• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilflare

I've been waiting to hear these words for a long time now. </3

Also Happy Halloween guys. I just want you guys to know I appreciate each and everyone of you, and I wish I could scare you shitless right now.
That's what you're suppose to say for Halloween right?

You got it because you have pre order copy of Alien Isolation. Every copy came with some TF2 Alien theme items.

:( I got the supposedly preorder copy as well (from the Norway store glitch) but no items or do I need to login to TF2 once?

Tellaerin

We're going to get a lot of people going to ask for sale dates and if X/Y/Z will go on sale or not... best to cut that at the nip of the
bud
, assume the sale will start on the 18/19th of December, point them here if all else fails.

Not to sound like a pedantic asshole, but that really ought to read, "best to nip that in the bud". Apart from that, another nice start to a thread.

Still waiting for someone here to clue me in on the reason for the Evolve hype. Isn't that the one that's sort of like Predator (one powerful alien hunting/being hunted by a squad of humans)? Anything in particular about it that has people excited?

Came across a curator for "Australian-Made Games" just now. JaseC, is that you? >.>

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Happy Halloween to everyone!

MESfba0.gif

Also Happy Halloween guys. I just want you guys to know I appreciate each and everyone of you, and I wish I could scare you shitless right now.
That's what you're suppose to say for Halloween right?

Happy Halloween!

Asgaro

icyewtQLfSlFI.png

air 2 for steam looks pretty rad. it's like all white and shit

tho i kinda hate that rounded square thingie icon for maximizing with all my passion

On the one hand I want to theme my Steam client, but on the other hand, why would I...?

- I browse the store via Google Chrome + ENCHANTED STEAM.

- I start games by right clicking the Steam icon in the taskbar. Since I use the beat & delete system, the relevant games are always shown in that tiny menu of 3 games.

So I never actually venture in the client really.

Shadownet

Banned
:( I got the supposedly preorder copy as well (from the Norway store glitch) but no items or do I need to login to TF2 once?
Yes I believe so. You might have to login to TF2 to confirm the items. I had to do something similar for another special TF2 item. I gave some people my AMD copy of Alien, so I'll see if they got TF2 items or not.

well i wrote it poorly so it's ok
love you anyways

i'm generally alright with kids so it'll be ok. unless my dad's girlfriend keeps insisting on me not showing him anime

then i'm gonna be run out of things to talk about

<3

also, no anime? every kids need to watch some anime. Btw watching Naruto as a child helped me remember Mount Rushmore. Anime can be educational too :3 not to mention fun.

My alien stuff isn't marketable yet, though it says on the wiki it should be good. Just want to strike while the spooks are hot you know.

Oreoleo

Still waiting for someone here to clue me in on the reason for the Evolve hype. Isn't that the one that's sort of like Predator (one powerful alien hunting/being hunted by a squad of humans)? Anything in particular about it that has people excited?

People liked Left 4 Dead, yo.

Skyzard

Banned
I like the team work involved with the different classes, it's nice with a group who have mics.

Haven't really found out the best ways of dealing with the monster once you've trapped him in the sphere and he turns aggressive, especially if he's high level. You can get screwed pretty quick.

zkylon

zkylewd
On the one hand I want to theme my Steam client, but on the other hand, why would I...?

- I browse the store via Google Chrome + ENCHANTED STEAM.

- I start games by right clicking the Steam icon in the taskbar. Since I use the beat & delete system, the relevant games are always shown in that tiny menu of 3 games.

So I never actually venture in the client really.
well i chat a lot using the steam client so it's useful for me

<3

also, no anime? every kids need to watch some anime. Btw watching Naruto as a child helped me remember Mount Rushmore. Anime can be educational too :3 not to mention fun.
yea she says she doesn't want him to end up being a huge nerd like me and my brother. can't blame her, akira traumatized me pretty bad when i was like 10 into the broken thing i am now

also what are you 12 that you that you watched naruto as a "child"

like wtf

How long 'til you can get him started on Leeg?
she didn't say anything about videogames so imma ruin his life that way, but i'd prolly spare him the heartache of league specifically

but really looking forward to playing games together

Shadownet

Banned
Man remember I told you guys how awesome the people over at Humble Bundle are?

I just got this email from the one I sent them yesterday.

Hi Jason,

Thanks so much for the kind words!

I'm so happy to have been of service, and we look forward to your continued enjoyment and support of the most humble bundles in the world!

If you ever have any future questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know. In the meantime, we wish you the best and happy gaming!

Also, here's a cat riding a shawarma through space, because you're awesome. :]
jXTvPMaQ_Di93rQ7JrQEIxx0GLcwXZBlhwWOZmTMuJFOK8kKO4qbT3RH9ySyX89cTk-YjLwIojTF45FpFK_qZ4Sm_q7jEZe1nK0i7gzT-UVU6IO-YMudwzVcvGLQ1V9SwD48KhWiokzUq8s1=s0-d-e1-ft

Warmest regards,
Angel
Humble Bundle Support

Oreoleo

L4D was much more varied and fun than this, though.
It's not bad, but I can see it getting old really quickly.

I'm still downloading the alpha but just from the gameplay videos I saw I thought the same thing. Hopefully they are holding something back for the full release, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until I try it for myself.

Addnan

Was there a misprice for Evolve somewhere today? All these people looking to buy it in bst. Damn Halloween.

Turfster

Was there a misprice for Evolve somewhere today? All these people looking to buy it in bst. Damn Halloween.

Yes.

So, played about an hour of Evolve.
I... don't know what to think. It seems fundamentally broken.
Playing as hunter can be really boring, since you're basically just chasing someone around the map and jetpacking away from anything else that attacks you. Once you find the monster, either you take it down almost immediately, or you get owned totally depending on its level.
The fact that it has bars to fill is also a big "meh" in my book.

KarmaCow

Aw seems like Evolve is too much for my ol' 460. Can't even get past 40fps even on the lowest settings.

Yes.

So, played about an hour of Evolve.
I... don't know what to think. It seems fundamentally broken.
Playing as hunter can be really boring, since you're basically just chasing someone around the map and jetpacking away from anything else that attacks you. Once you find the monster, either you take it down almost immediately, or you get owned totally depending on its level.
The fact that it has bars to fill is also a big "meh" in my book.

In the one game I played, that wasn't my experience. We had a series of encounters, I can see a lot of choices that the team needs to make besides just holding w. The fact that other npc monsters confer buffs to hunters is something I didn't realise either. It gives more incentive to not immediately engage and properly plan out when it go after it. It's certainly more engaging than L4D versus, though I got into that late when that was already picked apart by the community.

Having to unlock other characters and abilities through exp bars does suck though.

MRORANGE

Not to sound like a pedantic asshole, but that really ought to read, "best to nip that in the bud". Apart from that, another nice start to a thread.

It's been a long day for me, fixed!

rtcn63

The Haitian midget who seduced the only woman I've ever loved was a Naruto fan.

Also, Sakura is like the Naruto equivalent of Rachel from Friends. Overrated as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom