• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
Indie royale bundle's still active

the+wedding+singer+yesterday.jpg

any good deals out right now that i might have missed on nuuvem or some other site? i got batman origin yesterday for like 3 bucks and some change.

I hope that Castle game gets a daily or a deeper discount at Christmas.

Now that you know it's on sale, I'd really be interested in your impressions if you get it, especially if you've played hidden object games before. That genre is one of those where 90% of the games make the other 10% look bad, so one can always hope to find a good one - or at least a guilty pleasure - now and again.

Card Boy

Banned
Bought that Indieroyale bundle but i dont want this even though it has a 93% positive review on Steam.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Gez:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Gez, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Biglands: A Game Made By Kids -- MB-F501BE40AA032722 - Taken by Zeeman

Card Boy

Banned
Another

ModBot said:
Instructions for Gez:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Gez, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dungeon of Elements -- MB-87AC3CC2C0338A92 - Taken by factorone

Pachimari

You can get Ghosts Gold Edition for $5 from Russia and Black Ops 2 for roughly $10 from Indonesia right now.
Oh. Already bought them hours ago.

---

I think my last purchase is gonna be either South Park or Football Manager 2015.

Is it just me or are the areas in Alien Isolation lacking variety? I haven't played the game mind you.

Card Boy

Banned
2 More. I was searching through my emails.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Gez:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Doorways: Chapters 1 & 2 -- MB-C000C6D4A219AE9B - Taken by $h@d0w
Them - The Summoning -- MB-AE2810C2308F940B - Taken by bobnowhere

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Is it just me or are the areas in Alien Isolation lacking variety? I haven't played the game mind you.

Kinda sorta. It takes place entirely on spaceships and a large space station, and adheres to the sci fi aesthetic of the original film very closely. But you'll see quite a few different areas of the space station as you go. It's not the same corridor repeated for ten hours, anyway.

Shadownet

Banned
Totally new to all of this. Can't you get in trouble for buying keys from other markets?

No, what you're thinking of is using VPN to buy games from other regions on Steam.

If someone from Russia (or some other place) buy you a game, redeeming it won't have any ill consequences.

But since October, region locked games are the default now. So most if not all of the new games that came out within the last 2 months are locked. That mean you cannot buy from Russia and redeem them anymore.

And then last week valve updated the rules saying that any games you buy, you won't be able to trade them for 30 days. But you can still gift them to other people.

I had a gaffer from Russia got me a copy of Ghosts Gold Edition because that is not region locked. He just gifted to me, I gave him a Steam Wallet.

No, what you're thinking of is using VPN to buy games from other regions on Steam.

If someone from Russia (or some other place) buy you a game, redeeming it won't have any ill consequences.

But since October, region locked games are the default now. So most if not all of the new games that came out within the last 2 months are locked. That mean you cannot buy from Russia and redeem them anymore.

And then last week valve updated the rules saying that any games you buy, you won't be able to trade them for 30 days. But you can still gift them to other people.

I had a gaffer from Russia got me a copy of Ghosts Gold Edition because that is not region locked. He just gifted to me, I gave him a Steam Wallet.

Makes sense. Thanks. :)

Turfster

That wouldn't do since I already have the other games. I just can't decide on pulling the trigger on the purchase on the SE store because I know I wouldn't play it now.

Thi4f really isn't worth it.
It doesn't look all that great in motion either, to be honest.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
That wouldn't do since I already have the other games. I just can't decide on pulling the trigger on the purchase on the SE store because I know I wouldn't play it now.

It will only get cheaper and it's not like Square Enix Eidos sales are rare.

It's the Steam sales, but sadly I'm overbooked, I work more than 12 hours a day, while I also apply for jobs for next year.

Still, I'm buying a lot of games I'll probably never play. Gaben always wins.

BHK3

Banned
So apparently Red Alert 3 only runs at 30 fps... the engine is designed to run at 30 fps and if you uncap it the game speeds up. wtf?

I normally wouldn't mind but there's something off with the game that it comes very choppy, like it's stuttering hard or something.

Maniac

Banned
Why are you so cruel with us? :(

EDIT: oh wait! I'm member now, why? haha

I don't like it.

No fair! I've been here like a month longer than you have! :(

Also grats, no longer a probie! <3

edit: I'm also a member. This... Is news to me. And frightening; unfamiliar; alien
-isolation has some of the best audio design of this decade. And it's fun.
I don't hate juniors! Stop indirectly accusing me please :c
I would've used nohoarders rule instead if it was possible.
On SteamGAF everyone is a hoarder.
LDLC WON DREAMHACK!

Spoiler alert pls

And guess I don't need to check my returns then... :[
This looks like you're alerting me to my own post. >_>

I'd patreon the fuck out of you if I wasn't broke and unemployed, even if our opinion of HL2 differs somewhat.

Also I'd love to see you do a Dark Messiah piece. Anyway, really do wish you the best of luck man.

-------------------------
I just realised the title for the december thread really ought to be "STEAM | December 2014 - Wait for dailies you bastards

donny2112

Bit on TWD, S2. Wasn't the $7.50 that S1 was bought at, and it may (probably will) go lower at Christmas. But wanted to get it and < $10 was good enough. :)

Sorry for the rant, but man, this is annoying.

Has anyone here bought the Groupee's Be Mine 13 and gotten an invalid key for the game, Nekro? Apparently something happened which required the dev to invalidate a bunch of keys, including the one I got from Groupees.

I sent a replacement key request email (which is what they asked affected people to do) over a month ago to them and I still haven't heard anything back yet. I'm apparently not allowed to send a follow up email because if I do, they wrote on the steam forums that anyone that does that won't get a key. And if you've been waiting for a long time? they more or less said to keep waiting. Well, that's great.

I get that you were getting many a key request and you're a small team, but seriously? It's been over a month. Oniken has two guys and they were able to get me a steam key in a couple of weeks when they finally came out on steam. At least write an update on the whole situation and keep those people affected in the loop on the forums. But no, I have to continue waiting under the apparent threat of not getting a key at all if I have the audacity to send a second email.

I'm wondering if I should just contact Groupees and see what they say, but I'm not even sure they can do anything about it. Eitherway, it's annoying.

Milamber

I can't bloody understand why the discounted price of the DragonBorn DLC is the same as the discount of Legendary edition when it hits daily. The past 2 sales has followed this formula.

Derp

Just finished TNO on über.

By far my GOAT. Best single player FPS i've played in forever. Being quite sick of multiplayer FPS, i'm so damn happy they did this.

DocSeuss

If someone buys me a copy of South Park on Steam, I will paypal you $15 some time after January 16.

I'd patreon the fuck out of you if I wasn't broke and unemployed, even if our opinion of HL2 differs somewhat.

Also I'd love to see you do a Dark Messiah piece. Anyway, really do wish you the best of luck man.

Dark Messiah eh...

I can't bloody understand why the discounted price of the DragonBorn DLC is the same as the discount of Legendary edition when it hits daily. The past 2 sales has followed this formula.
Cuz fuck you give me money that's why.

Why do you want it so damn much anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom