• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

komorebi

People who didn't like MGS4 were never MGS fans to begin with. The game is the culmination of everything that makes Kojima's saga his magnum opus.

Nah. I was with MGS since the original Japanese release (imported and played through it without understanding a word), imported Integral and finished it over a dozen times, completed all the VR missions, loved MGS2, was crazy over MGS3, etc.

To me MGS4 was a letdown. Its a bloated mess with so many cringe worthy moments it made the entire series look ridiculous.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Come on Jase, even you must be enthralled by the prospect of playing another game where you are a Dragon that burninates stuff!

Dragons are pretty cool. In fact, I bought Skyrim because of its dragons only to spend 80-odd hours with the game and never progress to the point in the main mission line where they randomly spawn, so the only dragon I ever came across was the one at the very beginning of the game, haha.

That just reminds of the mess that was Lair.

I bought Lair thinking that it couldn't be as bad as everybody had said. I was wrong. At least I only paid $20 for it.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Crossing Souls: An Adventure Between Life and Death

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/424511716/crossing-souls-an-adventure-between-life-and-death

$14,949 pledged of $45,000 goal.

86cfcc16daba4fbc6b303f99b76fe142_large.gif

a73402e0c78d6f258f830d5f4f1b1902_large.gif

068832c49a5c66c7a41738724094a52d_large.gif

ac1641e01f18368383976b209d9146fe_large.gif

f68f14a2e0935e27d832927b6badd3d0_large.gif

Last Year - 5 vs 1 Multiplayer Survival Horror

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lastyear/last-year-5-vs-1-multiplayer-survival-horror

$(CAD)5,579 pledged of $50,000 goal

e403a6d13d628f36ea2184545f7185a1_large.jpg

160daf7facd34620f6eefc172b597948_large.gif

Is there a dedicated Kickstarter/Indiegogo/... recommendations thread actually?
That 80's vibe. The first one looks interesting in play, but the cutscenes remind me of the Magic School Bus show? The story looks kind of dumb. I think the second one especially is threadworthy, especially since it's got a lock on that teenage horror flick feel.

There is a kickstarter thread, but I don't think many people look at it.

hmm I'm not sure, I'm not using the game's screenshotting function tho, I remember it being kind of poop, I just use the game's camera to change angles and took screenshots with gedosato, works really well.
Hmm I have no idea it works with Gedosato, one way to fix the jaggies I guess.

Mokoi

Banned
what i don't understand at all in valkyria chronicles is why do enemy turns show like they have like 12 ap but then they only use like 6 and end it

it's really confusing

Don't question such things ok. It's better to appreciate that they don't use all of it or else I would have lost many scouts in the line of duty.

I see that BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend is coming to steam which makes me very happy. I dislike all the character designs, but is a fun fighter so I'll be getting it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I feel like people who are saying ASW is being slow with getting their games on PC must not have realized that 4 ASW fighters have been released on the platform in less than 10 months.

they are old games so shut the fuck before I stab you, ASW is run by hitler and wants to fuck you with a ubisoft shaped dildo, thats how much they hate you as a gamer

Tizoc

I feel like people who are saying ASW is being slow with getting their games on PC must not have realized that 4 ASW fighters have been released on the platform in less than 10 months.

I see them as 'baby steps' the more desired games will be released eventually and 2015 looks to be the year where we see a bigger influx of Japanese developed games.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
That just reminds of the mess that was Lair.
I bought Lair thinking that it couldn't be as bad as everybody had said. I was wrong. At least I only paid $20 for it.

I received Lair for free. It was decent with the update that allowed you to use the analog sticks. It was more memorable than Heavenly Sword in any case.

Is there a guide to explain how to move game files to another hard drive? Alternatively, will someone explain the process? I need to reformat my main drive.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
cant wait for the "this game is only 50%, do you think it will be lower in xmas sale, even tho its like less than 1 month later" posts in a few days

I received Lair for free. It was decent with the update that allowed you to use the analog sticks. It was more memorable than Heavenly Sword in any case.

Is there a guide to explain how to move game files to another hard drive? Alternatively, will someone explain the process? I need to reformat my main drive.

I think you can just move the steam installation and the steam apps folder to the new drive... I've done it once or twice in the past, but most recently i only wanted to move certain parts so I started using steam mover instead...

Ban Puncher

I went to a nearby EB Games today to pick up a $50 Steam wallet voucher which are usually $55 AUD because the funds are in USD. They have now risen to $57 AUD.

OUTRAGEOUS

JaseC

I went to a nearby EB Games today to pick up a $50 Steam wallet voucher which are usually $55 AUD because the funds are in USD. They have now risen to $57 AUD.

OUTRAGEOUS

Yeah, there's zero point in buying codes these days. Credit where credit is due, though: EB didn't raise the price from AUD$50 to AUD$55 until after last year's Summer Sale.

On a related note, I think the ongoing lawsuit the ACCC initiated against Valve has delayed the introduction of AUD support, but at least we can request post-release refunds now.

Catshade

Why are Aussies always getting the short end of the stick? A land full of Stuff out to kill humans, and insanely priced softwares.

True. When I was in Brisbane for a year, it's cheaper to import games from UK (halfway around the world) than buying games from EB downtown.

Rhaknar

It's true though, they likely will be

dont, they might be, they wont likely be. they likely will be the same discount, with possible exceptions

edit: wait Punchy is Australian? mind blown

Ban Puncher

Yeah, there's zero point in buying codes these days. Credit where credit is due, though: EB didn't raise the price from AUD$50 to AUD$55 until after last year's Summer Sale.

On a related note, I think the ongoing lawsuit the ACCC initiated against Valve has delayed the introduction of AUD support, but at least we can request post-release refunds now.

It's funny because it still works out cheaper to buy the wallet vouchers from EB Games rather than use your credit card or PayPal because of currency conversion and fees. A lot less convenient though.

dont, they might be, they wont likely be. they likely will be the same discount, with possible exceptions

It also blew my mind. How many kangaroo hunters do we have in the Steam thread? :p

I thought this was common knowledge.

STREWTH

maneil99

I can see many recent releases getting 20-25% now and 33% during Xmas

The Evil Within 50% @ Gamesplanet:
https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/the-evil-within--1094-1?affiliate=itad
27,40$/22,10€

You think it will be cheaper during Autumn/Christmas Sale?

Nope, thats the best you will get for the next 6 months

JaseC

It's funny because it still works out cheaper to buy the wallet vouchers from EB Games rather than use your credit card or PayPal because of currency conversion and fees. A lot less convenient though.

Depends, really. If you're within waking distance of a store for one reason or another, then a code would just barely be the better option, but otherwise any savings would be wiped away by the cost of driving to EB in the first place, haha.

Edit: My nearest EB store is a ~15min drive away, so after the price increase I stopped bothering with codes. I saved a fair bit by buying $800 worth of them in preparation for last year's Summer Sale, but alas the price (dollar) parity didn't last.

oipic

It also blew my mind. How many kangaroo hunters do we have in the Steam thread? :p

...and one more here. It'd be interesting to know the distribution of Australians on GAF, and their gaming platforms of choice - our console-loving chums probably fare worse in regard to pricing than we PC folks do.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Did it work? If you do that and then start steam, it should just pick everything up and be a new installation, I think, but with all the current games -- if that seems to have worked, then go ahead with your format or whatever. :)

Will have to find out in a few hours unfortunately. I have to handle some business issues that came up before I start. :/

Arthea

Bomberman clone? count me in!

guys, I think we have a problem...
I'm addicted to Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey already.

edited: wait... more than half people on this page are Aussies? Who could have thought? I was sure it's eurasian time of the day. (><)
Actually, it makes sense, the same time zones as in Asia, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom