• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Undercover is floaty and bleh, from what I remember.

Well, sure.
But there are very, very few games that really can offer "you can do anything you want" and deliver on it.
Something will usually suffer.

That's a developer/marketing problem them. I like the tone of Deus Ex and the style, but I really didn't like the stealth of it. Yeah I don't agree with stuff needing to be all the same. But make they should lay off that sort of talk if they can't back it up.

Sch1sm

Really? Weird. I have 3 regular and 1 foil. I haven't done anything special and only played the monster game once. Must be really random.

Yeah. I think it's 3 drops a day. I play the game every day. Some days have been better than others. Like yesterday I got all 3 within a few hours. Day before I got none until just before the dailies were on their way. Such a toss up.

derExperte

capture9lshg.png

Welp, didn't know what I expected. Question is, if I craft a badge does it use this one first?

Yeah. I think it's 3 drops a day. I play the game every day. Some days have been better than others. Like yesterday I got all 3 within a few hours. Day before I got none until just before the dailies were on their way. Such a toss up.

Ok.. that makes sense. I must have received 3 the day I played. Then I got the foil today after purchasing Door Kickers, Grow Home, and Deus Ex.

titch

So, apparently I have now Twitter.
Thanks lashman for pursuing me to make one o/
No clue what to do with it though. I am so antisocial.

Came for the vegetable photo's and redheads and was blocked :(......

Can't believe there is still so many days of the sale left.

I've burnt my budget and only got one of the must buys.

Sorry Elite Dangerous you are going to have to wait :(

I'd guess the opposite.

So what can you do with the foils apart from sell them?

P.S. My first Steam sale where i am actually trying for cards and i get a foil - soz Jase!!!

Arthea

http://abload.de/img/capture9lshg.png[/IMG

Welp, didn't know what I expected. Question is, if I craft a badge does it use this one first?[/QUOTE]

It's random, I had couple with restriction cards and many without, restricted came somewhere in the middle while crafting, one closer to beginning, but ya, you can't influence it, unless you temporarily add all unrestricted on the marked for huge money and have only restricted in your inventory

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's random, I had couple with restriction cards and many without, restricted came somewhere in the middle while crafting, one closer to beginning, but ya, you can't influence it, unless you temporarily add all unrestricted on the marked for huge money and have only restricted in your inventory

Ah, I can't say I'm surprised. Time to put your luck to the test!

Miguel81

Because COD didn't have this trailer to hype it
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq5KWLqUewc
My thing is they make a big deal about choice so why not open up the game to allow that kind of gameplay more so? Nothing worse than "you can play however you want" BUT it's really a stealth game.

I really liked how Splinter Cell Blacklist did it. I'm the stealth type, but it also allowed the action-heavy approach for those that prefer that method. Ended up being my second favorite in the franchise after Chaos Theory.

Jawmuncher

I really liked how Splinter Cell Blacklist did it. I'm the stealth type, but it also allowed the action-heavy approach for those that prefer that method. Ended up being my second favorite in the franchise after Chaos Theory.

Yep it did a good job. I loved playing a mix of stealth and action and it all worked.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
we went 6 days without a single repeat?

You+have+a+nice+ceiling+_484aefefe00b538703c8b45c40c9146e.gif

all downhill from here

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wait wasnt Shadows Heretic Kingdoms going to be a metagame discount recently? Did I somehow completely missed it or they changed the game?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Nothing new shown on the Playstation stream for Shenmue 3, but the Playstation rep there did refer to Sony as a Partner to YS Studio and would be "with them the whole way" until the project is completed. Guess that will clear up a lot of confusion left over, as if the game not appearing on Xbox One wasn't already a big enough sign.

JaseC

wait wasnt Shadows Heretic Kingdoms going to be a metagame discount recently? Did I somehow completely missed it or they changed the game?

Monster Deals run for 48 hours so they're virtually impossible to miss. I'd say it's more likely that your memory is failing you.

Turfster

That's a developer/marketing problem them. I like the tone of Deus Ex and the style, but I really didn't like the stealth of it. Yeah I don't agree with stuff needing to be all the same. But make they should lay off that sort of talk if they can't back it up.

I'm pretty sure that's mostly marketing's fault.

Man, Mirror's Edge Catalyst will have 2 melee attacks: one that get the enemy down and keeps your momentum, the other transfers your momentum to the enemy.
Unfortunately, it seems takedowns are third person.

Rhaknar

Monster Deals run for 48 hours so they're virtually impossible to miss. I'd say it's more likely that your memory is failing you.

I think its most likely they pulled some shenanigans and changed what the game would be, I distinctly remember talking to Ningen about this and he even added it to his wishlist

edit: yup theres a thread about it on the forums. Im not crazy damn it!

Maybe we should launch a 'clean up the Steam thread' initiative after the Summer sale.

• Every post is on topic.
  • You are still allowed to post anime gifs, personal stories, et all. When doing so, just make sure you are contributing to the thread in a meaningful way (reply to several people, post some news, write an impression, etc)
  • The first two pages of Steam threads generally need to be purged. We know it's a new thread.
  • Happy Birthday posts should be relegated to PM and Steam Message. Your birthday is awesome, but it really clutters up the thread.

Makes everyone happy. You can still post your one off anime gifs, but you also need to be contributing to the thread.
Like Morningbus said, we should have taken care of this last last year when we noticed a measurable drop in quality and started losing members.

epicgarbageshot1.gif

Good idea. It's why I don't post much on this thread. It gets too off topic.

chronomac

Can someone do me a favor? I need a link to the PC Gaming press conference tonight that I can watch after it's over, without getting spoiled on stuff. I have to be somewhere tonight right when it starts and I'd rather come home after and watch the thing without knowing the surprises. I mean, for all I know, there won't be any but it's still fun.

Also, I know there might not be a link right now. But when it's available can someone PM me?

Arthea

Ah, I can't say I'm surprised. Time to put your luck to the test!

I really hate this system, as restrictions are multipying themselves, I made one badge with 8 normal and 1 restricted card, got restricted sale card, made other badge with 5 normal and one restricted got another restricted card, so I already have 6 restricted items by using just 2 res. cards. Now I craft the sale badge, and instead of using both res. cards in one, steam makes two. So now I have 8 restricted items for using 2. This system majorly sucks.

JaseC

I really hate this system, as restrictions are multipying themselves, I made one badge with 8 normal and 1 restricted card, got restricted sale card, made other badge with 5 normal and one restricted got another restricted card, so I already have 6 restricted items by using just 2 res. cards. Now I craft the sale badge, and instead of using both res. cards in one, steam makes two. So now I have 8 restricted items for using 2. This system majorly sucks.

Maybe the system is set up to use a restricted card where possible just to annoy you. :p

Arthea

Hah. I always forget that it's Jesus.

Really, though, I only ever craft one badge a sale. If you want, add me on Steam/set up trade and I'll give you the 3 I have left.

*should probably add it's my homepage/in my profile.

Probably some from the day prior.

you are very nice, but it would be really scummy of me take your cards, considering my sales badge level. I just really wanted to get my free cards, not yours, sell them, make some cash for games, thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom