• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Accoun

Well that's enough DMC3 for me today. Fuck that elevator secret mission.

Also, watching a stream of a guy making Quake 1 SP map for some compo with some Post-Punk (The Chameleons) in the background. Pretty comfy.
Apparently he's been streaming for like, 12 hours.

Pachimari

I caved. Bought Call of Duty: Ghosts as well. At least I can play through the campaign this time, as I didn't finish it on PS4 before I sold it.

Activision has being in desperation mode with Ghosts since release. The game is dead as fuck on PC aswell, its not even in the top 100 and currently has 900 concurrent users.
Wow, that's really really bad.
The current landscape is a lot different right now. Ghosts was universally panned, AW got a pretty strong reception, and interest in the brand as a whole is weaker.
AW on PC is not doing well in East Asia either, MP is a wasteland.

Card Boy

Banned
The Ghosts Steam reviews are the best

After installing 40 GB of garbage, I soon realize that my computer is crying after 40 GB have literally been wasted, I could've spent my $60 on "books" on "How to get a better social life" or I could've bribed the crap out of my family saying I am spending my free time on "education" and "college". But no, the series MUST continue and the Call of Doodie fanboys and fangirls must continue to feed the developers money on $15 DLC for 4 maps. This game (and series for that matter) is the reason Ebola is an epidemic. I facepalmed so hard after playing this -- I rearanged the cells and molecules in my brain and finally passed a Math test in my class.

11/10 Best Uninstalling Simulator I have see thus far.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
COD: Ghosts sucks

I work at a meme factory. Every day I make memes for hungry customers. One day this woman, probably about 60 years old walks in and requests a piping hot meme. When I pull out this meme, I ask for 6 shekels, which is the price. She cannot afford the meme and offers me a copy of Call Of Duty Ghosts to pay for this top quality meme. I accept it.

I go home, and pop in the old COD game. The game starts up, but then stops at the title screen. A midget, dressed in a ♥♥♥♥♥ costume, jumps out of the computer monitor and starts to punch my ♥♥♥♥. He gives it the old right hook, then the left hook, then the right, then the left, then the right, then the left, then the right, then the left, then the right, then the left, then the right, then the left, then the right, then theleft, then the right, then the left, then he takes a bite, then the right, then the left, then the right, then the left, then the right for the last time. I ask him what is going on and I look at my poorly beaten ♥♥♥♥. He says, "This is COD Ghosts. You are welcome." The man keeps punching me until I close the game.

The next day I bury the game in my backyard and cry for seven straight weeks.

COD Ghosts will break you.

COD Ghosts will end you.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
What the fuck, Yaiba, are you kidding me?
2 punchdrunks and grenade dudes immediately followed by 2 clowns, a fire priest and a sewage sister immediately followed by a zombride and 2 more fire priests, seasoned with random extra mobs?

Do NOT play Yaiba on anything other than easy. On Normal and above it's bullshit, not 'tough but fair' not even 'Master Ninja' just 'Fuck you right over unfairly'. On easy I genuinely had a decent time with it as a silly button masher. When you try to be 'precise' with it it's just not fun.

Turfster

Do NOT play Yaiba on anything other than easy. On Normal and above it's bullshit, not 'tough but fair' not even 'Master Ninja' just 'Fuck you right over unfairly'. On easy I genuinely had a decent time with it as a silly button masher. When you try to be 'precise' with it it's just not fun.

Yeah, I've been playing on normal, and whoever this is "normal" for... has problems =p

zkylon

zkylewd
oh apparently the dark souls 2 v1.10 update will sort of remove soul memory?

that'll be awesome

it feels like forever away tho

edit: also on the article "The improved hardware also allows us to create new encounters, such as in Brightstone Cove Tseldora, with a group of spiders swarming all over the player". fuck you from -__-

zkylon

zkylewd
#gamechanger. Amazing, if true.

"we’re planning to make it so that players in NG will be able to connect to players in NG+ and beyond. We’d also like to relax the matchmaking requirements." (...) "We're planning on allowing players to self-adjust their total accumulated souls [soul memory], which is the main condition for matchmaking."

sounds like you'll be able to cap your max souls at x value and not earn any more? it's kinda confusing

they should really go back to soul level for matchmaking. twinking isn't really that much of an issue imo since you can just burn an effigy if you don't want to be invaded

zkylon

zkylewd
i think from was trying to make multiplayer more fair but tbh i can't see dark souls multiplayer having a neat solution for that. like you could lock their equipment to what they're carrying when they invade and use the stats on that + soul level to do some sort of matchmaking rating, i guess, but i wonder if that could be exploited or just really hard to balance

simply using soul level was pretty alright, it was sometimes unfair but dark souls is supposed to sometimes be unfair, so i don't see much of a problem with it. then again i spent most of dark souls 1 in hollow form so i didn't get constantly ganked by twinkers, so who knows

the most worrying thing about the v1.10 patch is that it'll split the community. it's unbelievably stupid to do that. i really hope they reconsider and share the servers for both versions

Shadownet

Banned
I'm asking a cereal question, and if you guys know me well enough. You would know that I don't drink... But I guess no one ever pay any attention to me. :'(

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Madridista, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Madridista, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Call of Duty: World at War -- MB-429917127FF63C62 - Taken by Phawx. 35 entrants total.

t1417317716z1.png

I'm asking a cereal question, and if you guys know me well enough. You would know that I don't drink... But I guess no one ever pay any attention to me. :'(
And here's a cereal answer, ACRTAG only applies to south east Asia, but I don't know what countries does Valve consider south east enough to be in the zone.

Parsnip

The Dark Souls 2 changes sound potentially interesting.

i really wish patreon had like a "favorite" option or something

there's a lot of patreons i feel like checking up every now and then and see how they're doing cos i may want to support them if i ever stumble upon a bit more money and i just gotta start remembering em all

it's annoying

You can follow patreons. But you probably need to make an account and be logged in, since the button doesn't seem to actually do anything for me.

Shadownet

Banned
I couldn't say no since Marco was so sincere.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shadownet, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Verdun -- MB-2AFCF6A17D9BAD64 - Taken by Im a Manatee. 20 entrants total.

t1417325277z1.png

Lain

ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Lost Civilization -- MB-47EE14FF09462AB5 - Taken by autoduelist
The Last Door - Collector's Edition -- MB-0C1C1E31471B21CF - Taken by redlacs
Face Noir -- MB-0EDDF558543DDDCC - Taken by outunderthestars
Platypus -- MB-797F1682329C710D - Taken by dave is ok
OCEAN CITY RACING -- MB-83D00225E3D343DE - Taken by Milamber
Jets'n'Guns Gold -- MB-C00355DCDCAAFAEB - Taken by Abomination
Power-Up -- MB-D550B6C3F0B79895 - Taken by lindarasta
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller -- MB-310E23277775AD0E - Taken by someguyinahat

I'm still going back and forth about throwing 6,59 on Thief: Master Thief Edition on the SE store. Maybe the game sucks but it looks so nice.

MUnited83

For you.
ModBot said:
Instructions for BernardoOne:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Verdun -- MB-244880BA10219F3D - Taken by Khronico. 4 entrants total.
Verdun 2 -- MB-C1E5B11F8C61A441 - Taken by Diedac. 1 entrants total.

t1417315617z1.png
Bring the verduns!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom