• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocSeuss

I wish Modbot gave as much as he took. :(

For that matter, I wish I could give more. Got an email from my roommate (he knows I can't be reached by phone) asking me to cover his rent. I literally have my half of the rent plus $10. My tires exploding a few months ago robbed me of my emergency rent.

Not sure how I'm going to pay rent in December YAY MY LIFE, RIGHT

I wish Modbot gave as much as he took. :(

For that matter, I wish I could give more. Got an email from my roommate (he knows I can't be reached by phone) asking me to cover his rent. I literally have my half of the rent plus $10. My tires exploding a few months ago robbed me of my emergency rent.

Not sure how I'm going to pay rent in December YAY MY LIFE, RIGHT
*cough*

Pachimari

What kind of computer table are people using for their desktop setups?

I'm really not comfortable with my small table in the corner and my big leather chair which barely fits the table.

I want something were I can slide all the way underneath the table but also be comfortable with my legs. Maybe be able to up my legs on something so I can stretch them out.

Because I rarely sit at my desktop for an extended time and that sucks seeing how big a back log I have but also how much free time I have currently.

Enco

I regret not buying the last Humble Jumbo bundle.

Having a lot of fun with Insurgency. First online FPS game I've played in a long long time.

Kagemusha

What if Valve gave publishers a feature on store page to disclose all the details of future price changes, including the date of change and % of change. No sale price can go into effect until it's been advertised on store page for 90 days. Completely optional, but binding upon publishers that decide to use it. Like a seal of quality. Even have a list on main page for games that have increased in price. Like Kerbal Space program. Give devs the option to advertise their game by increasing the price.

Hey guys, how about all those good Star Trek games?

5eDzy.gif

I know this was a while ago, but:

Bridge Commander
Starfleet Academy
Starfleet Command 1 and 2
Klingon Academy
Elite Force 1 and 2
Birth of the Federation
Star Trek 25th Anniversary and Judgement Rites

Yeah you're right, there were plenty of good star trek games!

fenners

Spares, so time for a giveaway! Dreamcast Collection is one key for all four games.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fenners, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dreamcast Collection -- MB-F911CE31437D33FC - Taken by Sgt.Pepper. 24 entrants total.
Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-AE1C17A5F7CC0A86 - Taken by tioslash. 14 entrants total.

t1417388337z1.png

ExoSoul

Banned
I just wanted The Marvellous Miss Take, but it was for members only... this one is for us, juniors.

We must band together in these troubling times.

What if Valve gave publishers a feature on store page to disclose all the details of future price changes, including the date of change and % of change. No sale price can go into effect until it's been advertised on store page for 90 days. Completely optional, but binding upon publishers that decide to use it. Like a seal of quality. Even have a list on main page for games that have increased in price. Like Kerbal Space program. Give devs the option to advertise their game by increasing the price.

That wouldn't work that well, at least with a 90 day period. I could see it working with a week or two but with 90 days you'd go 3 months without selling anything because everyone would be waiting for the price reduction.

Khronico

7 Days to Die:

I just spent an hour sneaking through the desert in nothing but my underwear. Ended up finding enough pieces of wood and plant fiber to make a crossbow so I could defend myself (only had enough feathers, sticks, and sharp rocks to make 6 bolts). After gathering some plants to snack on and making some bandages from cloth I found in an abandoned car, I decided to head out into the urban area nearby. Under the blackness of night I snuck into several destroyed homes, gathering as much food and supplies as I could carry. By dawn I had ran back into the desert for safety (less populated area).

I decided to head west on the paved road in the hopes of finding a more permanent area to setttle down. After a few minutes of jogging I spotted what seemed to be a campsite filled with loot. Only one problem lay between me and a comfy safe zone: The undead remnants of the campers. 5 walkers wandered around the area, and I had 6 bolts (along with a wooden club). Normally you want to avoid all confrontation as the zombies can be incredibly dangerous (one scratch could mean infection), but I figured this was a risk worth taking. Sneaking behind a rock about 15ft away, I took aim at the first walker. Thunk. One down. It wasn't a clean kill though, the rest of the walkers were alerted by the commotion. I missed all of my last 5 shots and switched to my club (for some reason certain objects such as tall grass in the environment will stop your bolts. I chalk it up to it being early access).

After having disposed of the rest I took inventory of the campsite: One club, one wrench, one crossbow, tons of base materials for constructing shelter, two stocked coolers of food, two backpacks, tons of extra firewood, and a broken down car.

Pretty good for day 3.

Nzyme32

LDLC WON DREAMHACK!

Lol spoiler alert haha. No worries though gonna watch it before sleeping anyway. Still curious about that one LDLC player who moved all his gear to someone else's account as soon as the VAC bans started, and then made his profile private following people clocking onto that move, and his stuff going to his GFs account - also not forgetting his sudden social media "cover up" to set a story in motion that "all his accounts" were being hacked and it was just a precaution - if the conspiracy theorists are to be believed

Lomax

The Market listings for Tour of Duty tickets are all kinds of broken, it takes 30 pages before you find an unsold listing and then it starts showing listings at $1.10, when there are lower ones available for sale, that somehow get mixed in with the others (or don't show up at all). Wonder if Valve is doing another transition like they did with buy orders. Doesn't make any sense that the tickets aren't on the buy order system anyway.

Sini

The Market listings for Tour of Duty tickets are all kinds of broken, it takes 30 pages before you find an unsold listing and then it starts showing listings at $1.10, when there are lower ones available for sale, that somehow get mixed in with the others (or don't show up at all). Wonder if Valve is doing another transition like they did with buy orders. Doesn't make any sense that the tickets aren't on the buy order system anyway.
Most if not all items have that issue right now.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Yeah, being the weekend I don't like the chances. There's are a couple of Ubi devs who are reasonably active on the AssCreed Unity and Far Cry 4 Steam Community hubs; you could try adding them.

Hey JaseC. I found the community manager for Unity and contacted him on Twitter. He said he's not responsible for Steam Pricing or Dawn of Discovery/Anno 1404, but he would find somebody to pass the information along.

I'm not hopeful for the current sale/tomorrow, but here's hoping for a Winter Sale "fix". I doubt anything will happen, but crazier things (like the game coming back) did, so let's wait and see.

Thanks for the tip, I never think about the Community Pages as anything valid.

Jawmuncher

Wow the orders Caution and Defense Up are a bit too good.
I'm getting A ranks with ease now because of them in Valkyria Chronicles.

Pachimari

I gotta clean up my wishlist. There's like 174 titles on it, and some of them I don't even remember what is.

Edit:
And Call of Duty: Black Ops II is now bought. Gonna try out the multiplayer. Isn't the general consensus that it's the best multiplayer in the series? At least on par with Modern Warfare 2?

Lomax

Most if not all items have that issue right now.

Ah, interesting. It seems similar to the problem which used to happen at the beginning of major sales which resulted in price spikes on cards that was clearly caused by volume being too much for the servers to handle. I wonder what the problem is now.

Pachimari

For you GAF. Juniors and Members. :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for Madridista:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Madridista, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Call of Duty: World at War -- MB-429917127FF63C62 - Taken by Phawx. 35 entrants total.

t1417317716z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
in case someone else is stuck in chapter 14 in valkyria, here's how i beat it

* i did it with fairly few people but ymmv. i just got a couple of engineers and rosie and largo for the extra cp
* use the first few turns to like set everything up, alicia won't trigger the next part of the mission by herself
* mortar nuke the two snipers. these guys don't respawn and they were constantly killing my whole squad. worth the 3 cp imo
* have one of your tanks rush the south tank and double shot their radiator thingie. i kept an engineer around for repairs but i bet you can do this more cleanly
* once the south tank is dead just back up until you're in a position where that tank just murders the reinforcements. one lancer at a time is not nearly enough to kill your tank, specially if you have an engineer around
* now rush the second tank and just double shot them from the back again
* learning that the napalm thing does barely any damage against tanks was pretty useful

most frustrating mission in the game but once i got around figuring it out it was kinda fun

i'm not a fan of these missions you gotta lose first to understand how to beat tho, i don't think it suits this game at all. the infinite reinforcement thing is also pretty lame cos it forces you to sort of cheese the battle since you know killing them is pretty worthless anyways

anywho, glad that's over, onto the next one

Patreon link: http://www.patreon.com/PCGamingWiki

I think these guys deserve it. First time I'm gonna pledge on Patreon.
That site has helped me countless times: it has become a personal habit to check that site each time I dive into a new game.

i really wish patreon had like a "favorite" option or something

there's a lot of patreons i feel like checking up every now and then and see how they're doing cos i may want to support them if i ever stumble upon a bit more money and i just gotta start remembering em all

it's annoying

Jawmuncher

i'm not a fan of these missions you gotta lose first to understand how to beat tho, i don't think it suits this game at all. the infinite reinforcement thing is also pretty lame cos it forces you to sort of cheese the battle since you know killing them is pretty worthless anyways

anywho, glad that's over, onto the next one

Yeah I can agree to that.
Sure you get that "a-ha" moment but it kinda takes you out of it when you have to do it that way at the same time. VC2 I remember did't have anything like that from my recollection.

mrgone

WAT? IS that a legit site? I mean. Are they just a key reseller?

I've bought a few things from them since they started showing up on Reddit's Game Deals forum regularly and they've seemed pretty legitimate from what seen and what I've read about them there. I havn't seen or heard about any bad experiences with them so far, for what that's worth. The sister site MacGameStore looks to have been around longer and seems to check out fairly well, which is where I bought Might & Magic X just before the summer sale.

Pachimari

Nuuvem's Black Friday deals updated
Gamesplanet's did as well for a best of day, including Evil within/WolfTNO 66% off

I should have never checked out Nuuvem. Now I'm breaking. Just got God's Will Be Watching, and is thinking about Football Manager 2015 and Injustice now as well.

Steam is a drug. And I got hooked last summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom