• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

Or Nolan > Kubrick

iPh7wb8inG8tr.gif

MRORANGE

Games / Gaffers:
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - Dr Dogg
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris - Uzzy
BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend - Rayge
The Talos Principle - Yrael
Dead State -zkylon
Mount&Blade: Warband's: Viking Conquest - SilentMatthew
Dungeon Defenders II - MRORANGE

I thought about it, but it would be hard to get a GameCube copy running on PC, I think? I'm not sure if unmodified DVD drives can read the GameCube discs and access them for an emulator.

the vibrating pixel heads in cutscenes are kind of hilarious but i think the game's still pretty atmospheric

one of my favorites of all time for sure

It would help if the models had actual faces and and things like that.

Miguel81

I wish I could play the game, but I lack the nostalgia goggles to ignore the terrible graphics.

Nostagia helps a bit, especially when it comes to overlooking the warping textures. The visuals are good enough to convey the cold, oppressive environment, though, and the voicework and music are still top notch. I'd figure newcomers would be more annoyed on the gameplay/controls front.

ViviOggi

It would help if the models had actual faces and and things like that.
The deliberate lack of texture detail is actually a huge part of what makes MGS one of the few PSX games that still look great today despite the system's technical limitations. There's simply things you can't do on a 10x7 resolution with pixels wobbling all over the place, but the MGS art team used those shortcomings to their advantage and created a very distinct, coherent style around them. Vagrant Story would be another example of this.

TTS is a joke

Accoun

It's one of the worst because it originally was not supposed to be a Silent Hill game, but stand on its own as a different IP.

Nah. In the postmortem article in Game Developer Magazine (by Akihiro Imamura and Akira Yamaoka) it says "Even though the Silent Hill 4 project was a proper sequel to the Silent Hill series, our top objective for the game was "change". Not sure if there are any other quotes from people actually in charge.

If you're interested in the whole article, it's in March 2005 issue, which you can legally download from the GDC Vault, along with probably every other issue released before the mag closed down :
http://www.gdcvault.com/gdmag

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The next time it happens just wait until Origin tells you that it can't connect to the network, then input your password and press login. The client will open in offline mode.
Sucks that it's not explained properly, but it works.

I did not know that, thank you sir. I still managed to log in and do my war table missions before fucking off to work, cloud save werent working so I hope nothing gets fucked up. Had to leave those 5 hour missions doing tho!

kevin1025

Banned
Alien: Isolation is far too punishing. The alien is spotting with me no difficulty at all, which is unbelievably fun when the checkpoints are so far apart.

Colin.

Just giving away a spare. Must be used by the 25th.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Colin., not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Teleglitch -- MB-A233EBB20AD5C875

t1416790926z1.png

Locust

Alien: Isolation is far too punishing. The alien is spotting with me no difficulty at all, which is unbelievably fun when the checkpoints are so far apart.

There's checkpoints everywhere though? The alien shouldn't be that much of a problem either if you keep moving at a decent pace.

e: yeah, chapter 5 is a bit more difficult than anything else in the game but same stuff works there, don't crouch or hide if the alien isn't close.

what's with all those "i don't care about half of the nintendo games, i didn't buy the system for series i don't care about" threads, is this a new trend now with thread making

and man nfs hot pursuit is long
It's long? I feel there are not enough missions. There was an outcry when EA announced there won't be any DLC on PC.

kevin1025

Banned
There's checkpoints everywhere though? The alien shouldn't be that much of a problem either if you keep moving at a decent pace.

I was making pretty good progress, going from cover to cover. I went into the room with the list of names, made my way back out, and was heading for the next area when it would all of a sudden magnet straight for me every time. Happened five times that way.

MRORANGE

I was making pretty good progress, going from cover to cover. I went into the room with the list of names, made my way back out, and was heading for the next area when it would all of a sudden magnet straight for me every time. Happened five times that way.

IN some cases there are set paths to follow, use distractions if you can as that will buy you time.

Linear corridors suck though:

I just wish I had a oculus rift for this game.

so guys, I want to play through dragon age origins so i can get the new one already but i want to play with mods. i beat the game when it originally came out way back on ps3 but I don't remember anything, i was too young to give a shit on what was going on :p any good mod recommendations besides the skip the fade(already got that one). is there a mod to increase text size? its small as hell.

Kiru

I just noticed that "Gravelord_Nito" changed his/her name to "Bayonetta" on GAF... oO
Wouldn't have noticed it without that specific tag.

so guys, I want to play through dragon age origins so i can get the new one already but i want to play with mods. i beat the game when it originally came out way back on ps3 but I don't remember anything, i was too young to give a shit on what was going on :p any good mod recommendations besides the skip the fade(already got that one). is there a mod to increase text size? its small as hell.
FtG UI Mod - More Readable Fonts and UI, and this is a must:Morrigan Restoration Patch Dialog Fixpack.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Hi,

Here is a compilation of shooters you might find interesting. Steam doesn't have a reliable system to check keys, so if one is bad or used please don't hesitate to let me know so I can try and resolve the issue.

ModBot said:
Instructions for everyone:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Casimir, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Intake -- MB-F587D1CB9BC7B5C7 - Taken by Accoun. 1 entrants total.
POSTAL -- MB-C798CE445D436777 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 1 entrants total.
Steel Storm: Complete -- MB-7B52E5FA57D45571 - Taken by orthodoxy1095
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-BE14892941280ABE - Taken by soapypanda

t1416794707z1.png

Whoa, you can change your GAF username? How do I do that?

PM an admin your name change request and they may grant it.

oipic

I just got a friend request and the bad link thingie in chat. I feel like I made it now!

Received the same message (and link) from a different 'user' yesterday. I wonder how many accounts these guys juggle as part of this scheme? Would love to know what their strike rate of success is, but there must be some incentive for them to persist with these rather lame (and very poorly written) shenanigans.

kevin1025

Banned
Received the same message (and link) from a different 'user' yesterday. I wonder how many accounts these guys juggle as part of this scheme? Would love to know what their strike rate of success is, but there must be some incentive for them to persist with these rather lame (and very poorly written) shenanigans.

I imagine their success rate is minimal, but still successful. Best to keep mentioning it and showing their names and the way they word it, so that more of us can be vigilant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom