• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for you all, what is the max download speed you have gotten from Steam?

Usually around 450KB/s

Ru02aT7.png

Not sure if this has been mentioned...

39 cents on Steam.

Works with 360 controller, but buttons need to be configured in the menu first (d-pad config screen doesn't work, but that's okay, because the d-pad is automatically recognized once you config the buttons).

I've barely begun playing yet, but it seems like a really cool throwback to the old DOS games.

It really gives the feel of an old DOS game

The Cowboy

Oh god, this is what i get from being disconnected from GAF. Evolve was on a price mistake? QQ

Its always the way in things such as this, for me its seems to be either a great deal comes along and i have no money and see the deal, or i have the money and miss the deal :(.

Such a shame to missed the game for $5.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I used SAM, and it worked the first time.

It worked the first time for you because you didn't get the items until they were marketable. Those who earned them before they were marketable have to run the game again for the switch to flip.

Do I actually have to run it or can I use SAM or idlemaster or something?.

You don't have to actually run it; Steam just needs to think you're running it. I probably should have clarified that. ;.)

zkylon

zkylewd
what about New Vegas?

exactly, new vegas makes 3

I may not remember anything about Tactics, but I'm sure it was at least okay, making at least 4 :p
yeah i enjoyed that one until the giant cockroaches started showing up, specially that giant boss one i'll never be able to get out of my head

but my heart only has room for so many fallouts and i'd rather not water down the love with lesser ones

Maniac

Banned
30 pages behind in the old thread, and 11 here...

Sigh. Has anything important happened? I'm feeling incredibly lazy and down.

zkylon

zkylewd
ಠ_ಠ

it's basic history my friend

in 1997 the world meets fallout and there's joy for all the good people of earth

in 1998 black isle outdoes themselves and makes the best game ever

13 years of darkness

and then new vegas

easy

iosefe

it's basic history my friend

in 1997 the world meets fallout and there's joy for all the good people of earth

in 1998 black isle outdoes themselves and makes the best game ever

13 years of darkness

and then new vegas

easy

What's this "New Vegas" thing? Some kind of mod for Fallout 3? If the guys at Bethesda had developed some kind of spinoff or sequel to FO3, I figure I would've known about it.

War. War never changes.

MRORANGE

I still don't understand the Fallout 3 hate, sure it had a linear story-line compared to NV and you were dependent on VATS but it was still a competent game in the series.

Yrael

My shout-out to A Bird Story wasn't included? I've written a little summary - it looks like it'll be a tiny game, but I'm looking forward to it because it's a followup of To The Moon:

A Bird Story is a very small (perhaps only 30 minutes long or so) surreal game, with no dialogue, about a boy who finds a bird with a broken wing. It is a follow-up to the game To The Moon by Freebird Games that essentially serves as a setup for its sequel, To The Moon 2. It is described by its creators as "a simple narrative taking place between the mix of a boy’s memories, dream, and imagination." I recommend checking this one out if you enjoyed To The Moon (which was a game that tugged at my heartstrings in a way that few games manage).

http://freebirdgames.com/games/a-bird-story/

--

Never Alone looks like a beautiful game. I'm going to add that to my watchlist. :)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Armoured Priest, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 20 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Jets n Guns Gold -- MB-6833301F700337BC - Taken by r3n4ud. 4 entrants total.
Mysterious Cities of Gold -- MB-A2741B1224F59D44 - Taken by Zeitgeister. 2 entrants total.
Doorways Chapters 1 & 2 -- MB-3F5E2F4B358CDA18 - Taken by Diedac. 5 entrants total.
Circuts -- MB-03B025BAE33D678E - Taken by Mengy. 1 entrants total.
8bit boy -- MB-EBAEC549AF37093C - Taken by Feel_The_Pain. 4 entrants total.
The Book of Unwritten Tales Digital Deluxe Edition -- MB-5299ABC621FDAA08 - Taken by nja. 5 entrants total.
Blacksoul Extended Edition -- MB-0E8F3F168FE65F18
Puddle -- MB-6D935DC7262618C7 - Taken by bluechox2. 2 entrants total.
The Samaritan Paradox -- MB-9C6B92F86DEC0300 - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 2 entrants total.
Chompy Chomp Chomp -- MB-3DE7CE984F597107 - Taken by fernandes. 2 entrants total.
Power-Up -- MB-350BF2FE7EC3FFC4 - Taken by Haunted. 2 entrants total.
Them The Summoning -- MB-5CFA5BF00A913E79 - Taken by Benedict. 3 entrants total.
Akane the Kunoichi -- MB-6272748C620C4440 - Taken by Tesseract. 9 entrants total.
The Maker's Eden -- MB-1691CC0762E8EF68 - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 3 entrants total.
Nightmares from the Deep The Cursed Heart -- MB-9052DD4EB8535F0F
Steam Bandits Outpost -- MB-908C15D5E55F3AA0 - Taken by Maniac. 3 entrants total.
Fancy Skulls -- MB-360DFD05AFFB1242 - Taken by Aitor. 12 entrants total.
Dreaming Sarah -- MB-2141143D3B2953A6 - Taken by Catshade. 4 entrants total.
Huntsman the Orphanage -- MB-E1FA7744D52CE593
Shadows Price for our Sins -- MB-947B4B920A7DA634

t1414813272z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
I still don't understand the Fallout 3 hate, sure it had a linear story-line compared to NV and you were dependent on VATS but it was still a competent game in the series.
well it's more like mocking it rather than hating it for me, but no it's not a competent fallout game, it's an i guess good elder scrolls thing for people that can appreciate it.

What's this "New Vegas" thing? Some kind of mod for Fallout 3? If the guys at Bethesda had developed some kind of spinoff or sequel to FO3, I figure I would've known about it.
i'm really bad at comebacks so ehh something something fallout 3 is a mod of oblivion something

you're a smart guy, imagine that what i said was insulting

iosefe

well it's more like mocking it rather than hating it for me, but no it's not a competent fallout game, it's an i guess good elder scrolls thing for people that can appreciate it.

i'm really bad at comebacks so ehh something something fallout 3 is a mod of oblivion something

you're a smart guy, imagine what i said was insulting

what exactly sets things apart for New Vegas vs 3?

i might just throw some money into it depending on your answer

Sober

Fallout 3 is a pretty great game. New Vegas just totally outclasses it in almost every way though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom