his profile is private and I reported him..

stearncommunity yo :/

I wouldn't bother with adding people. Just use the trade link, hassle free.

joe2187

Banned
anyone wanna help me out here? I cant seem to log in on Steam in my web browser, says my info is incorrect. I tried turning off enhanced steam and it happens still.

any way to fix this?

Wok

AssCreed Unity, Mordor and Borderlands Not-So-Sequel are the only time wasters that are coming up on my side of the fence. A big part of the reason why I decided to do this giveaway is that I intend to hit Uni pretty hard this semester (I'd like to do my MFA in the US), so come a few weeks from now I'll likely begin to post only sporadically. End of an era, in a way. ;)

Steam thread without JaseC. End of era. Truly.

Shengar

Just checked my Inxile Account, and I just realized this:

As part of your support for Wasteland 2, you have access to our BETA through Steam™. Wasteland 2 BETA is currently limited to the first few major locations and available for Windows, OSX and Linux. As BETA progresses, and we hear your feedback, we will be expanding the Wasteland 2 world over the coming months. Thank you for supporting the Wasteland 2 project!
Should I do it gaf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom