• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm old. It's my birthday
tumblr_mm3ahuVLl01sn3hw1o2_250.gif

So here is a game about youth and choices.
happy birthday

fantomena

He just needs to find someone with a Wii U that is willing to lend it to him, or rent one for one day. No need to actually own a Wii U :)

You can always play it on a laptop, or get a NVIDIA shield or GPD Win to stream from your PC and play it in handheld form :)

I don't have a good, laptop, I don't own a Shield, I don't own a GPD Win. Why go into all that when I can do it so much quicker with a Switch?

Only thing Im interested in is a laptop that can open Word faster than my current, so a work laptop, only installed Steam on my home desktop PC.. Zero interest or need for a Shield or GDP Win for the time being.

However, I can't play Fire Emblem Switch on CEMU (of what I know of), which Im super hyped for.

fantomena

You also didn't own a Switch before you bought one, so I'm not sure what your argument is here lol

Updated my post. :p

Bought a Switch for Fire Emblem, mostly, but also for Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2. Can't get them on CEMU.

I do own a Wii U, but never got CEMU fully working when I once tried.

Endruen

I really don't understand the emulator's legal side. Yeah, you may be buying the game and getting it legally, but you aren't buying the system, so you're still making them lose money.

Wok

I really don't understand the emulator's legal side. Yeah, you may be buying the game and getting it legally, but you aren't buying the system, so you're still making them lose money.

Usually, the systems are sold at a loss and people make money selling games.

yuraya

But what if you can't buy the system because the company stops producing it?

Ozium

I don't understand how all these people are going to emulate BOTW on CEMU using the Wii U game, which has a low print run and will be even harder to find in a month or two... but no they are ABSOLUTELY NOT going to do anything shady

okay

Ibuki

Banned
I don't understand how all these people are going to emulate BOTW on CEMU using the Wii U game, which has a low print run and will be even harder to find in a month or two... but no they are ABSOLUTELY NOT going to do anything shady

okay

Don't worry, nothing to see here.

MUnited83

For you.
I mean, it is legal to buy games without buying a system and go play those games on a friend's system. It's not like you need ownership of a console to play the games to begin with. Even before Wii U emulation was a thing I had already bought a few Wii U games. Never got the system because I thought it was overpriced. When CEMU started having great improvements I just dumped my games using my friend's Wii U.

okay
Good thing that digital copies are pretty much infinite :)

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Glad to see the discussion that caused that locked CEMU thread has been relocated here.

Endruen

I mean, it is legal to buy games without buying a system and go play those games on a friend's system. It's not like you need ownership of a console to play the games to begin with. Even before Wii U emulation was a thing I had already bought a few Wii U games. Never got the system because I thought it was overpriced. When CEMU started having great improvements I just dumped my games using my friend's Wii U.
Now, that's the justification I needed, thank you.

Endruen

okay

I'm actually considering buying BOTW for Wii U even if I just want it on Switch, only because it will become terribly overpriced just like TP on GameCube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom